Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Orthopedists online in Srinagar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K K Singh
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K K SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 44 years old. After my periods, which is very heavy, I develop a pain in both legs, get cramps and swelling in my ankles. I feel drained out, tired, exhausted. What should I do?
While driving scooter in goa 5 days back I slipped. No external injury but lot of pain in left leg below knee back side. No swelling no blue clot. Seems muscle rupture or muscle pull. I came back Delhi yesterday can't rest much there though have taken zero dol Mr. Still pain while taking long steps or climbing up or down stairs. Kindly advise.
I am suffering from back pain. I have consulted from many doctors but it can not cured till. What should I do?
I have pain my right shoulder for last four months I cannot stright my right hand please tell me some homeopathy treatment and exercise for this.
I am 20 years old, I am facing emotional outbursts since last few months, I suffer from lack of sleep n restless sleep and sudden obesity. I feel sadness all the time and it has become hard for me to be happy in the most comfortable moments also. I start crying really soon even on petty situations and I have become over aggressive. and often suicidal thoughts cloud my mind. I am facing severe back and leg pain these days and chronic headaches. I fail to understand what to do. I have tried yoga and meditation but it's not helping.
Suffering difficulties to put down feet and walk after recovering from Viral arthritis a month back. Unable to get up and walk comfortably.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.