Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Srinagar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AbidYour feedback matters!
Hi Age - 36 hba1c h. P. L. C - 6.5 % average blood glucose (abg) calculated - 140 mg/dl these readings are after 10 hour fast. Am I diabatic? till last year it was normal. I don not have any symptoms: dry mouth, thirst, frequent urination, tiredness, blurred vision, and over time weight loss without trying. Infact weight in increasing even after doing brisk walk of 2-3 km every day.
Sir, I am 23 years old girl having hypothyroidism. Can you tell me the foods which I have to ignore because most of people says to avoid rice but I love to eat rice. Please suggest me. And I am also gaining weight.
Male fertility surgery
Male microsurgery also involves specialised operative techniques for the repair of very small structures, such as the tubes that carry sperm (the vas deferens). It is commonly used where there is a low sperm count, or no sperm at all.
Microsurgery can be used to:
- reverse a Vasectomy
- bypass a blockage in the epididymis,
- cure a Varicocele (swelling of the veins about the testis), which allows the testis to produce better sperm,
- In the case of azoospermia (absence of sperm in the testes), microsurgery is also used to perform surgical sperm retrieval so it can be used for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). The genetic make up of the sperm is tested first, before fertility treatment.
Most microsurgery is done as a day surgery procedure, and you will need up to a week to recover after the procedure. Occasionally we can cure obstruction to sperm passage in the urinary tract.
I'm 30 years, female. I have history of hypothyroidism. Lately I have started having pain in my knees, ankles, lower back, neck, groin. I got MRI done, thankfully nothing specific showed up. I'm taking calcium daily. Can you suggest something to change in my diet or some specific tests to be undertaken for any future precaution. I'm married but no kids yet.
My Wife age is 31 years , suffering with Thyroid THS>150 from last 6mnts kindly suggest , she is consuming thyroxine sodium tablets 100 mcg from last 6mnts , currently Dr. Suggested for 150 mcg.
I am being diagnosed by hypo thyroid. I want to increase stamina. I am using thyronorm 125. Please give the suggestions to increase stamina and endurance. Please also mention the food not to take.(i am not taking junk food)
My dad blood sugar level is 300 now hes having fever and kidney problem too so what food should he eat and suggest some mild medication.
I am 54 years old I am suffering diabetic from 2010. What are the precaution s to be taken to keep sugar normal level. Is there chance for tooth destroy fully or partially.
I am suffering from sugar. I am taking insulin from few year. I want to what I do so that I can leave insulin. Please say me in brief.
I have type-1 diabetes. Since 4 months my age is 18 years female how can I get rid of it for whole life
I am 35 years old, having high uric acid. Please suggest my diet chart. I am having high bp and fatty liver too.
Sir am hyper thyroid, am using methimez 10 mg since two weeks, am getting muscle and nerve pains, is it drug related.
My fasting insulin is 18 and pp is 188 . Is it v high . What can be done abt it . I am 51 and 78 kg female
Diabetic men usually are prone to suffering from erectile dysfunction, i.e., they are unable to maintain an erection while having sex. If you are suffering from diabetes for a long time, your nerves and blood vessel might get damaged. That will cause you to suffer from erectile dysfunction. Almost 35% to 75% diabetic men suffer from erectile dysfunction. This situation becomes more serious with age.
Causes: It involves various factors like impairment in the nerves, blood vessels, and also cause problems in proper muscle functioning. You need healthy blood vessels, nerves, as well as healthy male hormones and sexual desire to get an erection. Diabetes damages the nerves and blood vessels responsible for an erection. So even if you have the required amount of hormones and the desire, you might not be able to get a proper erection.
Treatment: If you are suffering from diabetes, and have a condition of erectile dysfunction, then the most common treatment for you is Sildenafil. Other medications, which you can take are tadalafil, avanafil, and vardenafil. But keep in mind that if you have any heart problems, then you should refrain from taking any of these medicines as they will further complicate situations for you. Consult your doctor in this case to know which will be the best treatment for you to cure erectile dysfunction. Other treatment methods are as follows:
- Intracavernous injection therapy
- Vacuum erection devices
- Venous constriction device
- Intraurethral therapy
- Penile prostheses
The dosage of these medicines depends upon weight of the patient as well as presence or absence of other co-morbid conditions like hypertension, dyslipidemia, cardiac problems, kidney/liver diseases, etc. Prescription of these medicines also depends on the other medications that the patient is taking as these ED medicines have a lot of adverse drug-interactions. Hence, one must always consult a doctor before starting these medications.
The Role of Counselling for Treating Erectile Dysfunction:
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by psychological factors and once a man experiences erectile dysfunction it can have a major impact on their emotional well-being. A man may feel a loss of manhood, a loss of confidence, low self-esteem, angry and depressed and it may also affect his relationship or sexual encounters. Therefore, counselling is a crucial part of treatment in order to address these issues.
Does psychosexual counselling work?
Psychosexual counselling is most effective when a man's sexual partner is willing to be part of the treatment. Studies have shown that for men with stress-related ED, when the partner is involved in the therapy, the problem is resolved 50%-70% of the time. When the man must go through counselling alone, the results are less successful.
Psychosexual counselling is unlikely to work if a man drops out of treatment after just one or two sessions.
Sometimes, several sessions of psychosexual counselling can be helpful if a man is due to receive medical or surgical treatment for ED. A counsellor can help guide a couple towards agreeing on treatment, or help them improve their sexual communication and lovemaking skills. A man may benefit from counselling on his own regarding how to talk to his partner about penile injections or a vacuum constriction device, which are both treatments for ED. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am facing hair loss problem, is it because of over masturbation, or due to thyroid, as I have hyper thyroid problem also n habit of over masturbation.
Two years back I was diagnosed with diabetes after 3 months of medication my sugar was under control.
I am 65 years old and diabetic controlled at times I get my head rolling for sometime and finds me in difficult at times not able to move, is it due to blood sugar come down or has it gone up? what I a m supposed to do/what is the reason behind it/ what medicine I should take in such circumstances please advise. .
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.