Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in South Goa and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varun Carvalho
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varun CarvalhoYour feedback matters!
The appearance of the milk teeth is one of the most awaited landmarks in a child's life. The first teeth to erupt are usually the lower front teeth during 6 to 8 months of life, and the last milk tooth to fall off is at 12 to 14 years of age. The playful nature of teeth, difficulty to make them maintain good oral hygiene, and the food habits put the children at increased risk of dental disease. Very often, because they are in place for a shorter duration, parents tend to ignore decay in the milk teeth. But whether it is decay or gum disease or broken teeth, it is important to immediately treat them.
Listed below are some functions that milk teeth play-
- Eating - They may be exerting slightly lesser force than the bigger permanent teeth, but they still play a significant role in chewing and digestion. Children with weak, missing, or decayed molars have poor nutrition and food habits due to their inability to chew food well.
- Esthetics - A child with a good set of teeth and an open smile is loved by all. This adds not just to the beauty of the child but also to his self-worth and self-esteem. These children feel more confident and are more social.
- Speech development - A good set of teeth are essential for the child's speech development. Improper spacing between teeth or lost tooth not replaced can lead to speech issues.
- Space Maintenance - In addition to the above functions, the milk teeth also help to preserve and "maintain" the space that is required for the permanent teeth. As the permanent tooth nears eruption,the roots of the the milk tooth, gets resorbed,the tooth becomes mobile, and finally falls off.
In cases where the primary tooth was lost and not replaced, the space may be reduced due to movement of the adjacent and opposing tooth into this space. Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- In the very early stages, before regular dental care can begin, the teeth can be wiped off with a gauze wrapped on the finger.
- By the first year of life, brushing should be introduced along with rinsing after each meal.
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis with regular cleaning should be started by first year of life.
- If the dentist identifies the child to be prone to decay, fluoride application and/or pit and fissure sealants should be used. These are sufficient reasons to take care of the primary teeth, which play a very important role.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How to fight bad breath? I am getting depressed with the problem. I cannot mingle with my frnds and so am acting as an introvert. I brush twice daily. Still I cannot find the source of this bad breath. Pls suggest me what to do? I am mentally down to consult doctor directly.
Sir ,I underwent dental ortho treatment ,I was not provided with permanent retainer, So it relapsed, later to provide permanent retainer for I had deep bite, my bottom teeth was grounded heavily. Now its been 2 years, I loose confidence while speaking, I do not get something to rest my teeth, my jaw stays in air in normal position. I seen dentist, they check my bite by taking my jaw backwards, they say bite is ok, But talking my jaw backwards is not my normal position .I do not know where the problem is but I have lost normalcy.
You should give time for your health. Healthy mind stays in healthy body. As we all know that toothache is sever form of pain, if your teeth pains you can't concentrate on your work. So it is always better to visit your dentist after every six months even if there is no problem because. Prevention is always better than cure. You should brush your teeth two times a day with proper brushing technique, night brushing is as important as morning brushing.