Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychiatrists online in Panaji. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Sanzgiri
Submit a review for Dr. Priya SanzgiriYour feedback matters!
Very good and patient doctor
I am 27 years old. I was preparing for government job for last 2.5 years but could not able to succeed, mind is always diverting here and there.. I could not able to concentrate properly. Unnecessary thoughts always break pace of my study. Smoking is another factor I think that affects my study. Masturbation always becomes compulsion especially at morning. I felt tired whole day. Please suggest me solution to quit smoking and unnecessary masturbation so that I can concentrate on my studies.
Hi I am a student of class 12. As my father is a lawyer so from childhood he and the family wanted to make me a judicial officer and I always topped in my class so my father have a firm belief that I can fulfill his dream by becoming a judge. So when I passed my class 10 Board exams securing 10 CGPA, my father advised me to opt for Arts stream so that I could focus only on Law and to fulfill my father's dream to see me as a Judge I took Arts in class 11. But I never expressed my feelings to my father that I am fond of science and studying things related to space, planets, galaxies etc. I want to become an astronaut or a space scientist. And now I am in class 12 and I can't concentrate on my studies. Whole day I think about my dream and on this crucial stage of class 12 when I've my exam on March 2018 I can't change my stream also. Thinking that I wasted my precious time of 2 years and my father's money I feel totally depressed. Please help me! I wanna appear for IIT but I can't & also can't study Arts.
Psychiatry is not just a form of medicine to identify and treat the psychiatric illness, but it also helps in improving attention, cognition, memory and concentration. Psychiatry has its role in different fields and working in the field of memory improvement is quite interesting. Memory is basically the process through which a person stores information for days, months and years.
Human brain is a dynamic entity and has wonderful capacity to store information and recall it as and when required. However, our memory is affected by a number of reasons, such as aging, accidents, negligence and certain diseases, which involves our brain and nervous system. Further, the memory of an event will improve, based on the frequency at which it has been recalled.
Apart from the frequency of recall, psychiatry can also help a person to improve the capacity of brain and sharpen their memory to store incidents or events for a prolonged period of time.
How along with psychiatric therapy you can improve your memory
- Improving your concentration while doing any work will naturally improve your memory. Doing things with concentration will help us in storing information for a longer period of time.
- Relieving your mind from stress or anxiety is also a great way to improve your memory as stress has the ability to hamper your memory.
- Eating a balanced and nutritious diet is essential for a better memory. For increasing the memory power, psychiatrists insist on a diet which is anti inflammatory, rich in protein and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- A simple 20 minute exercise routine will not just help you to stay fit physically, but mentally as well.
- It also important to sleep properly, as sleep helps your mind and body to prepare for the next day. It is also advised to have a short nap in the afternoon to improve your brain functioning during the day time.
- Smoking and frequent consumption of caffeine also hampers your memory, thus, it is advised that one should quit smoking and reduce the consumption of caffeine.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!