Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Sonipat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vimala DahiyaYour feedback matters!
One may never know when he or she might need to use a public toilet. And whenever it comes to using a toilet that is used by so many different people, the question regarding the presence of germs on the toilet seat is bound to arise. Often, the toilet seats in a public toilet are associated with being the biggest source of germs in the restrooms. Read on to know the actual relevance of germs being on the toilet seats and whether they can affect one’s health or not.
Common germs on the toilet seats
The chance of having sexually transmitted viruses such as genital herpes or bacteria such as chlamydia from the toilet seats is really low, as these microbes tend to die just as they come in contact with a cold surface, such as the toilet seats. However, there are few other bacteria present, that one can pick up from a toilet seat easily. To name some of the common germs that one can get affected with from toilet seats are, the fecal borne E. Coli bacteria, Shigella bacteria, Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and influenza.
The serious health threats that germs pose
Though the chances of developing serious health conditions as a result of using toilet seats are lesser, it doesn't mean that there is no risk of illnesses. For example, while the majority influenza virus can live for only 2 or 3 days on a non-porous surface, such as the toilet seats, some virus strains can actually survive longer and may affect one with common cold or flu.
- Escherichia coli is another very common bacteria found on the toilet seats that can make you suffer from diarrhea and other types of stomach distress when transmitted.
- Bacteria like Staphylococcus can contaminate non-porous surfaces for more than two months. Spending 3 minutes on a toilet seat contaminated with this bacterium can lead to skin rash or skin infections. Also, bacteria like Shigella can affect one by causing shigellosis infections with abdominal pain, dysentery, etc.
The best way to deal with toilet seat germs
The chances of being affected by bacteria are certainly lesser when using a cleaner toilet seat than that of a dirty one. Plus, after using the toilet seat, one needs to wash their hands properly to avoid the chance of bacterial infection as much as possible. Unless one washes his hands, it is advised to not to touch the mouth, eyes, nose, or other sensitive areas and any food items with the hands. Carrying antibacterial alcohol wipes can be helpful too.
Prevention is always better than cure. Thus, one needs to be alert when using a toilet. After all, even the cleanest looking toilet seat may be a home to various illness causing bacteria invisible to normal eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am married and having 1 year old kid. We decided to for next kid after 3 years. I am using condom for sexual intercourse. My partner some times have hitching problem. Any other advice for avoiding pregnancy. Also during sexual intercourse sperm comes immediately during penetration. Pls advice for having increased time for sexual intercourse.
Partied hard this diwali? 5 detox drinks to get back on track!
Detoxifying your body every now and then is a good way to help cleanse your system and to get rid of toxins. Having detox drinks is a good idea after a festive season or once you are back from a vacation. Since you may have indulged a bit too much over that time, detox drinks help your body get back in shape. Detox drinks also help your body shed the excess fat.
Here are some detox drinks that you can try:
1. Watermelon and mint water
Watermelon is a great detoxifying agent, it contains an amino acid called citrulline which helps rid the body of the toxin ammonia. Flavoring water, which also helps flush out the body's toxins and makes the liver and kidneys job a little bit easier, with watermelon and mint is a great way to detox. Mint adds a great flavor to your drink and it helps with digestion by enabling the flow of bile to the gallbladder and small intestine, which breaks down fats. You can also add a squeeze of lime for a bit of zing. Leave the mix overnight and drink the detox nectar with cubes of ice the next day.
Improve digestion with patanjali products
2. Cucumber and lime water
Cucumber also has citrulline but less than that of watermelon. Add to this lime juice and wedges of lime, which are important for bowel regulation and treating heartburn and gas. Mint is another key ingredient to this water mixture for added flavor and digestive relief.
3. Lemon and ginger
The best detox drink for when you wake up first thing is either warm or cool water with lemon and ginger. Just grate some ginger into a cup of water and squeeze in some lemon. Lemon is a natural detoxifying agent and ginger helps boost your metabolism. You can see why drinking this first thing in the am makes the most sense, it kick starts your system and gets your body ready for the day.
Have balanced nutritious protein drink with essential vitamins &amp; minerals for a healthy body
4. Avocado and cucumber smoothie
This smoothie is rich with essentials oils and detoxifying goodness. Blend avocado cucumber, fresh basil, a pinch of salt together for a great boost to your digestive system, metabolism and kidneys. If you feel like it, throw in a few nuts particularly almonds, which are great for your liver, for added flavor. Rest assured this green drink may not look appetizing but its full of healthy benefits for your body.
5. White tea
We all know that a fat build up in your body lowers your metabolism and adversely affects your cholesterol levels. White tea is a great detoxifying agent because it serves two key functions it helps the body break down fat and prevents the body from forming new fat cells.
So, go ahead and give these drinks a try and help your body cleanse naturally. Stay healthy, stay happy!
My cousin have a baby of 3 years old she is not ready to have a child now she cannot use any coppety because if she had use she have a heavy bleeding any injection to stop a child for 2 years.
Exercising should not a dreaded, but enjoyed. Exercising in the water can be as challenging and intense as any other form of exercise, but without the sweating. Aquatic exercises are ideal for every age and especially beneficial to those with injuries and joint limitations like arthritis. Exercising in water also helps with weight loss and stress management. If you want a reason to start exercising in water, here are three:
- Increases flexibility: Water is unpredictable in its movements. When exercising in water, the body has to push against water and faces water resistance. This resistance can be up to 42 times more than the resistance you would encounter when exercising on land. Thus while adjusting to the push and pull of water, the body is forced to move in various directions. This helps increase the range of motions in all the joints. The upward thrust of water or buoyancy also negates the effect of gravity and cushions the body. This reduces strain on weight bearing joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. As a result, the body becomes more flexible.
- Low impact: One of the biggest differences between exercising on land and exercising in water is the impact of the exercise on joints. For example, running on land puts a lot of stress on your knees. However, if you were to run in water, your knees would not make you cry in pain. This is because of the buoyancy of water. By cushioning your body, it supports half your body weight and thus makes you bear only half your body weight. This reduces the impact on your joints and makes exercising in water appealing to those with joint problems or those undergoing physical rehabilitation after an injury.
- Makes the heart work efficiently: Water has a unique property that makes it makes the heart work more efficiently. By pushing against the entire body surface, the hydrostatic pressure aids in the flow of blood from the all parts of the body to the heart and thus improves blood circulation. This puts less stress on your heart muscles. Thus by exercising in water, you can lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
Apart from these benefits, exercising in water also helps build endurance and increases muscle strength. It is also one of the most cooling and enjoyable ways to burn calories. It would be rare for you to be in a pool all by yourself and hence exercising in water is also a social exercise. So when are you stepping into the pool? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Hey , Me and my girlfriend had sex on his 3rd of period without condom before ejaculation so what are the chances of her to get pregnant and she can take contraceptive pill in between of periods. please help asap.
I have irregular periods from the time of menarche. When I reduced weight from 75 to 63kgs it was regular from a year again I put on weight. It was regular period and duration was 5 days. Again when I do exercise for 1 month I get periods but wen I continue doing there is irregular. And I take oats than green tea for 2 times a day. What should I do afetr all this.
Vitamin D is a vitamin that plays a critical role in maintaining the health of your bones, teeth and joints, as well as in assisting immune system function. But taking too much of it can cause Hypervitaminosis D, a rare but serious condition.
Hypervitaminosis D causes an exponential increase in the levels of calcium in your blood. And this can affect your bones, tissues, and other organs. The condition can also cause high blood pressure, bone loss, and severe kidney damage if not treated.
- You get Vitamin D from the foods you eat and by exposure to the sun. Still, there is severe Vitamin D deficiency in people living all over the world, including the tropics like India. These people are prescribed vitamin D supplements, a move which can misfire, causing hypervitaminosis D.
- Hypervitaminosis D occurs usually due to taking high-dose vitamin D supplements. The recommended dose for Vitamin D is 100 microgram per day. Anything over this, for several months, can cause Hypervitaminosis D.
- Some prescription medications used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases can cause an increase in vitamin D in the blood.
- Oestrogen therapy for post-menopausal women is another cause.
- Taking antacids for a long time increases the risk for getting hypervitaminosis D.
- Isoniazide, an anti-tuberculosis medication, can also lead to elevated levels of vitamin D.
You are more at risk for developing hypervitaminosis D if you take vitamin D supplements and have other health problems, such as:
Vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes - What is the relation?
- Vitamin D is most known for its role in bone health, but researchers are beginning to uncover its vital role in the function of the pancreas, the organ that secretes insulin.
- Doctors believe there is a link between vitamin D and Type 2 Diabetes as studies have shown that people who have the lowest vitamin D levels in their blood are at an increased risk of developing T2D later in life. Similarly, most newly diagnosed diabetes patients have lower vitamin D levels than people without diabetes.
- Vitamin D is prescribed by doctors in type 2 diabetes to help improve the body’s insulin sensitivity and thus reduce the risk of insulin resistance, which is often a precursor to type 2diabetes.
- Vitamin D helps your body metabolise sugar in your blood as well as it regulates calcium, which also helps manage blood sugar.
- The trick is to not overdo the vitamin D supplementation as it may cause hypervitaminosis D.
Now what makes hypervitaminosis D doubly dangerous is that it can cause raise blood calcium levels. This can lead to a condition called hypercalcemia which means that there is too much calcium in your blood.
The collective symptoms of these two conditions are:
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive thirst
- Weight loss
- Excessive urination
- Dehydration due to water loss
- Irritability, nervousness, confusion
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
- Weak muscles
- Nausea, vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Heart arrhythmias
If left untreated hypervitaminosis D can cause:
- Permanent damage to kidneys
- Kidney stones
- Kidney failure
- Excessive bone loss
- Calcification of arteries
So, be very careful while taking vitamin D, especially if you have an existent problem with your kidneys or heart. And don’t overdo the vitamin supplementation if you have diabetes- it can backfire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
Sir/Madam I recently met in sex with my gf. With precaution but stil my gd. Did not get period on date. She was fearing of pregnancy we met kn 13-08-16. Nd her actual date on this month is on 25-08 but she did not get. If she pregnant how to abort naturally please suggest me.
Homeopathy is a field of medicine that uses natural resources to make a difference on a long term and on sustained basis. It is used by over 200 million people. This medicinal field can be used to treat acute and chronic conditions, including those that have not enjoyed successful, sustained treatment with allopathic methods. It is known, not to have any side effects, usually. But this efficient system of treatment has also been under fire due to various myths. Here, we clear the air on three of them!
Unscientific Medicines: These medicines are usually termed as unscientific by cynics. The truth is that the metals and minerals contained in the medicines are tested and put under trial before they are released for consumption. The values are recorded on Periodic Tables. The substances also include ingredients like plants and snake's venom. Each medicine's symptoms and accidental allergies are recorded and put forth with a perspective on human nature. The books on homeopathy are written and recorded on the basis of the symptoms and allergic reactions. Also, many people believe that the medicines are simply water as they are diluted solutions. These medicines are diluted with a method called Succussion, which makes a dose potent with the help of vigorous shaking. While higher potency drugs are given to those suffering from an emotional state of belief regarding an ailment, lower potency medication is prescribed for those suffering from severe cases.
Training: It is a major myth that Homeopaths do not really undergo proper medical training. The truth is that all these doctors have to go through a four year long process of training via courses offered at accredited colleges and universities. Further, the course also includes modules on Pathology, Anatomy and other fields like Materia Medica and Homeopathic Philosophy. By the time the training is over, the doctor is like any other doctor in any other field. Further, with constant research and practice, the doctor can become even more of an expert within ten years.
No Proof of Efficiency: While it is a well known fact that homeopathy efficacy cannot be tested by standardised methods, due to the personalisation of the medication for each individual, it is also true that the efficacy has been proven with 180 controlled tests in the past 24 years and 118 random tests in the same time frame.
It is important to know your facts before you decide to go with a certain field of medicine. With homeopathy, there will be a lot of focus on the human mind as well as the ailment for an inside out approach.