Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Sonipat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi SehgalYour feedback matters!
Because it is a natural transition between two phases of a woman’s life, Menopause is only linked with aging and does not have any significant causative factor. However, cases of Premature Menopause have been noticed in many women below the age of 40. This menopause is more likely to occur in women who smoke excessively, have never been pregnant, or live at high altitudes. Another kind of menopause – surgical menopause – is caused by induced removal of the ovaries. Women who have had surgical menopause often have a sudden and severe onset of the symptoms of menopause.
Some Home Remedies:
Many Ayurvedic herbs can help strengthen and rejuvenate the female reproductive system, regulate hormones, and calm emotions. These include Aloe Vera gel, shatavari (asparagus), saffron,kapikachhu (Mucuna pruriens), and ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). These herbs can be taken in milk decoctions to relieve the symptoms of menopause. Licorice should be consumed during menopause, because it has phytoestrogens that can help correct the hormonal imbalances. Also taking beetroot juice daily is helpful.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice:
Avoid excessive intake of salt, chilies, spices, sour foods, and pickles.
Decrease intake of caffeine and other stimulants, refined sugar, cold drinks, and salads.
Completely avoid junk food and carbonated drinks.
Increase intake of warm foods and drinks; maintain regular meals; and use spices such as fennel and cumin.
An early bedtime, daily oil massage (with almond and olive oil), meditation, yoga, and regular exercise (like walking) are all helpful.
High blood sugar occurs when the insulin in the body fails to metabolize the sugar from the food, which raises the amount of glucose in your blood. It is a metabolic disorder which can be managed effectively with the help of lifestyle modifications such as exercise and food. This article is going to focus on the foods that you can eat to lower your blood sugar levels.
Here are 9 foods that you can use to reduce blood sugar levels:
Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb which is very effective in getting your blood sugar down to manageable levels. You can simply sprinkle cinnamon on your food before eating it.
Fenugreek (methi): Fenugreek is a common spice which is used in almost all Indian cuisines. It has a number of health benefits, one of which is reducing blood sugar levels. Soaking fenugreek in water and then drinking it the next day is a very effective remedy in combating sugar problems.
Garlic: Not just for sending away the vampires!, it is also very effective in blood sugar control. Extracts of garlic have been shown to increase insulin in the body which is required to metabolize the sugar in the body.
Heart Healthy Fats: Heart healthy fat based foods such as nuts and seeds are good for increasing the good cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body. Avocadoes contain nutrients which lower the risks of various diseases such as diabetes. In a nutshell, these fats make the cells of the body less resistant to insulin.
Blueberries: Blueberries contain anthocyanin (water soluble pigments) which is very good for your health. They also contain fiber in large amounts which make you feel fuller faster. This fruit has also been shown to improve insulin sensitivity in the body.
Vinegar: Vinegar is an age old remedy to control blood sugar levels; it contains acetic acid which causes a reduction in certain harmful enzymes in the stomach. Vinegar is also known to prevent blood sugar spikes when consumed with food.
Complex Carbohydrates: Complex carbohydrates raise your blood sugar but not like its cousin, simple carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates cause an immediate spike in your blood sugar levels where as complex carbs provide a steady stream of energy. So drop that packet of refined flour and get that whole wheat variant.
Cherries: Cherries, especially tart cherries and dark sweet cherries, are full of anthrocyanins. Insulin resistance prevents insulin from working properly to control blood sugar in normal ranges. Eating a diet high in anthrocyanins can mean improved use of insulin and lower blood sugars.
Nuts: People who eat nuts regularly have lower rates of heart disease than people who don't eat them. Even among the healthiest eaters, the ones who also eat nuts boast the best health record. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Do you know about the various types of Ayurvedic herbs and the wide range of healthy properties they possess? Every herb used as a part of Ayurveda consists of several health benefits, which include healthier skin, weight loss, and overall vitality. Here are five power herbs, which are beneficial for women for maintaining good overall health:
- Guduchi ( giloy) : Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is an important power herb for women. It is rich in antioxidants and also possesses anti aging properties. Make a powder from the stem of this herb and consume it by mixing it with honey and water. It is ideal for women with diabetes, and also helps in the treatment of fevers, urinary tract disorders, several infections, water borne diseases, and digestive disorders. This herb extract is an ideal liver tonic and improves vision, stress, and cold. Your body’s platelet count also increases on taking this herb. Conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome are also treated.
- Wheat grass: This herb contains vitamin A, C, E, K, and B complex in high amounts, and is effective for improving your immunity. The herb is used ideally for helping cases of iron deficiency in women and preventing the occurrence of anemia. It contains large quantities of chlorophyll and helps in improving your body’s hemoglobin count. Wheat grass also contains proteins and amino acids in abundance. You can consume wheat grass in juice form and powdered form.
- Drumstick leaves: Also known as muringa, this is an effective herb, which is rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. It contains anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered to be a capable energy booster. You can add this herb to regular food and tea. It helps in improving your hemoglobin levels, improves the production of milk in lactating women and is also good for your bones.
- Lodhra: This powerful Ayurvedic herb is ideal for women in several ways. It is an effective coagulant and stops bleeding in wounds and gums. It is beneficial for treating uterus inflammation in women and supports women during excessive menstrual discharge during pregnancy. The herb also helps in maintaining uterus strength and physical strength, and prevents miscarriage.
- Shatavari: This powerful herb is quite beneficial for women who are of reproductive age. It is an effective herb, which helps in strengthening the entire female reproductive system. It helps a woman to move into menopause with peace and less distress. Hormonal balance is also kept in check by the properties of Shatavari. It is effective for boosting energy levels and body immunity.
These essential Ayurvedic power herbs should be taken by a woman regularly for keeping healthy and mentally sound. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I m 31 weeks pregnant. Scan shows the breech presentation of baby. Now cesarean is the only solution or there is any chance of normal delivery. Too much worried abt cesarean. please help.
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
Having a problem related to intimicy may make a person withdraw into his or her shell. For many men, it is difficult to talk about the issue. Yet, there are a number of sexual problems that may afflict men at some point or the other, and it is important to get these problems dealt with, in a proper manner, with the intervention of a medical practitioner.
Read on to know more about diagnosing sexual problems for men.
Physical Examination: To begin the diagnosis of any issue, the medical health practitioner will first of all, conduct a detailed physical examination that will help in unravelling a variety of details. One of the biggest things that can determine the diagnosis is the possibility of the presence or risk of any other ailment which can give the treatment method a whole new perspective. With the help of lab tests centred around the blood and urine samples, as well as skin tests, the doctor will conduct the physical examination. Also, a check-up of the vitals and the specific regions of the body will be thoroughly conducted in terms of texture, reflexes, stimulation and more. The doctor will also check for vascular diseases, neurological ailments and other such chronic ailments that may have remained undiagnosed.
Psychological Factors: Many sexual problems encountered by any member of the opposite sex can be attributed to pressing psychological problems that can shape the sex life of the patient in an adverse manner. Therefore, the doctor will also consider evaluating the issue on a psychological level. The medical practitioner may ask the patient to pay a visit to a sexologist or a psychiatrist in order to find out the root cause of any underlying stress, anxiety or even relationship issues that may be fuelling the problem at hand.
Penile Branchial Index: With the help of this test, the doctor will be able to check the blood pressure levels in the penis, which can further help in diagnosing conditions that have to do with penile vascular disorders. Papaverine is an erecting inducing element that will be administered as a test dose to begin with. Thereafter, the penis will be monitored so as to check for normal reactions and any anomalies. A contrast dye may also be employed during this exam where its insertion into an artery can help in taking an X-ray of the region. This will help in detecting any leaks in the vascular system, which may have led to conditions like erectile dysfunction. In order to go conduct proper diagnosis, the patient will have to find a reliable doctor with whom he can discuss all kinds of symptoms and discomfort.