Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Sonipat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritu KohliYour feedback matters!
Now a days students from all over india started complaining of poor concentration and poor memory problem, anger outburst.
There are many reasons for above mentioned complaints.
First thing that affect your study is atmosphere, plan your study room according to your need.
Second is any relationship issues with your friends, family and others.
Third one is use of gadgets in between study. One can set daily limit for gadget use.
Fourth one is underlying psychological issues such as low mood, any stressor, repetitive thoughts or images, fearfulness, sleep problems.
Fifth one is not interested in study at all from the beginning so one should have proper interest in study. Interest in study can be evoked by your life's long term goals.
These are only few specific problem. There may be other reason also according to individual life.
Ovulaion ho rha kaise pata chalega? Kaise confirm ho ki ovulaion ho rha Hain? Period k kitne din bad ovulaion date aati Hain? Ovulaion date me pregnancy aane se pregnancy ka Jada chance Hain?
Respected sir/mam last week I had sex with my gf and we did sex 4 times in 6 hours and now after 1 day she is feeling etching in her inner part of vagina and etching quit badly and while urination she feel sever pain. And since from today while urination she feels bleeding too. What we have to do. We are in tension .plzzz help us.
Recently I had laparoscopy for removal of ovarian cyst (endometriosis, can I conceive after this, I want baby.
How treatment is carried out by Psychologist and Psychiatrist?
Hi! I am Dr. Priyanka Srivastava, practicing psychologist in Noida and with Lybrate. There are a lot of challenges, nowadays, that we all are facing regarding this concept of psychologist and psychiatrist. I am here to share, with most of the people in and around, the difference between these two. Psychologist, they are trained persons in the area of psychology with knowledge of human behavior and mind. They are the persons who can work in organizations, they are the ones who can be in the universities to teach the students but they are not trained in medicine. There are certain therapies which they usually apply to the patients. So, the patients those who come to them are generally scared that they are going to meet a psychologist.
So, kindly remove this notion as psychologists are there to help you out to move in the competitive world in the right fashion. They make you clear about the goals which they are at times confused about. So, we are not here to give you any medicines but psychiatrists are the one who are trained in medicine with the knowledge of human behavior. They are the ones who give you medicines. They are also the one who treats patients with depression, anxiety. At times, the patient needs both counseling as well as the medication.
Psychiatrists are the right one wherein you can approach both, medicine as well as other counseling is to be given by the psychologist. So you need not be apprehensive before meeting a psychologist. So, these are the challenges which we are facing every day. Whenever the patient enters, the patient says that, “will you be able to maintain the confidentiality of our identity?” Yes, it’s very true. We are here to maintain the confidentiality of each and every person because generally they feel that when they are meeting a psychologist, other people feel that they have some mental problem. So, it is not the mental problem, it is at times when we are confused about our state of mind and about our goals to achieve.
At times we get depressed because of certain situations, certain past experiences. At times, we have fear, anxiety of certain things. So, when we are not able to decide about ourselves, it is for that reason we are here to help you out and give you the directions without the medicines. So no medicines are provided by us. Medicines are only given to patients who are on an extreme level and that too by the psychiatrists. So, do not be anxious while coming to a psychologist, feel comfortable while meeting a psychologist.
For any further problems related to fear, anxiety, depression, and so on, you can consult me through online and offline mode on Lybrate. Thank you so much.
Here are cause,symptoms and treatments of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Hello, I am Dr.Smita Vats and I am a practicing gynecologist at Gurgaon. My areas of specific interest are laparoscopic surgery and dealing with various gynae disorders like Uterine fibroids, Ovarian cysts, Endometriosis, Infertility and high rest pregnancy. So today we will be dealing with a very important disorder which is commonly found in urban population that is the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). It is a complex disorder which is characterized by the presence of tiny fluid filled cysts in the ovaries which may be present in the one or both the ovaries and is also associated with irregularity of the periods or disturbance in the periods and also the presence of hypergonadism that is the presence of excess of man hormones in the body leading to more of male characters like excess of facial hair , more chest hair, hair on abdomen, thighs, buttocks etc. along with the presence of acne and may be scalp hair loss and this may be associated weight gain also and in the long term later on it may cause also pregnancy complications.
It may cause difficulty in conceiving a pregnancy, it may lead to loss of pregnancies, early abortions and development of diabetes and hyper blood pressure etc., and other complications in the pregnancy, so that it brings to the question that what causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Well the exact cause of PCOS is not really well known. There is a genetic predisposition for it and the genetic inheritance has been proven. But that does not mean that anybody who does not have genetic predispositions cannot have this disease. So it is a primarily a lifestyle disorder wherein even if you have genetic predispositions the disease usually manifests the signs and symptoms usually appear only when your lifestyle become sedentary. So it is primarily a problem seen in the urban population now-a-days because their lifestyle is sedentary and there is minimal physical activity involved. Now-a-days you spend 8-10 hours sitting in the office on the desk.
Apart from that there is hardly any physical activity. So in order to deal with that, obviously then we have to address the lifestyles also which is the most important factor and sometimes in a few patients a part from lifestyle modifications a few medications may be required which may be decided upon depending on if at all there is a hormonal imbalance or if at all there is any other disorder associated with it which needs to be treated medically. So in the lifestyle modification what you can do is you can include at least half an hour or 45min of rigorous physical activity every day in your routine and if not every day then you can include at least 4-5 days in a week. So include at least 45min of may be walking, jogging or dance, swimming, yoga, or whatever kind of exercise you enjoy. Include at least half an hour or 45min of that kind of physical activity in your daily routine.
Apart from that control your diet, avoid junk food that is avoid chips, burgers, fries, pizzas, high calorie diets and primarily refined foods, white breads and rice and all these things which give you a sudden burst of high calories and which may lead to hormonal imbalance also. Focus more on fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, curds, rice, and milk products whatever low fat milk products. Eat a healthy well balanced diet. A part from that PCOS patients mostly are obese and even a fight person of weight loss whatever their body weight is may lead to improvement of symptoms and help them deal with the disorder and if at all nothing else works then physical managements is required.
If you need any further information or further guidance regarding treatment of PCOS you can contact me on my clinic or online through Lybrate.
I am 47 yrs male suffering from chlamydia since 8months, symptoms where burning while urinating, had azithral 250mg courses done properly under md (skin vd) physician supervision several times, had done urine routine and culture test, rourine test normal culture showed e coli, having report suspect culture done again from another lab showdetails normal, Dr. Firm on chlamydia. Now burning during urinating symptoms totally have gone, but now inflammation and burning sensation in feet and outer anal area, discomfort in lower abdomen and sides developed since last 2 months, Dr. Suspected of low grade prostatitis and again continued azithral for 8 days, later inflammation burning in feet and anal area, abdominal and side pains stopped, but now after 1 month only inflammation burning sensation in feet and outer anal area has occurred and Dr. Continued azithral 250 for 8 days but symptoms didn't go. Dr. Suggested now theirs no chlamydia problem and suspected there may be nerve problems and seek md (med) physician opinion or go for vitamin b1 b6 b12 tab or injections, meanwhile I seeked 2nd opinion of another md (skin vd), his opinion was there is no chlamydia or nerve problems but these symptoms are of stress and prescribed anti depressant tab fludac 20 for 1 month but I haven't started yet. What should I go for. Or can be these due to e coli. Confused. Please help and suggest. Thanks.
Mere period 10 din miss ho gaye hai air main Ghar per pregnancy test ki Jo negative aka rahi hai main kya karu ?
Hi, I am 29 years old and I have a 6 months old baby. I would like to check if I can take an I pill contraceptive incase if I have had an intercourse without protection. I am also breast feeding my baby. Kindly help to clarify.
Its not pelvic pain. Its underneath n internal to the left side of my vagina. It makes me want to press the bone next to my vagina. Well nt actually the bone but on what is hurting. Its does not pain the whole time. Only wen I accidentally sit giving pressure on my vagina. Its very difficult to explain. Could you tell me wt this could be. As it gives a terrible pain. Whenever it happens.
I am 42 years old housewife. Having thyroid and menstrual problem. Not having period for last 3 months. Feeling chapped skin at upper lid. Also having dry skin problem though generally I am having oily skin. Takes medicine for thyroid and use good skin products. Also overweight.
She got period twice a month during period she is suffering from stomach pain is this only because of she suffered from fibroid. Please advice
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies
Fat soluble vitamins
Vitamin a (retinol)
• Found in dairy produce, eggs, fish oils, and liver.
• Deficiency causes night blindness, xerophthalmia, keratomalacia (corneal thickening) and follicular hyperkeratosis.
Vitamin d (cholecalciferol)
• Found in fish liver oils, dairy produce, and undergoes metabolism at the kidneys and the skin using uv light.
• Deficiency causes rickets (in children) and osteomalacia (in adults). Proximal muscle weakness may be evident.
Vitamin e (alpha-tocopherol)
• Widely distributed, green vegetables, and vegetable oils.
• Deficiency causes hemolytic anemia (premature infants) and gross ataxia.
Vitamin k (k 1 = phylloquinine k 2 = menaquinone)
• Widely distributed but particularly in green vegetables. Synthesized by intestinal bacteria.
• Deficiency causes coagulation defects seen as easy bruising and hemorrhage.
Water soluble vitamins
Vitamin b 1 (thiamine)
• Found in cereals, peas, beans, yeast, and whole-wheat fl our. It is an essential factor in carbohydrate metabolism and transketolation reactions.
• Deficiency causes dry beri-beri (sensory and motor peripheral neuropathy), wet beri-beri (high output cardiac failure and edema), wernicke–korsakoff syndrome.
Vitamin b 2 (ribofl avin)
• Found in whole-wheat flour, meat, fish, and dairy produce. It is a coenzyme in reversible electron carriage in oxidation–reduction reactions.
• Deficiency gives angular stomatitis (fissuring and inflammation at the corners of the mouth), inflamed oral mucous membranes, seborrhoeic dermatitis, and peripheral neuropatmhy. Drugs (e. G, isoniazid, hydralazine, penicillamine) and is also seen in alcoholism and pregnancy.
Vitamin b 12 (cyanocobalamin)
• Causes of a deficiency are numerous and include partial or total gastrectomy, crohn’s disease, ileal resection, jejunal diverticulae, blind loop syndrome, and tapeworm.
• Deficiency causes megaloblastic anemia, peripheral neuropathy, subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord depression, psychosis, and opticatrophy.
Vitamin b 9 (folic acid)
• Deficiency can be caused by poor diet, malabsorption states, coeliac disease, crohn’s disease, gastrectomy, drugs (e. G, methotrexate, phenytoin), excessive utilization (E.G, leukemia, malignancy, inflammatory disease).
• Consequences of deficiency include megaloblastic anemia, and glossitis.
Vitamin c (ascorbic acid)
Deficiency causes scurvy (perifoillicular haemorrhage, bleeding swollen gums, spontaneous bruising, corkscrew hair, failure of wound healing), anemia, and osteoporosis. Trace elements Copper
• Deficiency results in hypochromic and microcytic anemia, wilson’s disease, impaired bone mineralization, menks’ kinky hair syndrome (growth failure, mental defi ciency, bone lesions, brittle hair, anemia).
• Usually caused by copper malabsorption.
Zinc deficiency causes achondromatosis enterpathica (infants develop growth retardation, hair loss, severe diarrhea, candida and bacterial infections), impaired wound healing, skin ulcers, alopecia, night blindness, confusion, apathy, and depression.
Magnesium severe deficiency can cause cardiac arrhythmias, paraesthesia and tetany. Iodine severe deficiency can cause cretinism (children), hypothyroidism, and goiter.
Vitamin b 3 (niacin)
• Found in fish, liver, nuts, and whole-wheat flour.
• Deficiency causes pellagra): dermatitis, diarrhea, dementia.
Vitamin b 6 (pyridoxine)
• Widespread distribution, also synthesized from tryptophan.
• Deficiency causes peripheral neuropathy, convulsions, and sideroblastic anemia. Deficiency may be provoked by a number of commonly used.
Does first-time sex always lead to bleeding? Or there can be no bleeding at all because the girl is quite athletic as she used to do Skating, Badminton.
Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st july morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. Hpt with first morning urine on 13 weeks was also negative. My period was due on 11th october it has not occur yet. Is their any risk of pregnancy even though no intercourse after july n got 6 day bleeding twice. Do I need to take deviry again for withdrawal bleeding or will I wait? Moreover m having dark patches over the skin and sometime shortness of breath. N having egg white cervical mucus throughout the cycle. M I 100% safe from pregnancy?
Hi every one. I am 22 years old , i consult a doctor to confirm my pregnancy but she say that i have a thyroid problem so that its effects to have pregnancy . How can i escape from this thyroid which is the best way to solve this thyroid problem plz kindly give me a best suggestion
2.5 months back i took an contraceptive pill. After that on seventth day i got my periods. After that i m yet to get my periods. What could it be?
She has attempted sex 3-4 years before but there was no ejaculation of sperm into her body or may be little (doubtful) now her periods are disturbed like she had her period on 19 april next it should be on 19 may but usually delayed so on 2 june she had bleeding with no clots for 2-3 days not excess bleeding as usually she have during her period and even there were no blood clots that is fat tissues of blood that generally appear during menstruation. So she is doubtful whether can she be pregnant after 4 years or what is the reason for this disturbed menstrual cycle.
I'm mother of a 6 month old baby. On breast feeding. Since 2 days I have vaginal itching and white colour odourless discharge. Last year I had the same problem and doc told its yeast infection. I took oral fluconazole tablet. Since I'm breast feeding is it safe for me to take oral fluconazole? If not please suggest me some other remedies.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.