Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Sitarganj and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. I. H Khan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. I. H KhanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 34 years and trying to convince since year. All my test like follicular studies hormones blood glucose thyroid TB are done and all are normal. This time my cycle got delayed 10 days but urine test is negative. N now I m having cramps may be ovulation. What should I do?
I am having infection in throat I can breath through my nose as it is blocked completely, so I need your advice. Please advise.
Ham log kaise apni body ko pore tarike se swasth rakh sakte hai aur kaise apni body ki ham growth badha sakte hai ki taki hamari height me koi dikkat na a sake.
In last few days whenever I sleeps I seen lots of dreams. And that dreams contains no any meaningful things. I don't want these like of dreams. . Why this is happening to me.
What are the symptoms of dengue nd what precautionshould take for dengue nd there is vaccine available For dengue disease?
My sgpt is increased, as shown in LFT. Gas forms in my stomach and I have to force the gas out through my mouth, means I cannot belch properly. Stool is semi solid. What should I do? tell me medication and type of food.
Doctor me and wife have gifted with a baby girl but the delivery was cesarean delivery. Our baby is 3 months old. Me and my wife had intercourse about 3 to 4 times in last few days. So is it bad for her? She has bleeding from her private part in two days. I doubt it as her period. Is it all right for her or anything to be worry about? She is getting a waist pain while sleeping at night during last three days. Kindly tell me is anything serious about her?
I am new couple and want to increase my sex stamina so please suggest us without any side effects Thanks in advance.
Vitamin A is essential for various body functions, the most important are vision, immunity, skin and hair health and correct genetic transcription. Signs of vitamin A toxicity include bone pain, brittle nails, hair loss, fatigue, dry and fissured skin and abnormal liver function. Deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindness.
Some interesting fatcs about vitamin A:
- Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin, thus requires fat for effective absorption.
- Normal level of vitamin A required for proper body functioning is about 3000 mg per day. A person could also end up eating more of Vitamin A on a regular basis, which could lead to vitamin A toxicity. If it is consumed from natural sources, it is not harmful; however, if synthetic vitamin A is consumed, it may end up as a toxin in the body.
- Every 100 g of sweet potato contains about 19200 IU of vitamin A. Sweet potato can be consumed in cooked, baked, cubed, raw or frozen form. It can be used in multiple ways and is one of the most vitamin A rich foods.
- Carrots is the most popular rich source of vitamin A. Every child knows that carrots are good for vision and eye health. Carrots can also be consumed in baked, cooked, raw or frozen form. Every 100 g of carrot contains about 17000 IU of carrot, which more than takes care of daily requirements.
- Green leafy vegetables are another rich source of vitamin A. This could be spinach, lettuce, beet greens, turnip greens, collards, kale, or other greens. Each of them contains sufficient amounts of vitamin A, and including about 100 g provides about 14000 IU of vitamin A. These can be used as salad dressings or cooked with lentils to make variety of dishes.
- The liver from any animal is the most effective nonvegetarian source of vitamin A. Consuming liver 2 to 3 times per day gives sufficient amounts vitamin A for men, women and children. Cod liver oil, which are available widely in the market are also a good source, if meat is not available.
- Dry fruits, such as apricots, which are sundried and used when there is no season for apricots, are another rich source of vitamin A. Dried peaches and prunes are also good sources for this vitamin.
- Consuming about 2 egg yolks per day provides all the required vitamin A for your body. It does contain cholesterol, but the body does need small amount of cholesterol too for various functions.
- Dairy products, such butter and cream from cow's milk which are especially fed on grass are again great sources of vitamin A.
- Small amounts of vitamin A are also present in cantaloupe melons, pumpkins, squash fruits, beetroot, bell peppers and most importantly in seasonal fruits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!