Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip Kumar Naidu
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip Kumar NaiduYour feedback matters!
Caring, proper explanation about problem, recovery time, guiding family members, he himself bought all equipment needed from shop
Dr Dinesh took care of Physiotherapy, the team of Doctors Dr Dinesh himself offered good care for my recovery
Gentle perfectphsiotherapy in urapakam area
Best physio and top physio in selaiyur
Calcium is good for bones but it’s not so good when it displaces on the bone forming the underside of your heel, causing painful heel spurs. The pain caused by heel spurs can be either sharp or dull. It usually worsens after jogging or walking and is acute when people get out of bed in the morning.
Heel spurs may be in the form of small bony protrusions or irregular growths on the heel bone.
These are more often in men and women who are older. But that’s not all, anyone can get a heel spur and athletes especially runners are especially susceptible. When the heel is subjected to constant wear and tear, heel spurs can form.
How do heel spurs develop?
To protect the surrounding heel tissue from damage, cells that specialise in forming bone reach the spot and start depositing calcium. This leads to the formation of a heel spur over a period of months.
Heel spurs are painful, but not always. There are many cases where they go undiagnosed and are only detected by X-ray.
- Lopsided walking leading to excessive strain on the heel bone, ligaments and nerves
- Repeated running, jogging or jumping on hard surfaces
- Wearing poorly fitted shoes that lack appropriate arch support
7 Ways To Get Rid Of heel spurs
- Rest- Avoiding movement of the affected foot is a good way to reduce heel pain and stiffness. Massaging linseed and coconut oil onto the painful heel and then relaxing is even better.
- Baking soda- This is a good home remedy for heel spurs. Baking soda contains crystals that help reduce calcium deposits in the bottom of the heel bone. It also reduces pain and inflammation.
- Icing- Ice packs help reduce heel pain and control inflammation and swelling associated with heel spurs and also relaxes muscles.
- Anti-inflammatory medications- These medications relieve heel pain but they shouldn’t be used for longer periods as they can lead to gastrointestinal problems like leaky gut, bleeding and symptoms of an ulcer.
- Steroid injection- This provides some relief from the pain but if the injection is given wrongly, there can be nerve damage and the symptoms can get worse.
- Cryoultrasound- This is an innovative electro-medical device that uses cryotherapy and ultrasound therapy to treat pain. It reduces pain and spasms and improves blood circulation and cell renewal.
- Surgery- Surgery can be effective but only when it’s done at the right time. It’s also an expensive procedure. Heel spurs can form again after surgery if the patient continues the lifestyle that led to the problem. There are several complications associated with surgery too like nerve damage, infection, permanent numbness etc.
Because of the limitations of conventional therapies, people with heel spurs look for natural remedies for heel pain like using Epsom salts and supplementing with magnesium and vitamin B for nerve and bone formation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I was having back pain after doing push ups after a long period of bed rest. Then I visit to a orthopedician. He gave me painkillers and a massage gel. But after taking medicines for about 14 days and much bed rest, I am having one more problem of drops of urine leakage. Please help me in this regard. I am in fear. Please help.
Sir my mother age is 40. Weight is 75 to decrease weight treadmill is better or cycling is better she is also having knee pain. Which one is better?
Sir meri mom ko sujan ki problem hai. Mediation lete wakt sujan utar jaati hai. Pehle unhe seene me dard tha to medition se thik ho gayi thi. Lekin ab fir wahi problem hai. Stomach gas problem bhi hai. Koi bhi permanent solution nahi mil raha hai. Please help me.
I have pain in my left hand. So wht to do now . I am doing exercise daily at gym. please help me for forget my pain.
Suddenly 1 month I saw that my right heel so pain in early morning. I visiting my nearest general physician doctor, he asked me calcaneal spur is present my heel. Pls give me some medicine name & I try to cure my heel problem.
How to avoid Sciatica?