Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Sindhudurg and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rajshekhar KarlekarYour feedback matters!
For the last one month I cannot eat spicy food, and hot food. please can you suggest me some medicines. (i have habit of chewing gutkha for past 1 year)
I have pinched nerve in my neck. There is severe pain and numbness. Which runs from neck back to my left hand thumb. What should I do.
I'm 19 years old, and even though I don't feel nervous or fear or any other emotions, than why do my hands tremble?
Urinary incontinence or the involuntary urination is a common and distressing problem, which may have a large impact on quality of life. The most common types of urinary incontinence in women are stress urinary incontinence and urge urinary incontinence. Women with both problems have mixed urinary incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence is caused by loss of support of the urethra which is usually a consequence of damage to pelvic support structures as a result of childbirth. It is characterized by leaking of small amounts of urine with activities which increase abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing and lifting.
Additionally, frequent exercise in high-impact activities can cause athletic incontinence to develop. Urge urinary incontinence is caused by uninhibited contractions of the detrusor muscle. It is characterized by leaking of large amounts of urine in association with insufficient warning to get to the bathroom in time.
How to diagnose urinary incontinence?
- Stress test: The patient relaxes, then coughs vigorously as the doctor watches for loss of urine.
- Urinalysis: Urine is tested for evidence of infection, urinary stones, or other contributing causes.
- Blood tests: Blood is taken, sent to a laboratory, and examined for substances related to causes of incontinence.
- Ultrasound: Sound waves are used to visualize the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- Cystoscopy: A thin tube with a tiny camera is inserted in the urethra and used to see the inside of the urethra and bladder.
- Urodynamic: Various techniques measure pressure in the bladder and the flow of urine.
Ayurvedic Management of Urinary Incontinence:
Ayurveda is a very effective natural treatment for Involuntary Urination. Medicines help to treat the root cause of disease. Ayurveda remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by thousands of patients all over the world bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural remedies do not have any side effects at all.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Am fully interested to do sex all times. But am not enjoying sex long duration. Very short moment I will be out. I feel very bad. Wat I can do. Is any medicine available to stay longer. Even though I had used vygra but no use.
NEUTROPHIL/LYMPHOCYTE ratio less than two may serve an excellent screening tool for isolation while awaiting throat swab culture reports for conformation of the diagnosis. If the patient presenting with two or more of influenza like symptoms (cough, sore throat, fever, rhinorrhea, malaise, headache, shortness of breath, chills) a decrease inWBC count and an N/L ratio less than 2 indicate the possibility of swine flu.
But the final diagnosis must be based on throat swab culture and virus isolation, Reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). At present, there is no validated rapid bedside diagnostic test (including so-called ‘point-of-care’ diagnostic tests). Samples for laboratory tests should be taken from the deep nasal passages, nasopharynx, throat or, if available, bronchial aspirate.
N/L ratio is time saving and cost-effective procedure. It would be especially helpful when there are a large number of suspected cases or in areas where the facilities for throat swab culture are not available.
Therefore by L/N ratio the anti-viral treatment can also be started early thus reducing the complications and mortality due to delayed treatment.
1. Cunha, Pherez, Schoch. Diagnostic importance of relative lymphopenia as a marker of swine influenza (H1N1)in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2009; 49 : 1454-6
2. CDC. Outbreak of Swine- origin influenza (H1N1) virus infection- Mexico. 2009: 58 : 467-70.
3. Michaelis , Doerr, Cinatl. An influenza A H1N1 virus revival - pandemic H1N1: Infection. 2009;
4. Ajit Indavarapu & Abhilash Akinapelli “Neutrophils to lymphocyte ratio as a screening tool for swine influenza” Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India. Indian J Med Res 134, September 2011, pp 389-391.