Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Sindhudurg and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. R V KamatYour feedback matters!
Blood in semen occurs due to a variety of factors. It is also called 'hematospermia.' It mainly affects men after 30 years of age. After 50 years of age, blood in semen is caused due to prostate enlargement. Blood in semen is caused due to injuries, inflammation and blockage near the male reproductive system. Blood in semen can be linked to other diseases which might not be known by the affected person.
What can cause blood in semen?
- Blood in semen can be caused due to infections, tumors and stones.
- Abnormal body structure generally due to an autism spectrum disorder can also cause blood in semen.
- Prostate biopsy (removal of tissues from the prostate region which produces semen) also leads to blood in sperm sometimes. Though this is temporary and heals within three to four weeks.
- Vasectomy is a procedure done on men, which involves making small holes or slits in the scrotum so that the sperm doesn't flow during ejaculation. This is mainly done to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Sometimes, vasectomy causes blood in semen.
- It is also caused by infections such as Herpes, Chlamydia and Trichomoniasis.
- Sometimes, there are kidney stones found in the prostate called calculi, this is the most common reason for blood in semen.
- Blood in semen can also be caused due to parasitic infection, tuberculosis or chronic liver diseases.
Symptoms of blood in semen:
- Immense pain during ejaculation.
- Pain during urination.
- Acute lower back pain.
- Low to mild fever.
- Swelling in the scrotum and testes.
- Tenderness in the scrotum, testes and groin area.
Diagnosing blood in semen:
- While diagnosing blood in semen physical examinations are performed. The doctor checks for inflammation, swelling, tenderness and signs of injuries.
- Sometimes sexually transmitted diseases also cause blood in semen. So, the doctor takes a blood test to see whether you have STD's or not.
- Urine testing is also performed to see if any bacteria or abnormalities are found in the urine.
- MRIs, ultrasounds and CT scans can also locate any obstructions in the pelvic area which might be a cause of blood in semen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have a body pain every time and leg pain also without painkiller its very painful for me but I don't want to take painkiller but not possible then what should I do and why is it paining.
I am confuse that if sometime we see sexual thing or we think about it there hormones secretion through personal organ. Is this sexual problem or it is natural. If it is problem what is solution or treatment for this?
Sir Jab bhi mein cricket khelta hu Or us time run karta hu to mere aankh se or naak se paani aane lagta hai kyu please help.
I have been itching for about 24 days at my abdominal side skin, round shape rings are formed and they are itching continuously what to do? I am using tyza cream.
I am eating multani matti for around a month and now I am addicted to it. I know it's not good for kidneys. Now suggest me to resolve this issue. Please help.
How can I stay longer on bed, and one more thing am worried about, actually after just having sex/ejaculation, I feel to urinate and and within 5 mins I bound to urinate because of pressure increases, so is it normal or I should consult.
I am suffering from migraine for last 25 yrs. I have to take paracetamol and pain killer on daily basis. I have taken 1shot of botox but that gave me only 3 months relief. Any suggestion from expert.
Hello Dr. Since 5 years I have been suffering from eye allergy (red, watery and itchy eyes) it discharges white content. I consulted many Dr. and used many medications including eye drops and tablets but no use. It comes often and trouble me for 1 or 2 months and disappear.. Am feeling really frustrated. please help me.
Hello sir my name is umar I got married 1 year ago but my wife had problem regarding irregular with PCOD.
Sir I am 20 year old Male. Following things to say to you:- 1. When I watch porn video and after that I masturbate and I ejaculate Sperm Easily. 2. When I don't watch porn video and then try to masturbate my penis don't get hard. 3. When I am doing sexual acts even penetration with my partner (girlfriend) My penis got hard but I do not ejaculate sperm for a very long time for an hour or two, means I didn't trigger orgasm, even after masturbating by hand, after doing the sexual acts. What to do? What is the solution? Please give me DETAILED solution. Note:- I am not taking any medicine for a longer time and not suffering from any Ailment.
There is any possibilities to escape from diabetes in early stages of it occur. What are precaution to live healthy from diabetes?
I am 25 years old. Facing breathing problem sometime or sometime continuous specially in very hot and cool weather. Sometime facing problem of chest pain and weakness of oxygen.
Arthritis is a disease in which the joints in your body swell. Inflammation or swelling can be caused due to body's natural response to injury or disease. It can cause discomfort in the form of pain, stiffness as well as difficulty in movement. Major types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout.
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is generally caused by a combination of factors. It can happen due to genetic factors in case the disease runs in the family. Sometimes it can be caused due to injuries of the past; it can also be a by-product of your lifestyle. Some of the common causes of arthritis are:
1. Genetic makeup in which arthritis can be a hereditary trait
2. Physically taxing work life or injuries caused in an accident
3. Imbalance in the immunity system
4. Infections in the joint.
Risk Factors associated with arthritis
1. Family history - You can be prone to develop arthritis if it runs in the family. It can occur due to its hereditary trait hence making you more vulnerable to the environmental factors which contribute to developing arthritis.
2. Age - The risk of arthritis can increase with age. Types like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout are more common in the old age.
3. Gender - Your sex is an important factor as women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are prone to suffer from gout.
4. Joint injury - Joint injury caused due to accidents or due to sports activities can trigger arthritis. People with previous joint injuries can develop arthritis in that joint.
5. Obesity - Excess weight can put a lot of pressure on the joints, on the knees and hips in particular. Hence, obese people have more chances of developing arthritis than fitter people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.