Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Sindhudurg and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Dear Sir/Mam, Sir, My father is 70 years old and two knee of him is not working properly. I inquiry various places but they have suggest replacement of knee. At real condition is, after 3 to 4 days my father have take painkiller injection from B.H.M.S. Doctors in village on buttocks or above elbow. He stands to the help of sticks.(approx. 1 years ago two buttocks small surgery due to fungal infection of that painkiller injections). So I helpful request to you can you do any successful treatment in poddar hospital? And how is cost? Please sir give immediately advice to me and help. From: Raghunath Patil. Boisar. Dist. Palghar. Mob. 8888589973.
I am suffering from back spine pain. When I lay down I try to put up my leg but I can not it pains when I sit I try to cath my toes but I can not when I take deep breath my back spine it pains and many things happens please tell me what should I do?
My son is 27 yrs old n had foot pain. No swelling no redness. Dr. asked to check uric acid its higher side n shows 6.2 is that pain due to arthritis?? Now he has pain in elbow bt that due to some sports. Report x ray r normal.
Sir, I am having a dull lower back pain on either sides of spine. Which is persistent since four days. Please say what could be the reason and what should I do?
Doctor within 3 to 4 days in my head and back bone the very much pain are raises. What is the solution of this.
Hello doctor. My husband had right hip replacement surgery on july 7 2010. He is able to walk but complains of severe pain. He also has osteo arthritis of right knee please advise. Thank you for your time doctor.
Sir, One side of my body is not developing. Like one hand and leg is developing but another not developing The condition is like polio. But this is present in my full body. Sir what is this. Any treatment of this disease present or not?
Hi, My friend has a high fever along with joint pain and headache and severe stomach pain from the last 1 and a half week, all the tests have been done including dengue malaria chickengunia typhoid jaundice and even the ultrasounds and x Ray's show nothing. Doctors are not able to diagnose the cause of such high fever. What could be the reason? It's really urgent.
Osteoarthritis: Complications and risk factors
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases.