Laser Hair Removal
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Agarwal's Clinic - Dental & Skin ExpertsYour feedback matters!
In Ayurveda, acne is known as YouvanaPidaka, where Youvana is youth and pidaka is skin eruption. Acne is related to both facial skin health and hormones and with Ayurvedic treatment; you can actually get rid of these.
Before you get treated for acne, you must know the causes of getting acne.
Causes of Acne:
According to Ayurveda, the following reasons may result in eruption of 'pidaka'.
- Too much intake of fried food that vitiates Pitta and Kapha.
- Using cosmetics that directly affect the facial skin.
- Waking until late night resulting in imbalance of bodily functions.
- Anxiety and stress that lead to imbalance in metabolism and release toxins.
- Changes that take place within the body during adolescence.
- Family history
All these may lead to over production of sebum that clogs the pores. Sometimes bacteria are also responsible for acne.
Hormonal imbalance is another cause that leads to acne on the face.
Treatment of Acne with Ayurveda:
There are certain things that can be followed at home so that you can keep your skin clean and clear.
- Wash your face thoroughly with Luke warm at least three to four times a day.
- Using herbs that are useful in detoxifying and blood purification. For instance, neem and turmeric have anti-bacterial effect that cleanses the area with acne and helps them heal quickly.
- Applying sandal wood or turmeric pastes that are complexion enhancer.
- Mind smoothening medicines and coolants.
- If there is hormonal imbalance, then get a therapy for balancing hormone.
There are different herbs that are useful for treating acne. They are
- Turmeric or haridra: it helps in reducing the oily nature of the skin and adds luster to the skin.
- Neem or Nimba that is well known for its blood purification properties.
- Berberis Aristata or daruharidra that helps in reducing the acne scars and helps to get a glow on the face.
- Hemidesmusindicus or sariva that is a good blood purifier.
- Sandal wood or chandan for treating the acne with a soothing effect.
- Red sandal wood or raktachandana that purifies the blood and improves the blood circulation.
- Nutmeg or jathiphala for reducing the scar marks of acne.
- Indian Gooseberry or amlaki that nourishes both skin and the blood.
- Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Ashoka that are well known for treating hormonal imbalance.
By adding these in your diet and stopping fried foods, you can see changes in the acne marks. However, still if you find that they are there, rush to an expert for better advice.
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am nidhi from delhi .age 49 years old. I am suffering from. White spot on leg and hand. Since four. It cures n again shows on my body. What should I do.
My back is full of acne. It's been a year they are not going. What should I do? When I scratch them they fall off. There are some puss type acne too.
I have ringworm issue. I am treating it with derma 5. It's working and the ringworm are going also. But the issue is it's coming back again with in few days. Kindly suggest a good treatment. Like cream, tablet to take and soap to clean .so I can target it with all directions.
I am suffering from pimples and acne for 2 yrs. I have used many medicine but these have no effect. I am getting irritated. Please help me and consult an effective treatment for it. Please get me answered from a dermatologist. thanks.
Does applying beard oily on face increase facial hair growth and beard improvement? Is it useful, or harmful after 50 years? Does it spoil your skin?
I have black spots and pimples on my face. I used many creams but no result. What should I do to get rid of blackspot and pimples?
Hlo Doctor, I have very less facial hair. I got my testosterone level checked and it is 467 ng/dl. I hv seen endrocologist he suggest me to take depo testosterone injection 250 mg in 15 days gap for 3 months. I took 2 injections in 15 days gap. After second injection I have seen side effects like frequent urination and pain in bladder. So discontinue depo testosterone injection. And took medicine for urine problem which is fine now. My question is in how much time my natural testerone will restore in my body which may be shut off after injection since feel tired/sleepy at night. Also please suggest alternate for increase in testerone and facial hair.
Hi, I am struggling of my black colour skin. Is there any permanent treatment to lighten my skin. Yes means how long it will be taken, and how much of its cost.
Hi, I've been suffering with dark under eye circles since very very long. But the problem is o take enough sleep 8 hours, I drink a lot of water. Everyday also good amount of greentctea too. And the important of all I use eye cream daily. Still no result. And and I do take iron tablets once in a week. Please help me with this!
Sir I'm suffering from heavy hair falls, because I'm bathing with salt water that is reason or else?
Gum diseases are very common and occur in most of us at some time in life. Also known as periodontal disease, gum diseases happen to be a widespread condition in which your gums get swollen and feel irritable.
Gum disease is nothing very serious and there are several simple home remedies for a gum disease.
Here are the best home remedies which you can use to cure gum disease:
- Oil pulling: This method cures swollen and red gums and is also used in cases of reversing a gum disease, which causes bone loss. The procedure involves the pulling out of toxins out of the mouth and gums. Plaque build-up is also removed by this process. You can use organic oils such as sesame, olive oil or coconut oil. Oil pulling is an efficient remedy for gum disease.
- Sage leaf decoction: This process is an old folk remedy for curing gingivitis and gum diseases. You should boil 50 organic sage leaves in distilled water and gargle with the decoction more than two times a day. Use it as a mouthwash as well. You can also consume sage tea as another option. Sage contains antioxidants, which are anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Garlic and Turmeric paste: Using garlic cloves to treat irritated gums is effective. You can prepare a paste with garlic and turmeric and use it in the form of toothpaste. Garlic and turmeric contain antibacterial properties and are anti-inflammatory.
- Neem: Neem is a plant which can be used to treat gum diseases effectively. Neem can be used as a mouthwash or you can opt for neem toothpastes. Neem contains antifungal and antibacterial properties and is one of the best treatment options for gum disease.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil is an old practice for curing gum disease and poor dental health. It helps in destroying bacteria present in the mouth and heals gum disease very fast. It also contains pain relieving properties and is antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel is purely natural and accounts for great anti-inflammatory functions. Aloe Vera gel is used in cases of inflamed, red gums.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are full of valuable nutrients, which help in keeping the teeth clean. Leafy vegetables should be consumed regularly. Consumption of plenty of fruits and vegetables also protects your teeth from the plaque buildup, and hence, gum diseases can be prevented.
Gum disease is a common dental condition. It is nothing to worry about and can be cured using several home remedies. In case of severe gum disease, you should visit the dentist.