Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Shimla and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh VermaYour feedback matters!
My teeth are in very bad condition, i can not talk in public, my mouth smells a lot, my teeth are full of cavity and i cleans them twice a day but this is happening from 4 years,i m taking care of this but its not solving.
Hi sir this is raju and I have big problem. My teeth was very pain after every 2-3 days. So I press request answer my question and help & I do not kow what I problem please help.
I am 57 and suffering from dental disease peoria, mouth smell badly some times bleeding started from gums and I am very much afraid of dentist. Please advise me for treatment which I can took at home.
I extracted 4 teeth before 9 months. Can I take permanent replacement of teeth? and is it will be better?
Dear doctor, Often I suffering mouth ulcer. (ie. Twice in a month at least about 3-4 days) should I change any food practices? Please suggest me.
Hey Please suggest Me Best Colgate! Thats why ? cavities on my teeth So please suggest me best colgate!
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.
I am suffering from a fear of getting HIV infected from smooching. I smooched many girls but couldnt remember whether any of them have bleeding gums. Recently a month ago I had a hiv test. The cut off index was 0.13.again after 20 days tested the result came 0.12.My question is that two month ago I smooched a girl. I dnt know whether the girl is infected. Can you please say whats the chance of getting hiv infected in my case. Since I smooched dat girl 2 months ago. And tested after a month. The result was 0.12. Is this a psychological or logical problem?
Dear sir/ mam I am suffering from my teeth. I feel sensitivity when we take water. Also there is a whole in between the teeth. Please suggest me. Thanks with regards.
Recently I cleaned my teeth in dental hospital but eventhough my teeth is not so as white. How to remove yellow sadness in teeth? Using tooth polish will help or not?
I am 19 year old male. I have mouth bleed with sputum problem in only summer time what I do please suggest me.
I am 21 years male. I have bleeding problem from gums (6 months. What is the problem and how to overcome it?
I have a problem of Dental. I feel sensitive while chewing hard food and also the upper jaw corner teeth get gaping, Can I recover from the gumming problem? 2. I have lost my left hand head teeth due to prolong decaying, Can I replace a new tooth?
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"