Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Secunderabad, Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujeet ChilkarYour feedback matters!
My 1 year old son goes to day care. I am working and I have heard that day care/creche gives sleeping pills to babies. Please tell me how can I assure that my baby is not getting these pills. I will be back home by 6 in evening. He will be active for sometime and then have milk and sleep. Please help me to know that I am not risking my son's health.
Can we mix bifilac n econorm powder with food n feed kids? My son 3.5 years is not taking with water or milk.
My daughter is 9 months old. At 9 months old she supposed to get MMR1 and Japanese Encephalitis vaccines. But in Health Centre only measles and JE are given. My daughter's doctor recommended only MMR1 vaccine. But I want to give MMR1 and JE both the vaccines. I want to know is it mandatory to give MMR1 and JE vaccines on same day or it can be give on separate days.
My son is 9 months old with 7.25 kg weight due to swollen gums due to teething he is not taking proper diet and always feels uneasy how to help him in his pain.
My 4 years old girl child took my 1 contraceptive pill. Crescent. Please advice will it do any harm 2 her.
My four years old daughter has nose and chest congestion (with thick phlegm and wheezing sound) every now and then for last few months which is not letting her sleep properly in the night. I have been nebulising her from time to time. I've also been treating her with antibiotics but unable to get her rid of the infection permanently. Too worried about her as it is adversely affecting her overall growth. Kindly suggest effective remedy. Shall be grateful. Regards.
My daughter is 3year 10 months old. In her left eye there is a clout from 2 months. Doctor said it puss. How it can be treated?
Hi my daughter is 3 year old she is shivering has cough and fever I served her mefkind, tercoff and closure for 2 days right now she is shivering pls prescribe me medicines for her.
My son has turned one year old. He hits his head while sleeping during nights. Whats the reason of hitting the head. Also still He wakes up every two hour for milk at night.
Constipation causes a lot of discomfort to children. A lot of factors are responsible for constipation among children.
Some of them are:
- Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
- Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
- Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
Treatment for constipation in children:
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar. The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
- Dietary Adjustment - Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided.
- Stool softeners and laxatives - The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!