Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ragupati ReddyYour feedback matters!
Randomly I check my sugar level it is 442 then I check on pathology it is on fasting 332 and after 412 now what can I do my age is just 24 now I'm a software engineer.
Within 24 hours the pregnancy symptoms are seen in body? We had sex and the very next day I am vomiting within 20 hours. This would be pregnancy symptoms? Should I worry? And I taken i-pill within 48 hours. Please help me ASAP.
I am admit in bihar muzaffarpur hospital. Doctor say I having hepatitis B. Please give me a treatment information on this disease.
Ovulation study day 16 Endometrium size : 9.0 mm Left ovary: 16*1 Right ovary : msf It is possible to get pregnant with this dimensions.
Sir, I am sweating very much in the feet, what is the reason. Please tell me the better solution for this.
I have a bad habit which is dangerous for me. I Masterbate every day almost twice a day. What should I do?
If you are experiencing joint stiffness in your hip along with pain and tenderness, you could be suffering from hip arthritis or osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis accounts for being the most common form of arthritis. It is referred to as degenerative joint disease and old-age arthritis and usually, occurs because of age-related issues. The condition occurs when injury and inflammation of a joint lead to the breakdown of the cartilage tissue, causing pain, swelling, and deformity.
How hip arthritis affects the hip joint?
People who are affected by osteoarthritis of the hip may have difficulty in walking properly. Diagnosis in the early stage is difficult as pain may occur in various locations such as the thigh, groin, knee or buttocks.
The underlying causes
The factors responsible for osteoarthritis include increasing age, joint injury and excess body weight. Some other factors may also be responsible. They are as follows:
- When the joints have formed improperly.
- In case of inherited defects in the cartilage.
- When a person puts excess stress on the hip joint because of being overweight or due to certain activities and motions.
How it can be detected?
The different symptoms of hip arthritis or osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joint stiffness, especially after waking up in the morning.
- Joint stiffness after sitting for a long period.
- Swelling, pain, and tenderness in the hip joint.
- A crunching feeling or sound of bones rubbing against one another.
- The inability to move the hip for carrying out daily activities.
The aim of osteoarthritis treatment is to improve the patient’s ability to move about so that his regular life is less affected. The function of the hip and pain management are other targets of treatment for this condition. The different treatment plans are as follows:
- Proper joint care and rest
- Using a cane while walking for taking weight off your hip
- Losing excessive weight
- Non-drug pain relief measures for controlling pain
- Regular exercise
- Several medicines, including NSAIDS and other prescribed pain medication
- Alternative therapies
Hip replacement surgery
This is a surgical procedure used for osteoarthritis treatment when all other treatment plans fail. The damaged ball of the hip joint is replaced with a metal ball in this surgical procedure. The hip socket is resurfaced by using a plastic liner and metal shell. Apart from the mentioned treatment procedures, hip resurfacing is another surgical option for osteoarthritis treatment, which helps in giving relief when a hip replacement surgery is delayed. In this procedure, the affected hip joint surfaces are surgically removed and are replaced with metal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I am having sciatica nerve pain. The pain is bearable. I had an xray which was fine and I am fed up of having muscle relaxers and pain killers prescribed by doctors. Please tell me also that it can be cured or it is long lasting?
I am 36 years male and have diabetics from two years, I am suffering from tingling in left finger and some times sharp pains in whole body from head to toe, some times I get pain left side of body and fell like no strength I do regular walk and diet keep fit. Recent fasting was 102 and ppbs is 190, I am taking glycomet GP 1 and gemer 2 daily, I am feed up with this pains please do suggest go treatment.
Hello, I want to know, my partner's pre ejaculation is discharge so early, is there any problem for him.
Sir plzz help my friend he is very worry about his bend penis wat to do ? Bend downward. While intercourse his penis does not feel to go smoothly his penis bend during intercourse if he forces then he feel a bit pain in his penis wats the reason for this ?
My penis is small in all dimensions i.e not long as well as not large in girth in size. How to make enlarge in length with girth. Please kindly medication as well as enlarge machine.
Hi doctor I am newly married day after tomorrow I going to sex with my new partner, but I have a major problem, my sperm coming out with in 2 minutes how to I handle this please help me out.
Sciatica refers to the pain one experiences due to the irritation or compression of nerve roots contributing to formation of Sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve is the longest and widest nerve in the body, running from the lower back, down to the back of each leg. The pain can occur in the lower back and spread to the hips, buttocks and leg. Sciatica generally affects one side of the body. There are numerous causes of irritation of the sciatic nerve and sciatica.
Some of them are:
- Spinal Stenosis: The narrowing of the spinal canal caused by natural wear and tear of the vertebrae (individual bones in the spine protecting underlying nerves) of the spine is known as spinal stenosis. The narrowing may put pressure on the roots of the sciatic nerve, causing pain.
- Herniated Disc: A disc is made up of cartilage and acts as a cushion between vertebrae, allowing flexibility of the spine. A herniated or slipped disc occurs when a disc is temporarily pushed out of place, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis: It is a condition where one of the lower vertebrae slips forward over another. This also causes a collapse of the disc space between both, causing the nerve to get pinched. This may cause sciatica.
- Piriformis Syndrome: Piriformis is a muscle found deep inside the buttocks, which connects the lower spine to the upper thighbone, running directly over the sciatic nerve. Spasming of this muscle can pressurize the sciatic nerve, triggering symptoms of sciatica.
- Sacroilitis: Sacroillac joints are the place where the lower spine meets the pelvis and inflammation of one or both of these joints causes sacroilitis. This can give rise to symptoms of sciatica as it causes pain in the lower back, buttocks and legs.
- Spinal tumors: Very rarely, tumors growing inside or along the spine may put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Infection or injury: Muscle inflammation, infections, fractures or any other spinal injury may lead to irritation or compression of the sciatic nerve.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women may suffer from sciatica due to weight gain, expansion of the uterus or increased fluid retention or other changes occurring in the body, which put pressure on the sciatic nerve.
- Other causes: Osteoarthritis and fractures caused by osteoporosis may also affect the sciatic nerve, producing symptoms of sciatica. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.