Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
I have pain in my legs since it happened to me while playing football so sometimes while I am walking I feel like disturbed in my legs mainly in ankles.
I am 25 years old lady I have back pain & weakness prob. So What should I do and my Weight not gain is only 35 so how I gain my weight? Please give me solution.
I had calcaneus fracture 2 months ago and 20 days ago my cast was put off. I am not able to walk properly and Swelling along with bruising is present. Please tell me what to do and how much time will it take for Complete recovery.
I am 12th student. I have back pain from last 3-4 month. Some doctors told me its T.B. But some says its not t.b. Whch test shld I take? My TST is 16 mm.
I have played football and cricket in january and from that time my hamstring muscle of both thighs are in pain and was not able to walk at that time for 5 days. I hve tried many pain killers but unsuccessful. Slowley it is almost over but now when I walk more it again pains and lasts for at least 4-5 days. Please help.
Im recently married person. From the last nyt I suffering for backpain. please tell me doctor how I recover ?
Suffering from joint pains and muscle pains. Approached rhumetologist and advised with drug hqtor as esr is more in blood test report. Using ultracet also when facing with more pains. Kindly advise for any other precaution and medication.
Neither pain nor trouble but feel something heavy is on my back (middle point). What should I do? Thanks.
I have pain near last vertebrae at left side since 10 years . I got relief from piroxicam 20 mg tab in past but now not working . Pain increases when I sit or sleep or left side leg from hip region is affected with pain.Please tell.
How long does the pain due to osteoporosis compression of the spine heal. It is more than one month the pain is still there.
Sciatica is a very common neuropathic pain that is caused by damage to the sciatic nerve, a large nerve that runs from the lower back region down the end of each leg. It is the largest single nerve in the body.
This condition affects around 4 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The nature of the pain varies from a mild ache to a sharp stinging sensation and may cause feelings of numbness and extreme weakness.
Causes of Sciatica
The causes for the onset of Sciatica are numerous. Some of them are as follows:
- Slipped lumbar disc
- Muscle inflammation
- Internal bleeding
- Awkward sleeping position
- Uncomfortable footwear
- Spinal injury
How can physical therapy help?
There are many ways of treating Sciatica, such as medication, acupuncture and surgery, which can provide relief. The most common and easy treatment method however is physical therapy. A progressive and controlled exercise routine that is specifically tailored to the nature of the condition in consultation with a physical therapist acts as an effective remedy in treating the problem. It alleviates pain and also eliminates the chances of relapse.
Physical therapy exercises used to treat Sciatica are of many types. They are a combination of core strengthening, muscular stretching and aerobic conditioning routines, which aim at correcting the root of the problem.
The different types of exercises employed to treat Sciatica include the following:
- Strengthening exercises: These aim at strengthening the spinal column and the pelvic region, which includes the hips and buttocks. They help in making the muscles and ligaments in this region more robust and allow for improved flexibility and support.Lunges and squats are some of the examples.
- Stretching exercises: These provide pain relief through improved agility and flexibility. The most important aspect of these routines is stretching and exercising the hamstring. Hamstring, stretches, calf stretches and tricep stretches are a part of stretching exercises.
- Aerobic conditioning: These are cardiovascular exercises of low intensity, which provide pain relief through the release of endorphins and the facilitation of fluid and nutrient exchange. Examples of these are swimming and brisk walking.
I am a 24 year old male, and i'm having a constant knee pain in both the knees over the last 3-4 years. It's aggravated with pressure such as while driving and also with extended sitting. I've had x-rays with the orthopaedic stating that there's nothing wrong and the pain-killers would take care of it, which they haven't. Would appreciate any assistance.
Pain in the joint is an eventuality that only few can escape. It is an ailment that comes with age and promises to stay despite continued attempts at eradicating it. Being a problem that many are battling, it has provoked attempts at treating it. Various disciplines of medicines have tried in their own ways in dealing with this problem, but Ayurveda with its strict reliance on natural products and aversion to chemicals has been most preferred.
The various ways by which Ayurveda treats joint pains are:
- Massage: Ayurveda focuses on massages as a remedial measure. Using few herbal oils and using them to massage regularly on the affected joints has been an accepted remedy for joint pains. A massage promotes blood circulation and creates a calming effect.
- Hot and cold compresses: The effectiveness of this form of treatment has remained prevalent through generations. Extremely convenient and easy to use, you can use hot and cold compresses alternatively to ease the pain.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds have a long standing reputation of relieving you of pain. Boasting of antioxidant properties and the ability to reduce swelling, they must be finely grounded and swallowed with lukewarm water to enjoy best results.
- Turmeric: In the hierarchy of Ayurvedic medications, turmeric probably ranks the highest. It is packed with multiple benefits. Not only does it take care of the skin, it also helps in reducing joint pains. The most common way of having it is by mixing turmeric in a glass of warm milk and honey.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar reduces joint pains by effectively eliminating the accumulated toxins. It is rich in magnesium and phosphorus and owing to its alkalizing effect, it has the ability to cure rheumatism.