Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I am 47 year old women I suffer from joint and muscle pain from last year .my uric acid is 6.1 and sugar and bp are normal. My weight is 75 kg. I take many type medicine but not effect me. Please guide me which treatment help me. Can I visit your hospital.
Im having problem of back pain since 10 years even though I am concentrating on my exercise prescribed by my physiotherapist doctor but still my pain is not cleared yet give me some solution?
An arthroscopic ACL surgery has already been done in my left knee. So may I know after how many days physio therapy can be started for early recovery. Can I be able 2 walk within 1 and half month without support. What kind of physio therapy is good for good recovery and how many hours per day will good.
One of the most common complaints of men and women is that of a back ache with lower back aches being the most common. Apart from an improper posture, this may be caused by old age, lifting heavy weights or an injury to the back. A consistent back ache can affect your daily life and make performing regular tasks uncomfortable. Luckily, it can be managed quite well with simple ayurvedic remedies.
According to Ayurveda, backaches are triggered by an excess of Vata dosha. Thus, the Ayurvedic remedies for a back ache aim at reducing the Vata dosha. Ayurvedic remedies are natural and have negligible side effects.
For this reason, they can be prescribed to both children and adults. Some such remedies are:
- Cut down on spices: One of the main characteristics of the Vata dosha is dryness. This can be caused by pungent spices such as wasabi and green or red chillies. The internal dryness caused by these spices can lead to constipation which in turn can be one of the causes of low back aches. Hence, if you suffer from a chronic backache that may or may not be accompanied by constipation, cut back on the spices and try eating food that is slightly blander.
- Eat food before it gets cold: Eating cold food or cold drinks can also increase the Vata dosha levels in our body. Coldness creates congestion and constricts the internal organs while warm food allows the digestive and stool carrying channels to stay open. This allows for the easy expulsion of waste and reduces toxins in the body. Hence, opt for warm drinks like tea or coffee instead of soft drinks and juices and try to eat your food while it is hot.
- Padahastasana or the standing forward fold pose: This yoga asana is very effective when it comes to treating back pain as it allows the Vata dosha to flow easily through the body. In doing this it opens up the digestive channels that may have been causing constipation and back pain. It also relieves problems associated with sciatica. To practise this asana begin by standing upright with your feet beside each other. While inhaling, lift your arms over your head till they touch your ears. Bend forward from your hips while exhaling and try to keep the back and your legs straight. Touch the floor or wrap your hands around your calves. Bring your head as close to the knees as possible and hold for 5 – 10 seconds. Inhale and the slowly roll your body upright again. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Dear Sir, Now I have a new problem of pain in my lower back. Three days ago, I tried to lift a bottle of mineral water almost weight 20 litres. While lifting the same, I felt that some cramp in my lower back happened and since that very period I' finding difficulty in walking, sitting and leaning. Please suggest me what to do. If possible, suggest me some name of some doctors in South Delhi
Crackling voice in knees and pain. Applying trioflam drr oil on knees but no relief. Kindly suggest what to day. Xray of knees normal.Please tell.
I am 27 year old male. I am suffering from muscle weakness, low energy, low muscle mass. I am under psychiatric treatment from past 5 yrs. I had taken amitriptyline for around 3yrs. Now I have stopped this medication, it's been 1 year. I am suffering from physical problems like muscle pain while exercising, feeling breathlessness while exercising, feeling numbness in the hand.
Pain in back when sitting in the chair and when lie in the bed and sleeping time this pain is long time.
Sometime back pain occur. I can't sit for long time. At same time I can't stand for long time. What is the problem. my height is 5.4 feet. Is height causes problem for back pain ?
How to get rid of the pain in knee due to arthritis or due to anything other effect the person is facing in knee?
I have right hand pain I cannot judge my self weather is it cervical spondylitis or migraine. If it is cervical spondylitis means can I use the tablet called NAPROXEN 250 mg morning and night please doctor help me. If use this tab means l have relief from this pain. M R I is done in that report Mild antenorthical has identification c3-c4, c4-c5, c5-c6. Thank you.
My body muscles are very poor and bones pain when I carry any work load. Can you please help me. I want to increase my hand's body muscles. I will be very thankful to you. Krishan 9911663629.
Hi I have pain in my left knee towards to MCL (On googling I could find it is related to MCL). Can you please suggest me what all I should not do so as to not increase the pain and also what should I do heal quickly?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition marked by constant flu-like symptoms such as fatigue, headaches, insomnia and joint pains. However, the disease has no visible symptoms. There are also no known causes for the disease. While some believe stress to be a trigger for fibromyalgia, other theories suggest that physical and emotional factors such as a prior illness lead to the onset of this disease. This leads to fibromyalgia patients being often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. Almost 80% of fibromyalgia patients are women. While the disease is not lethal, it can make daily life difficult.
The criteria for fibromyalgia were established only in the late 1900s. In addition, the symptoms of this disease present themselves differently in each patient. This makes diagnosis very difficult.
- Constant pain all over the body is the most common symptom of fibromyalgia.
- You may also feel constantly tired, and unable to get a restful sleep.
- Some fibromyalgia patients also suffer from depression or anxiety and an irritable bowel syndrome.
- Fibromyalgia patients may also feel hyper sensitive to cold or heat, and feel numbness in fingers and toes.
Fibromyalgia has no known cure, and like arthritis, treatment for this disease addresses its symptoms. Most treatment programs include a combination of drugs, physical therapy, and behavioral techniques.
Pain relievers or anti-inflammatory medication and antidepressants are the two types of drugs administered to fibromyalgia patients. However, these should not be counted on as a long-term solution, as the side effects of these medicines can cause additional problems. Therapeutic massages and chiropractic manipulations can also help ease the pain. Along with this, it is also important to rest and relax. This helps reduce stress which often triggers fibromyalgia symptoms.
To get a better night's sleep, try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day. A warm glass of milk or chamomile tea just before bedtime can also help induce sleep. As far as possible, avoid taking sleeping tablets, as the body can soon become dependent on these.
Though you may constantly feel tired, increasing the day to day activity levels can have a positive effect on your health. Consider adding low-intensity activities such as walking, cycling, yoga or dancing to your daily routine. Complement these with a well-balanced, nutritious diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables. If you or a loved one has fibromyalgia, bad days may not be prevented. But with treatment, they can be controlled.