Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DharavathYour feedback matters!
Doctor, I'm a 24 year old girl. I have a slight loss of memory when it come to work that I keep forgetting about certain works I did the day before or the payments I made and received. This is creating a little problem at work. And I do keep over thinking about my future as I want a career and I have been getting proposals for marriage, when i'm not at all ready for it. I wish to work and make some money. I keep avoiding all the family get together and meetings with relatives as they keep asking me about my exams (I'm a CA student. I wanted to be a designer in the first place, but was ok with mothers choice. Even I agreed to it. But I regret it very badly now. I asked several times to switch my career choice and all I kept getting as reply was "try. Try" I am literally tired now. I could not pass the levels in CA and now I stand with a UG degree and 3 years experience. Best part is articleship is not counted as experience when you apply for jobs. I still tried and my applications are getting rejected. I sleep a lot. I keep thinking a lot. And Im worried about my future. Above these worries to have a proper career, my parents want me to get married. I do not want to marry without my own job, and live the rest of my life with someones money. I want my own income. Doctor, I do not know if these are nonsense or if i'm being immature, but I do face a lot of mental stress and my friends say that I have changed and become more silent, when I used to be a very lively person. I want support from my parents side. All I want is that. If I should be able to do something, then I need only them to be strong and have faith in me and god. I tried convincing them, but every next time they come up with another proposal that too of 31 and 32 years old,(they think age defines maturity, but I do not believe when they them self is an example. as I have not mentioned anything about my choices. Please guide me if i'm wrong with my views regarding life and career. Thank you Doctor.
I can't concentrate on my studies And my learning ability is slow Music always comes in my mind when I try to focus on studies even in class I can't focus on what my professors are teaching please help me to increase my concentration level and my learning ability Thank you.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.
I have the disease of social anxiety. So I am taking anti anxietic medicine after consulting a psychologist. My question is how long should I continue these medicine. I am now better than before. Is there any dangerous side affect of these medicine?
I have a disease like what I am thinking is pretending to me to be real. Like . If I think that I can't do or solve anything though I can do or solve it, it's gonna go real & I really get depressed and can't really do anything. This problem simply is messing with my studies & other abilities. What should I do to stop this problem permanently ?
I lost somebody close last year and since then I feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Sir / mam I am having a problem of repeating same activities like some small movement some words or some lines of songs repeatldy as negative thoughts . Having a fear for future . Taking stress repeatedly. please tell how to cure .
I am 22 years old. I not concentrating on my reading and writing. Would you like to tell me how could I do that?
I am suffering from anxiety disorder. Sometime stomach upset, heart pain, breathing problem, suicide thinking. Please help me.
I am 22 year old girl and I am having stress problem. Sometimes I can't breathe and heart beat gets faster, when i am in stress. So tell me what to do when i am having such panic attacks and how to reduce stress ?
I feel so depressed I cnt focus on anything wht should I do some time I feel like suicide is d bst way to shortcut my problems.
No, there is no connection between vaccines and autism.
Autism is a condition that affects the brain and makes communicating and interacting with other people more difficult. The cause (s) of autism — also known as autism spectrum disorder (asd) or pervasive developmental disorder (pdd) — is unknown. However, genetics, differences in brain anatomy, and toxic substances in the environment are thought to contribute to children developing the condition.
So how did the idea that vaccines play a role get started? Much of the blame lies with a study published in 1998 that suggested that the mmr (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine, or infection with the naturally occurring measles virus itself, might cause autism. Since then, numerous scientific studies have shown that there is no link between vaccines — or any of their ingredients — and autism. And the research used in that study was found to be false, the doctor who wrote it lost his medical license, and the medical journal that published it retracted the paper (this means that they believe it never should have been published).
Even with the overwhelming evidence that vaccines are safe and effective, some parents still decide not to have their children vaccinated or to delay vaccinations. But this is extremely risky because vaccine-preventable diseases like measles are still very much around. So if an unvaccinated child gets one of these preventable diseases, other people around that child could get very sick.
Sometimes, kids can have a reaction to a vaccine like a mild fever or rash. But it's clear that the risk of serious reactions to the mmr and other recommended vaccines is small compared with the health risks associated with the often-serious diseases they prevent.
If you have concerns about any vaccine recommended for your child, talk to your doctor. Ask about the benefits and risks of each vaccine and why they're so important for safeguarding your child's health.
I am a very hard drunken man. Haw to forget doing drink. And smoking also. please suggest any simple path.
I'm 25 years old and I'm working. My problem is that I'm feeling very difficult to understand simple things and few times I asked to repeat the things again n again but I was not like this when I'm studying. Pls help me to solve this problem. Suggest gud medicine. I don't have any issues with sleeping.
I am 65, male suffering from too much of anxiety. The other day when I went to board a train to go to Guruvayur, someone stopped me and started enquiring about my journey, claiming to be policemen. They let me off, when my wife, who was coming far back, came and questioned as to what is going on. The duo said that there were bad elements, out to deceive passengers of their belongings and so they called me to warn me to be careful. After this I am afraid to going to the station to board any train. This kind of fear occurs often and I keep imagining about some bad situation, blow it out of proportion and make not only myself miserable but others around me. Several times I have been confronted by people in railway station, bus stand, etc. Like this and duped of money and valuable and this has left a deep impression leading to awful anxiety. How to overcome this?
I am 19 years old and some daily upto 6 or 8 cigarette. I know its harmful but I can not stop it. What can I do.
How to increase memory power for concentration as I am not able to concentrate and grab the reading stuff as of older days.
You might be feeling that spending time on any social media network is a simple way to pass time and is a common habit. But a recent study by University of Chicago Booth School of Business says that social networking sites can be more addictive, than alcohol. The desire to consume alcohol can be controlled and turned down, but the desire to check Facebook is simply uncontrollable for most people, and it’s a serious addiction.
About the study
The ground breaking study was done on 250 people in and around Germany aged between 18 and 85 years of age. They were sent messages at specific intervals to report their desires and cravings. It is found that most people had the desire to sleep and have sex during the day that they were able to control. But the desire for checking Facebook was much higher.
Reasons for Facebook addiction
- One of the major reasons is that availability of Facebook is much easier and higher than alcohol availability.
- Also, it is thought that the cost of checking Facebook is much less than consuming some amount of alcohol on a regular basis.
- Even if a man wants to resist his desire, but due to easy availability and lesser cost, he is prone to use it again and again.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited in public and during office hours in many countries. But checking Facebook updates have no restrictions. People can check it whenever they feel the desire.
- The most shocking part is the urges drove the people to such an extent, that they couldn’t even resist themselves even if they wanted to do so.
Effects of Facebook addiction
- Drainage of time: No matter how good we feel while checking Facebook updates, can you deny that it’s simply a waste of time?
- Self esteem reduced: When you see your peers enjoying their life with flying colors, no wonder you will feel depressed. But we are reluctant to believe this fact, that nobody shows his tragic part of life on Facebook. So, whom you think is the happiest person in the world, may be the saddest and is drowned in his own miseries.
Remedy of this so called addiction
The study says that when we are much worn out, we are unable to control our desire and our will power is depleted.
So, if you find yourself posting your status on Facebook at the midnight instead of sleeping, then it is high time you should try to come out of this addiction and give yourself a better life and health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.