Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dharavath
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DharavathYour feedback matters!
There is a circle of control within which you are comfortable. For example if you are afraid of speaking in public, you may shy away from such an activity or you may on the other hand, choose to focus on what is under your control by working hard on practicing that speech with friends, family and supportive people in order to overcome your fear.
When issues outside the circle of our control begin to take prominence they are likely to cause hurt and disturbance. There are many ways to feel strong so that you are not always caught off-guard or unprepared for situations.
Not all stress is bad
We sometimes hear people say ‘I work better under pressure’ or ‘I thrive on competition’. There are others who endlessly crib about work pressure, increasing population, mounting prices, water shortage, etc. What we need is a balance. We need to feel stretched, but not so far that we might snap. Feeling bad or worrying about something does not fix the problem but adds to your feeling of helplessness. Being stressed is by itself, usually a cause for further stress.
The attitude of the person and the way they approach the situation makes all the difference. One person’s challenge may well be another’s way of life
Some stress is normal and even useful
A certain amount of stress is essential for normal health. Some stress is definitely required to stimulate us to do day-to-day tasks. Some levels of stress are beneficial for higher productivity and efficiency. A student may be nervous about studying for a competitive exam, but this does not automatically mean that it will cause him/her to perform poorly. The child may just become more conscientious with revision
3 din Pehle mere bf ke saath meri break up huya hai. Wo khush hai mujhe chordke, par main dhire dhire depression me chali ja rahi hun, maine nahana or khana pina chor diya. Main ab kya karun please help. Kya mujhe koi doctor se consult karna chahiye?
I don't know how to describe my problem. My problem is neatness. Every minute and every second it will be in mind. I keep wash my hands when ever I touch anything. And I have two kids I don't allow them to play outside because they will get dirty. And if I see them dirty I will get very anger I will loose my control. What is my problem and what to do. Please suggest me.
If you thought that fame and money are enough to keep a human being happy and healthy, then you could not be more mistaken. Mental and physical ailments can affect anyone at any time. Celebrities in particular are even more prone to mental disorders with their stressful lives that are centred around topping their past success with even more success, and filling their bank accounts with even more money.
So let us cast a glance on the Bollywood or Indian movie industry stars who have suffered from mental disorders:
- Shah Rukh Khan: After his shoulder surgery, Shah Rukh Khan went through a bout of severe and debilitating depression. This surgery had to take place due to an injury sustained on set during the year 2008. Depression and anxiety are known to affect people who have been going through chronic physical ailments and are forced to give up an overactive lifestyle. When this jet setting superstar was confined to bed, he fell into a state of despair and hopelessness. With the help of therapy and positive thinking, he was able to get back on his feet again and portray his charismatic persona on screen.
- Deepika Padukone: The dimpled actress recently came out in the open about her recent brush with depression and anxiety when she was busy promoting her blockbuster movies. She ended up going for therapy and taking control of the problem before it took control of her life. Once she had recovered from the overwhelming phase with proper therapy, she began to support mental health care causes so that more people would become aware and learn to take the necessary steps once they recognised the symptoms.
- Parveen Babi: She was one of the most beautiful actresses of her time who was also featured on the Time Magazine cover - a huge feat for an Indian celebrity at that point! Shortly after being diagnosed with depression and paranoid schizophrenia, she moved to USA. Overwhelmed with chronic depression and debilitating schizophrenia, she ended her life with suicide at her apartment in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Dutt: He may have played and aced the role of Doctor Munna Bhai on screen, but this actor suffered from insomnia and depression during his prison stay. The untimely demise of his mother and legal hassles followed by marital problems led to this state until he took the initiative to recover and get back to a normal way of living.
- Manisha Koirala: This well known actress suffered from acute clinical depression during her short marriage. With therapy and divorce behind her, she has started scripting her new life again.
These celebrities show us that we must take charge and bounce back no matter how profound the problem.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have been smoking from a year If I checked up my lungs or body .they may find that I have an habit of smoking?
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.