Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. D PadmanabhamYour feedback matters!
There is coming a kind of hissing or buzzing sound in my left ear. Why is this happening? And what should I do?
I am suffering from tonsils from last 6 years and also I have a fatty liver and liver problem so what should I do and what should I take for that?
Off late, I have been prone to viral fever and viral infection (sore throat, nasal congestion) as the climate changes. This is affecting my daily chores too. How can I improve my immune system and stay away from the year long viral phenomenon.
I always have problem of cough in my head due to this l found swelling in my tonsil. Tell me the home remedies so I can get rid of it. Or any homeopathic medicine to get rid off fully.
I have wet, blocked (one side of nasal) nose every time like with sneezing some times eyes also become affected or become Red. Doctor allergy allergy Is there any solution of that?
Sir, good evening from last five days I am sick, kuch karne ka man nahi kar raha hay, khansi bhi ho raha hay thoda thoda sa, and headache bhi hay, n mouth may chaley pad gaya hai tongue ke niche, aaj subh say throat may pain ho raha hay, kuch khawu piyu to lagta hai n pain hota hai, and also may smoking bhi kar raha hu from last 6 month, can you tell me what should I do?
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with a doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery