Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D B Gandhi BabuYour feedback matters!
Dr. A. P. Rao, Amd, Nfc
Dr. DB Gandhi Babu & Mrs. Dr. Amrita Gandhi, Spectrum Dental Hospital are really unique in the treatment and dental care taking. I am Dr. Prabhakar Rao, AMD (Dept. of Atomic Energy ), was treated for more than a couple of times for Root canal & tooth Bridge etc and am totally satisfied with not only the treatment and the behavior of the doctors and the staff. I recommend the clinic by all means and wish them a bright future in the coming years.
There has been white ulcer type thing inside the corner of my mouth since 2 weeks. It is paining periodically like when I wake up or after brushing.
I am a 24 year old male. I want to adjust my teeth back as I feel them protruding outside. Which bracing method would be best as well economically lower so that least impact I could feel as I would be using corrective measure.
I am 21 years old female wearing tooth braces for past 15 days and I am unable to eat food like before. I lost 4 kgs within 15 days.
When I do brush during morning I found blood in discharge foam from my mouth pls advise me what should I do now.
I did RCT 2 years back in upper left teeth (#24) but could not do capping, now the same teeth is paining again after seeing xray doc says the first RCT has completely filled the root so now tooth extraction is the only way. Is it so. I do not want to loose my teeth please hlp me can I go for re RCT.
Hi sir, my mother have rasoli problem inside first molars . So please suggest me how it can be cured she is also sugar patient.
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Sir I have a dental problem. My problem is in my sixth teeth has suffered from heavy sensitivity then pain continuous then I take medicine. Now root of the teeth is damaged. Pain in brashtime.
I am 28 years female and my problem is that tongue is getting black spots and it keeps increasing. Almost half of my tongue has gone black now. I have never smoked or never drink and I also brush and scrap my tongue regularly. I have recently checked my tooth and there is not even any cavity or any tooth problem. Could you pls provide a remedy as it is very visible.
I brush and floss regularly, but I still have bad breath all day and all the mouthwash I have tried stain my teeth. What can I do to make my breath smell better,
Why are Milk teeth important?
As milk teeth fall out, it is a common misconception that they do not matter.
The primary teeth have a number of important roles:
• Essential in the first step of digesting food: chewing, biting and grinding
• Allow good pronunciation and speech habits
• Encourage normal development of the jaw bones and muscles
• Ensure there is enough room for permanent teeth to erupt
• Help your child feel comfortable about the way he/she looks
• Guide the permanent teeth to erupt at the correct position in the dental arch since the permanent teeth grow under the milk teeth
• Also, your child's general health can be affected if diseased baby teeth aren't treated.
Remember, some milk molars are not replaced until age ten to fourteen, so they must last for years
What would happen if milk teeth are not taken care of?
Tooth decay and disease present in milk teeth can cause pain and discomfort and can easily pass on to permanent teeth as they erupt. Milk molars remain in the mouth until around 10 to 12 years of age with lots of opportunity to pass decay on to their new permanent neighbors. If it spreads to the root, an infection in a decayed milk tooth can damage the developing permanent tooth lying directly underneath. Consequently, the permanent tooth may erupt either in the wrong position or may not erupt at all i.e. it may remain embedded in the gums.
Why a Pediatric Dentist?
In the same way that paediatricians are trained to meet a child's medical needs, a paediatric dental specialist is uniquely qualified to protect your child's oral health. Paediatric dentists have an additional two to three years of training at university paediatric facilities in addition to four year of dental study. They know how to deal with the behavioural aspects of children, how to make them feel comfortable, and to make the experience pleasant. Also, they are trained and qualified to treat special needs patients. Paediatric dentists have a holistic approach of handling a child patient whereby the dental visit becomes a pleasant experience and not a nightmare. The very reason they are well versed with the psychology of the child which aids in execution of treatment effectively & efficiently simultaneously instilling a positive dental attitude in those little ones
There is a sore in my tongue at all time so many difficulty while eating. Please suggest what to do.
The outermost layer of the tooth is an 'enamel' which is NOT a living tissue and therefore it can’t repair itself. That's something your dentist has to struggle with!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and click on 'Share'.