Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Secunderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D B Gandhi Babu
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D B Gandhi BabuYour feedback matters!
Dr. A. P. Rao, Amd, Nfc
Dr. DB Gandhi Babu & Mrs. Dr. Amrita Gandhi, Spectrum Dental Hospital are really unique in the treatment and dental care taking. I am Dr. Prabhakar Rao, AMD (Dept. of Atomic Energy ), was treated for more than a couple of times for Root canal & tooth Bridge etc and am totally satisfied with not only the treatment and the behavior of the doctors and the staff. I recommend the clinic by all means and wish them a bright future in the coming years.
I am having teeth pain but in xray no cavity is shown what can be the other reason for pain. Please advise.
I had a tooth prob. And I removed the root 1 week ago. I have a pain now (i. E injection part. What should happen if I won't fix a tooth again. Bcoz I am scared of injection? Can I leave it now r should I take further treatment like implant? Kindly tell me useful information.
I am suffering from bad breaths from a very long time and I have been treated also. But come again .scaling 5 times a years and used liters of mouthwash .but the same .but recently I visited a periodontist and even also clean it. But the same .i have tried a lot but bad breath is not gone .very disappointed. Pls suggest.
Mere honth me chhale aaye hai. Aur bohat jalan ho rahi hai. Khana bhi khaye nahi ja raha hai. Aap kuch ilaj bataye plzzz.
I have heavy pain in my gum of teeth. Since last 3 days. What should I do. Not only in gum but also in my throat. I have problem of tonsil what should I do to prevent this kind of diseases?
It's been 6 months that I have worn retainer 24*7 & made visits as instructed by my Ortho. Next month I'm shifting to another country so is it fine if I do not make dentist visits any more but continue wearing my retainer 24*7 for the remaining 6 months.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.