Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Secunderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil KumarYour feedback matters!
My daughter has 15months baby, she is suffering from too cold and cough. Which medicine is suitable for this?
At the age of 7 height and weight of my son is much below from minimum required. We give him Buffalo milk, protein biscuits, banana, dates on daily basis. He also go for karate practice in evening daily. His sonography regarding internal body function is normal. He do not eat much as required at this stage. Please guide us to increase his body growth.
Hi Doctors. My baby girl is 6 month old now. And was suffering from viral from past 3 days we did a stool test for her and got following report. Can you please confirm what does it mean Ph. = 6.5 Reducing substance = positive Color = dirty brown Form and consistency = semi -digested Reaction = Acidic Charcot-Leyden crystals = nil Pus cell = 1-2 Rbc = nil Macrophages = nil protozoa parasites = nil Helminthic ova = nil Other observations = nil.
Hi, mera beta 10 months ka hai nd he always faces loose motion problem. Vo jo bhi khata hai usko as it is nikal deta hai, din mai 4 se 5 baar jata hai nd he will become little week now. Medicines bhi de rahe hai but unse bhi koi khas farak nahi padh raha hai, uski bottle ko bhi hm din mai 3 baar boil karte hai still pata nahi usko ye problem q hai. Please help me in this asap.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.