Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savita Singh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Savita SinghYour feedback matters!
The lower part of uterus, which eventually leads into the vagina in the female reproductive system in humans is called the cervix uteri or in simple words, cervix. The inflammation of this part of the reproductive system is called Cervicitis.
Inflammation in the cervix is caused due to irritation, infection or injury to the cells, which align the cervix. Any one of a number of infections, mainly sexually transmitted diseases can cause cervicitis, of which the most common are chlamydia , mycoplasma , ureaplasma and gonorrhea. Chlamydia accounts for almost 40% of the total cases. Less common causes of cervicitis are Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis) and Genital herpes. Other than STDs, causes for Cervicitis include allergies, bacterial imbalance, injury or irritation resulting from pessaries, tampons, hormonal imbalance and even cancer or its treatment (radiation therapy).
Some cases of cervicitis in women can be symptomless. However, in most cases, symptoms are present, and they include:
1. Persistence of gray or white vaginal discharge that may or may not smell
2. Vaginal bleeding under certain conditions eg. in between periods or after sex
5. Difficulty or pain during urination
6. In rare cases, fever or pain in the abdomen
Cervicitis has no typical form of treatment. Treatment may not be needed in cases where the cause is not a sexually transmitted infection. On suspicion of an infection, the main objectives of the treatment are the removal of the infection and obstructing its spread to the fallopian tubes and uterus, or in case of pregnancy, to the baby.
The medical prescription issued by your doctor would depend on the organism, which is causing the infection. It may include Antibiotics, Antifungal medications or Antiviral medications. Cryosurgery, a process, which freezes the abnormal cells in the cervix using freezing temperatures, may also be performed by your doctor. In severe cases, where there is damage to the cervical cells, your doctor can apply silver nitrate (destroys abnormal cells).
Recommendations from your doctor may also ask your partner to be treated so as to prevent recurrence of the disease and to avoid intercourse as long as the treatment is in process. Treatment is mandatory if you are tested to be HIV positive. Moreover, having cervicitis makes you more prone to receive the virus from a HIV positive partner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
Mera baby mere pat me hi mar gaya tha 8 mahine me tab breast ka size kafi badh gaya. How to reduce it?
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 19 year old female. I am suffering from bilateral pcod even though I am lean. My doctor prescribed myotol-F. I was taken myotol-F for 5 months. But my condition was not improved. Now my doctor prescribe normoz. Is normoz is better than myotol-F?
Hello doctor I have married in april 2017. And from last 2 months we want to try for baby but she didn't conceive. please suggest me what should I do?
Health benefits of masturbation
1. It helps you love yourself more. Knowledge of your own body can be incredibly empowering - and the more you tune into your mind and body, the happier you'll be in your relationships. Dr. Suggests that you first get a mirror and try looking at your own genitals. If you're shy, begin in a slow, nonsexual manner and work your way up as you become more comfortable.
2. It can make sex with others better. Some people think that women who use vibrators or other toys will have a hard time orgasming with someone else, but experts say that masturbation is one of the best ways to figure out what you like in bed, and subsequently, how to guide your sexual partners. Do yourself and your partner a favor by carving out some 'me' time.
3. It can boost your confidence and body image. It's like the saying goes: masturbation is sex with a person you love, right? bust out your gadgets, videos, or do it the old-fashioned way to build up your self-esteem, because, believe it or not, pleasing yourself is an easy way to improve your outlook on life.
4. It's good for your vagina. While many women already know the benefits of Kegels, some don't know that they can get similar benefits from masturbation. Orgasms help keep your pelvic floor strong and healthy, which can prevent urinary incontinence and promote your overall sexual health. Contracting your muscles can also help relieve cramps during your period.
- We indians have a unique love for tea, every person has its own version of tea. Someone wants it strong, some sweet some more milk etc. It is not bad to have tea, tea contain anti oxidants which are very good to take care of fre radicald hence help in delay aging. But remember never take tea first thing in the morning. Try to eat a banana first thing in morning. Banana is a whole food it itself. It provides our body metabolism boost and neccesary nutrients required.
- Green tea should only be consumed post breakfast or lunch. Apple causes gastritis hence an shud never be consumed empty stomach.