Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for mohitYour feedback matters!
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight carrying surface of knee joint is replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage, and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical-grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anesthesia, an incision of 8-12inches is made in the front part of the knee. The joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin, as well as knee cap, is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure
After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well for 20 to 22 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
The Rehabilitation After Total Knee Replacement:
- Full weight-bearing walking, knee bending, exercise next day after surgery
- Commode use, sitting on chair 2nd day
- 3rd day: Stair climbing, start cross leg sitting
- 2 weeks: Suture removal and walking to outdoors
Patients whose knee joints have been damaged by either trauma or progressive arthritis should consider total knee replacement surgery. The post-surgical hospital stay after knee joint replacement is usually three to five days. The surgery has a very high success rate and shows dramatic improvement after a month. This improvement is most notable one month or more after surgery. The pain caused by the damaged joint is reduced significantly when the new gliding surface is constructed during surgery. Initially, the patient will walk with the help of a walking aid until the knee is able to support full body weight. After six weeks, the patient can walk comfortably with minimal assistance. Patients with artificial joints are prescribed to take antibiotics during the course of any elective invasive procedures including dental work. Physiotherapy is an essential part of rehabilitation and it will increase the muscle strength and patient can enjoy most activities, except running and jumping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Orthopedist.
You will be surprised to know that about 35 million men and 21 million women suffer from excessive hairfall in India. Excessive hair fall can be the result of certain illnesses, hormonal changes, over-use of hair products that contain chemicals or a poor diet. What you may not have considered is that you can also lose a lot of hair by combing it the wrong way.
Check if you’re making these common combing mistakes.
1. Are you combing your hair from the roots down?
If you’re combing your hair you should always start from the middle while working it downwards. Move the comb upwards (near the roots) only when there are no more tangles remaining in the bottom half.
If you start combing from your roots, you may have to fight more tangles on the way to the bottom. This induces strain on your scalp, and increases hair breakage. The end result is weak hair and roots, and more hair fall.
2. Are you combing post the application of a hair product?
A comb should never be used just after the application of a hair paste, serum or cream for treatment or styling. You must use only your fingers to comb through your hair once you've applied a styling product.
If you use a comb post-application of a styling product, it not only loses its effect, but may also harm your hair and its texture.Consequently, it may lead to increased breakage and hair loss over time.
3. Are you detangling your hair after shampooing or washing?
Hair is known to be at its weakest when wet, which can also make it prone to tangling. Combing and excessive pulling of tangled, wet hair increases your chances of hair breakage and eventual hair loss.
To avert water-induced frowns, you can try giving a comb-through before wetting your hair in the shower. Alternatively, you can also try combing your hair during a shower. Apply the conditioner first; next, untangle the strands by using only your fingers, and then use a wide-toothed comb just before washing.
4. Are you regularly back-combing your hair?
Sometimes people back-comb their hair from the roots working towards the ends. This hair teasing technique adds volume and texture to your hair. Although it’s a great trick, its regular use may damage your hair cuticles, which as a result, may also ruin your hair’s quality, lead to frizzy hair and increase breakage and hair loss.
To get the element of volume without the damage, you can try light hair sprays, which help you in getting a similar look. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Awkward turning dark of Hair is essential today you would think being able to that it’s even in early teenagers. It has not spared a strong part of the overall public in wherever all through the world. It can in like manner be intrinsic and there are up 'til now various diverse causes behind the scene.
Less than ideal turning dark of hair is extending at an irritating rate today.
Less than ideal Graying of Hair, can be perceived by the age and has a place from which zone of the Globe. Generally headway of silver hair in Asians is in late 30 and in the mid of 30 makes in White. Along these lines, unmistakably till we go to the age of 50, we experience enough silver hair.
Furthermore, yes, the people who experience before the beforehand specified age, can be isolated as Premature Graying of Hair.
Causes Premature Graying of Hair
- Deficiency of Vitamin B-12
- Deficiency of Zinc and copper
- Deficiency of Vitamin C and E
- Deficiency of Vitamin B5 and B9
- Problems of Thyroid
- Consumption of Junk sustenance and took care of food
However, in the meantime reasons are not clear, that what absolutely causes less than ideal turning gray of hair, yet if you look on the already said appear, it may be a direct result of inadequacy of vitamins, dietary components, genetic or smoking etc.
In case you are experiencing the inconvenient turning gray of hair and if the cause were genetic, at that point no one on the planet would treat be able to it.
Nevertheless, those people who fall under this elements which is isolated from inherited can be reparable and treated.
One individual proposition eats healthy, maintain a strategic distance from undesirable inclinations, and to the wrap things up have a respectable strong rest.
Well that our lifestyle has a crucial impact in our life.
Our Crowning Glory is the picture of age and character, so passage thee well and take advantage of your life!
My hairs is getting Grey fastly in this minor age only. I tried different month nd shampoo to cure it but I didn't get satisfying results. So please tell me ayurvedic treatment for me. Please help me ¡
I am having joint pain specially in my hand fingers. I am also suffering from cervical .pls suggest some measures.
I am a male 18 years old. I have thick hairs, of medium length and are medium dry. I don't have any issues but now that there are hundreds of products I am very much confused and using different product all the time there is chance that I'll spoil my hairs. please help me what products like shampoo and conditioner should I use please help very confused! Ty.
I am only 17. But today I noticed a white hair. God m too much tensed. I do not want white hairs. Why its happened? Pls help me.
How can we remove armpit hair, butt hole hair and ear hair? Any medicine available, Pls reply. Pls refer medicine,
Hair remove kis se karne se thik rehta hai gents ka veet try kiya tha par bahut jyda kat raha hai Skin blade se karne me baad me baal bahut chubh raha hai.
Whenever I practice yoga to reduce my joint pain, it increases my body pain and I bound to take pain killer and stop doing it. Should I stop yoga or continue with pain.
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is damaged. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and help in absorbing shocks. Tears are formed in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to bend the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Prevention and treatment
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.