Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Satara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil YadavYour feedback matters!
British head injury statistics report that about one million people are required to go through emergency care every year. Although many of these accidents are minor, one out of five victims is required to be admitted in the hospital for emergency care. Head injuries amount to about 1 percent of all deaths and about 15 to 20 percent death in people aged between 5 and 35 years. This is the most common form of death in abused children.
Symptoms of a concussion
Head injuries are also known as concussions or traumatic brain injuries, which may range from mild to severe. Most mild injuries cause no harm over time but in rare cases, these may trigger a host of problems. You must seek medical help in case you observe any of the following symptoms:
- Nausea, drowsiness and headache are persistent for a long time and get worse every day.
- Difficulty in waking up from sleep; this problem is very common with children.
- Unusual and incomprehensible behavior like getting annoyed or losing temper and being confused.
- Amnesia or forgetfulness.
- Change in the size of eye pupil especially dilated pupil.
- Difficulty in explaining anything, speaking and even walking.
- Drainage of blood-like or clear fluids from nose or ears.
- Weakness or numbness in different parts of the body, particularly in arms and legs.
- Vomiting more than twice or thrice in a day.
Such symptoms should never be overlooked and they may take place separately or in combination in people affected with mild head injuries. These symptoms are collectively called post concussional syndrome causing irritability, depression, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia together with the above mentioned problems.
Homeopathic treatment to alleviate the symptoms
Initial hours right after the head injury are very crucial. A proper treatment at this point of time can prevent further worsening of the condition. Arnica and NatrumSulph are very effective in treating head injuries or concussion. Though most people regard Arnica as a small remedy in petty injuries, in truth, Arnica plays a vital role in preventing immediate as well as remote effects culminating from a head injury. It can control internal hemorrhages or bleeding, which may lead to critical problems in the future.
Another important homeopathic medicine is NatrumSulph that is known for its ability to treat epilepsy, sightlessness, vertigo and memory loss, which can arise from an immediate or distant head injury. It can also lead to swelling in the optic channel through which the optic nerve goes that can cause acute visual disturbances. Therefore, it is important to consult a responsive healthcare provider without further delay.
Is Sleep Paralysis a Symptom of a Serious Problem? Yesterday left side full not sense (top to bottom like head, hand and leg) this is 1st time happening to me.
I recently asked about the problem of shivering hands nd the doc suggested meh to take injection of vitcofol 2cc please tell meh how much amount of it per injection should be taken nd after how many days next injection should be taken nd if possible then plzz take meh the reason behind this problem.
My husband is 39 years old male. He had epilepsy problem after head accident (3 times operation of head) from 3 years. Now he take the medicine eptoin 100 3nos. Please advise.
I am 25 year old male and have migraine. I get sever pains at times no medicine helps what can I do?
I am a disease free person as well as a I have sufficient power but my forehand is very thin. Whenever I do any hard physical work my hand start to vibrate. What should I do?
She is having parkinson. She feels like her brain is very tired and weak. What she should take along with parkinson's medicines to supplement brain?
Respected sir. I have head tingling and numbness in legs and hand, I Consult doctors he told me because of anxiety, and he gave me medication, but don't help me same as before, could I know how long it will take to cure. Presently am using medicine paratox 10mg, tizindine 2mg. Please suggest me.
Sir, I ve been suffering from Headache in the rear part of the head for a period of over 1 year, I am feeling it severe early in the morning when I am on the bed. diminishing after 1/2 of an hour. Is it migraine pain.
I am 21 years old. And am unmarried. I have numbness and a little spasm in my penis and panel soft for 2+ year. It becomes more numb in sitting position on bike, chair, car seat. There is also little pain in nerves beside ass hole. And panel soft is more numb and the color of it is little bit change. I never has had sex. But the problem arise one night when was sleeping. When I was woke up at mid night, I felt low sensation in my penis. I also had MRI the result is. STIR coronal section of sacroiliac joint do not reveal any signal abnormality. Summary - The L4/5 level disc shows mild dessication and subtle diffuse bulg. The thecal sac, bilateral traversing L5 nerve roots, neural foramen and existing nerve roots are normal. And the xray result is- Loss of Lumber lordosis, likely due to muscle spasm. Please give a suggestion what to do.
I am 55 years old.I have pain in my right arm.My right thumb gets numb and a bit swollen if I keep my hand hanging.The pain is twitching needles kinds.The TSH level is 7.34.Blood sugar fasting is 97 mg/dl
Two years back she was having pain in knees. After sitting she the pain was worst. After seeing a physician we went to a neurologist. He said that certain nerves were pinched after an x ray. She was prescribed pregabalin and some other medicines. After two months she got a fit lasting for a minute only. We stopped that medicine and went to another neurologist. He said that there is no problem with nervous system and that knee pain is due to weight. He advised for a CT scan which was normal. However he prescribed Oxetol 300 mg and 450 mg for 3 years. After one month she was tired with the medicine and stopped. Everything was normal for two years. Then again she was having severe pain in leg. We went to another physician and he gave medicines for neuropathic pain of which pregabalin was a medicine. After using for one month she got a fit during night. This time the duration was even shorter. Both times it happened when she awoke in night and fainted. She told a feeling of anxiety that night before sleeping and told her head went numb or cold. We went to physician. He checked history stopped all medicines only giving oxetol 300mg in the morning and 450mg in the evening. Two months passed and she is fine. Very slight pain in knees also. But the doctor says she had to take this medicine for 5 years. Please advice us. We do not know whether she is having epilepsy or it was side effect of the medicines given for neuropathic pain.
I have a problem with head ach and its symptoms are the pain is coming after my bath when I take head bath after bath head ach is coming and its paining very much what is the problem is there any chance to came migraine it's my doubt please help me abt this problem.
My father full leg jerk and vibrate. He has laminectomy 1 and half month back, also he is having depression with suicidal thoughts. This jerk get faster if he get his mind on leg, but if we indulge him in another activities, this jerk get slower and gradually stops. Can this jerk be associated with parkinson disease?
Since a week, whenever I wake up at morning, or even after I wake up from sleep during day time, I find that my left and becomes little numb and then the area from my fingers to the heart seems to b pumping little blood and uneasy kind of feeling .heart beat seems to b connected with the left hand's movement .i fear of heart attack that too from nowhere. Pls help.
Hi I fell and my head was hurt on the top backside of the head. I had got a bump for a few days. I do not experience any pain now. I'm fine. I hope there is no problem in the future. Am I right?
I have one problem like lots of pain in My head and some times the head pain lead eyes also I doubt it will be migraine pain so what should I suppose to do that time?
Had seizures 4-5 times 10 years back. Was on medicine (encorate chrono and gardenal) for next 6 years and then got normal. From. Last four years not taking any medicine and is perfectly alright and normal. Is it ok. To take CAVERTA 50 MG once in a week and if not what medicine you suggest for ED? Regards.
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.