Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Satara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
I'm 19 year old male I had a stomach pain I can't sleep I had pain from bike fail accident Give me a solution ointment please.
I have black mark like dot on my penile glan. Doc has replied. Its a penile melanosis. It is flat. Got it before 3 weeks back. Do I need to worry. Or what procedure do I need to follow.
I am 40 years old man and is facing a problem of frequent urination. I am not diabetic. I just want to know the reason for frequent urination especially during stress or excitation. I think it is related to prostrate gland as in my teen age I have done one ultrasound and it says acute prostates. Please advise.
I have a problem of jerking at sudden moments this generally happens when I get excited about something I have no clue about this reaction of my body Help me out?
I am Type 2 diabetic for last 12 years. Practice yoga daily, Go for walk and do Physiotherapy exercise daily in the Evening. Do cycling 30 km. A week. Is it possible to manage blood sugar without medicines on the basis of above mentioned activities?
I have fever from last night and have cough please tell me the suggestion that what medicine should I take.
Dear Sir, /Madam, I'm suffering from chest burning and pain since long days. I have done GERD and found no prob but when I done sonography doctor said liver size increased due to fat or jaundice I'm non alcoholic but I eat non veg very frequently so please suggest the medicine for LIVER swelling. Thanks.
Hi. My name is Esther. I keep having terrible back ache and headache. Irregular food habits. Also never had any such disease diagnose. Always have body pains. Most of my family members have diabetes and I'm scared I might get that by genes. Could you please tell me what are the early signs of having diabetes or thyroid. Also how can I incorporate my food habits to avoid it! Thanks.
While cooking, one ingredient you cannot be without is oil. This is an essential ingredient in all types of cooking and no matter how little you put, a significant amount will still get into your body. Thus, it is of prime importance that you choose your cooking oil carefully. There are options, which are healthier than others and it is advisable to lean more on these options compared to the normal ones available in the market.
Considerations before choosing healthy cooking oils
It is important to not get into the marketing hype of various brands, which claim to be healthy cooking oils. Basic ingredients, no matter how refined, will still dictate how healthy the oil is. Some facts to consider are:
- You would want oils which are stable at high temperatures and don't oxidize easily. If oils oxidize easily, they form free radicals, which are harmful for your health.
- Unhealthy oils, even at lower temperatures will form polyunsaturated fats and thus, look for oils which have less of it.
Here are some healthy alternatives to the commonly found vegetable oils which are high in polyunsaturated fats.
- Olive oil: One of the staples and heroes of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil has long been the favorite of healthy cooking champions. It is good for the heart as it lowers LDL and encourages the growth of good cholesterol or HDL. It is also very low in polyunsaturated fats. You should try to go for extra virgin olive oil, although other variations are still better than normal vegetable oils.
- Palm oil: Also low in polyunsaturated fats, palm oil is rich in vitamin E and many other nutrients which make it a very healthy alternative to the normal vegetable oils you would usually buy from the market.
- Coconut oil: This variety of oil tends to have the least amount of polyunsaturated fats and is being touted as the healthiest alternative to normal cooking oils. Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid which helps to improve cholesterol levels within the body and is also know to have antibacterial properties.
- Avocado oil: Another healthy alternative, it may be a little difficult to find in the shelves as it is still uncommon. Again, this oil is also very low in unsaturated fats and is thus, similar to olive oil. You can use this oil for cooking or serve it cold as garnishing for dishes as well.
Indian market offers variety in oils and one can choose from sesame, ricebran, sunflower, safflower, canola , coconut and pure ghee too. Changing or rotating oils is healthy as it gives the body different essential fatty acids which it needs; for example we need a healthy blend of mono -unsaturates (50%) polyunsaturates ((30%) and saturated fatty acids(20%). However, you should consult your physician as to, which oil will be best for you.