Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Satara and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShelarYour feedback matters!
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.