Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Karad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aasifa SutarYour feedback matters!
Sir/ mam I have two of my front teeth brown in colour. I want to have tooth caps. Is that thought correct? suggest me any idea.
Dear sir My age is 31, unmarried girl. I am suffering lots of problems like urine infection, bp low, thyroid, swelling on face every time, white spots on body but currently under control. Internal weakness every time. Cervical problem, on face too much problems many spots n infection facing from past 12 years, sensitive teethes, sinus problem, problem in breathing, when I breath my nose & neck feel to much fry so that I can not sleep properly. N so many much more problems please tell what I have to do have one body with lots or problems.
I am 17 years old. The problem is that when I drink tea or coffee my tongue turns yellow. Otherwise it remains fine, what should I do?
I am 30 years old male am suffering from mouth ulcers for last 3 weeks. What should I do? please help me.
I work on my computer for more than five hours and I am having backache and also getting yellow teeth.
1. Brush your teeth twice daily.
2. Floss your teeth if you feel food is stuck in between your teeth.
3. Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months and get all your small decays of teeth filled and your mouth cleaned.
Cleaning your teeth doesn't loosen your teeth or affect your gums. This is a common misconception people have. In fact cleaning removes all the tartar accumulated over your teeth which has caused bone loss around your teeth so you feel teeth are loose. But in fact teeth will become stronger if you get that tartar out as the bone will heal and give better support to your teeth.
4. Avoid eating sticky sweet food at night. This will encourage more decaying of teeth.
5. Rinse your mourn daily with a mouth wash prescribed by your dentist.
When I spit little bit blood comes out, I also concern with my family doctor. He prescribed me some medicines. But still I did found any result.
Mam/sir I am suffering from enamel bleeding and enamel degeneration can you please help me my age is 25 male.
I am a 20 years old girl having mouth ulcers frequently, hope its a part of heredity. Can you pls suggest me how much b complex tablets should I take per day. Is there any problem in taking two?
I am 23 year old girl and recently got one of my tooth extracted. I am pissed off with cavities. I just notices few black spots on 4 different tooth. Why the heck I am getting that even though I am brushing twice a day. Please help me. I am Army aspirant and should be fine with 14 dental points. I have already lost one at such an early stage. Please help me.
Can I eat some food or fast food on the treatment of root canal? Root canal treatment use full for stopping pain?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.