Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Miraj and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I want know about the causes for breast cancer? Will abnormal sleeping habit in young age can lead to cancer?
Is coffee causes cancer? I taje it daily 3 times and one of my friend told me that it causes cancer. Pls tell me it is right or wrong?
My father age is 59 was suffering from tongue cancer stage 2 And he is taking ayurvedic medicine what food he want to take please tell best food and best Fruit please tell good solution to cure.
My father (72 yrs) is suffering from cancer in food pipe. The doctors said that surgery is not possible & radiation will start on 22nd june 2015. What is your opinion about this?
Pathologist given following test report Material Sent: COLONOSCOPIC biopsy for HPE Clinical Diagnosis: Ca. Ascending colon Gross: Received Multiple soft tissue bits aggregately measure 0.5x0.4x0.3 cm in size. Submitted entirely for processing. Microscopy: Adenocarcinoma colon What does it indicates. This is my Grandpa's Report
Recently I came across a true cut biopsy report of a Tumor in which it was stated Malignant Neoplasm, Suspected Sarcoma. Is it a cancer? Later some further MRI/USG etc are in process but what is the fate of the patient? The tumor is in a form of medium sized lump in the left chest wall, with no pain and inflammation. Patient age 77. Doctors are suggesting a surgery to remove the tumor but the fear is whether it will help anything? Is there a chance of spreading of the disease further if operated? Please give a good suggestion what best can be done.
What is the difference between malignant tumor and benign tumor and a cyst forming in the jaw is harmful to what extent and can be identified as benign or malignant and what is the diagnosis in each case?
I am 21years old there is a small lump in my left breast since 5 to 6 months I am very worried about it is it normal. Please help me?
I have been smoking since 4 years now and I am trying to quit but am unable to do so. Please guide me regarding the same and also I wanted to know where can I get a cancer test done with is not expensive. I live in Mumbai.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
Where do I start. I have alway had lumps in my breast. Always very lumpy. Went for a mammogram and ultra sound yesterday. Well I don't know why this one upset me so much. Was very teary. That the mammogram first to be told that they had to do more imaging on the left. Then the U/S and was told they.
I am 24yr female. marriage 2month before. Near 1month have breast pain while touching. What is my problem?
Antiperspirants can cause breast cancer
A) True or False
You may have heard that chemicals in antiperspirants can get into your body through razor nicks and cause breast cancer. If this idea makes you break out in a cold sweat, here’s some peace of mind: Experts say there’s no evidence this is true.