Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Orthopedists online in Sambalpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.C. Mahapatra
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Submit a review for Dr. N.C. MahapatraYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I am suffer`ng with severe bike ache. I use KTM RC200 bike which has a long reach. I am just just 5'6 so what precautions should I take to avoid back ache.
I Need some suggestions for Ankylosing Spondylitis patient, daily routine, diet, physical activity, medicine. Suffering from last 6-7 Years, current drug: 2 Sazo1000 daily, Retoz60, Shelcal500 sometime.Please suggest.
I'm 20 years old. I'm having back pain from 2 months. I'm basing using some oils n ointments guided by doctors bt I couldn't see any change. What can I do now to reduce my pain?
Sir, kal do dino se bhut bemar hu. head mai halka sa pain, fever, and body mai pain. Tou kuch Medicine le thi. Thoda bhut faraq huva. Par ab legs and back mai bhut pain hoti hai jb chalta hu. Jab legs stretch krta hu ya jb chalta hu tb. Legs kya back side pe. Please suggest me something for that.
When joints get inflamed, it is known as arthritis. This causes swelling and pain in the joints of your body such as the hips and the knees. When the cartilage gets damaged at the ends of bones, a type of arthritis called osteoarthritis occurs.
There are two main types of osteoarthritis:
- Primary: This type is more generalized. It affects the knees, fingers, hips, spine and thumb.
- Secondary: This type can occur after injury or joint inflammation, or as a result of any disease that affects the ligament's composition, like hemochromatosis.
How is the hip affected by osteoarthritis?
Patients have difficulties walking if they have hip osteoarthritis. Diagnosing hip osteoarthritis is difficult. It is because the pain appears in varied locations, such as the groin, buttocks, knee or thigh. The pain can be a dull throb or can be sharp and stabbing. The hip is usually stiff.
What are the causes of hip osteoarthritis?
The causes of hip osteoarthritis are unknown. However, the factors that can lead to osteoarthritis are joint injury, excessive weight and rising age.
Along with the abovementioned factors, the following may contribute as well:
- The joints may not have developed accurately
- The cartilage may have inherited the defects
- If the joints are too irritated due to added pressure on them, like excess body weight or stressful activities that include hip movement, osteoarthritis may develop.
What are the symptoms of hip osteoarthritis?
The symptoms of hip osteoarthritis are as follows:
- Joints feel stiff when you get out of bed
- Joints feel stiff if you have been sitting for some time
- The joints feel painful, swollen or tender
- You can hear (a "crunching" sound) or feel the bones rubbing against each other.
- You find yourself unable to do certain things, like putting on socks, as it requires your hips to move.
How is hip osteoarthritis treated?
The main objective of treatment is to restore the patient's ability to move around. A part of this objective includes correcting the function of the hip and managing the pain. The treatment can include: