Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Sambalpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit AgrawalYour feedback matters!
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me! Do excessive use of mobile reduce eye vision.
I have red dot like spot in the right eye, what can I do? I have also hair fall problem, what can I do?
I have eye numbers -4.5 and -4.0 and I am wearing specks past 10 years and my eye numbers increased till my age at 18 now I am 21 but from the age of 18 till now my numbers haven't increases. Now I am fed up of wearing this specks so I am planning to do the laser operation but I have no idea about it and what are the side-effects and many other questions. I need suggestion that should I do the laser operation or not?
I'm 76 years old person and I have undergone CABG IN APRIL 2014. I have HTN & type 2 diabetes since 1997. But due to medicines both are under control. I was operated for my right eye cataract in 2014 but now I can't bear lights of cars from opposite side due to glare. My eye surgeon says that the glare will go after the cataract surgery of my left eye. Should I believe the eye surgeon and go for cataract surgery of my left eye. Please advise. Thanks.
I am 18 years old male and white color come in my eyes because I am watched TV for very large time What should I do.
I hav an eye problem. Minus power. -5.5. My visibility is low. What should I do? Can I go for laser surgery? Is it helpful? Can it may create any health problem? I can not attain any central govt exam becoz of my eye problem. please suggest.
I have gas problem and bloating in stomach after the food and also small bumps sometime in body and my eye blurred vision sometimes. I'm scared because it's cause of aids please help some one. And also I loss my body weight please help.
I am having continues discharge on my eye, colour of my eyes is changing into red. Could not open my eyes in the morning because of the discharge, is about 2 days I am suffering from this pain, how can I cure this?
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.