Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Salem. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VanithadeviYour feedback matters!
Brain is like a network of many wires, these wires are cells called neurons. When these cells start shrinking, that is Cerebellar Atrophy. Shrinking of brain! Yes you read it right. Many different causes come together and shrink the brain tissue. Impact of this shrinkage reflects on the actions of brain. Actions controlled by affected area of the brain.
Cerebellar atrophy is of two types- generalized and localized. In generalized, type of atrophy all activities of brain diminish. In case of localized cerebral atrophy activities controlled by a specific area of the brain are affected. So, symptoms vary according to affected area with problem.
Causes of cerebellar atrophy includes- infection, drugs and other diseases like parkinson’s and alzheimer etc. Cerebral ataxia, dysphagia and inability to speak are few of the symptoms which appear in patients.
Ayurveda about Cerebellar Atrophy
This particular condition is not described in Ayurveda as it is. Exact noun is not available in terms of the name of disease in Ayurveda. For treatment, we need to understand the pathology. Pathology is a process which leads us to problem. Until unless we don't reverse pathology. Condition will remain same. Some medicines can help us to suppress signs and symptoms. This is not the treatment as per Ayurveda. Ayurveda believes in reversal of pathology.
In case of Cerebral Atrophy, the main thing is the cause why brain cells start decaying. Ayurveda works on three Doshas. Vata is one of these three. Vata controls the nervous system. So nervous system is all about Vata Dosha. Aggravation of Vata dosha leads to the neural problems. The diet, lifestyle which can aggravate Vata dosha causes conditions like Atrophy.
Because old age is a period for Vata Aggravation thus atrophy is common in old age. So everything is related to Vata. Sukhayu Ayurved has researched well in all such cases. Cerebellar Atrophy is common in people who follow Vata Aggravating foods and lifestyles.Thus approach for the treatment of Cerebellar Atrophy is according to Vata Vyadhi.
Vata is dry thus it dries up the tissues. Therefore we need to nourish the body with “fats” and unctuousness. We can do that through Panchakarma treatments. We have seen more wonderful results in all such cases with Ayurvedic treatments.
Ayurveda Treatment for Cerebellar Atrophy
Generally, it is asked is there some medicines for Cerebellar Atrophy. There is a treatment for Cerebellar atrophy with Ayurveda. Sukhayu Ayurveda provides the treatment through Panchakarma interventions. Basti is a drug of treatment in all neural disorders. There are many types of Bastis. Especially relevant basti is selected according to the condition of patients. In addition to all these Yoga is another dimension what we add to the treatment for atrophy.
While working on diet-lifestyle our physicians prescribe medicines for 6 to 8 months and 21 days panchakarma. Selection of Panchakarma procedures vary from patient to patient. As a result of nourishing the body and countering dryness of Vata signs and symptoms of a patient starts reducing. Most important thing for treatment is- faith and follow-up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Please told me the safe age (total week ) of baby child through IVF for operation for baby and also told that it is necessary that the patient food processing not working well in this process of IVF at the age of 42 years.
Hello my wife have a problems with continue falling sperm from utres with some kind of bandy please suggest me which kind of problems is this.
She is having a lot of flow of white fluid from her vagina for last 3 months. She is having that flow now also. Our marriage was fixed 3 months earlier and our marriage was on 14 dec 2016. She even has pain in area below stomach after sex. Whereas I am having a lot of itching on the below skin of scrotum. I have been using Boroline for last 2 weeks and doesn't feel to itch in the morning but have a lot of itching in the night. It's proving to be a temporary solution than a permanent solution. We would both visit the doctor if required because we both are uncomfortable. Please provide the response to both of our problems.
I had unprotected sex on the first day of my menstruation, the next day it stopped coming and I waited for 5 days yet to result on the six day I did pregnancy text and it was negative. What should I do? What can I take to make it come.
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Infection is generally understood as the invasion into the body tissues by certain foreign bodies, such as bacteria, parasite and virus. They are transmissible diseases and can be transmitted from one person to the other via sneezing, coughing or physical contact. They can be mild, moderate or severe.
- They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
- Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
- If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
- Throat infections: Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
- Skin infection: Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
- Bladder infection: Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
- Stomach infection: Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
- Sinus infection: Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Note: Although, the names of the medicines have been mentioned here, still it is strongly recommended that no medicine should be consumed without consulting a homeopathic doctor. The potency and dosage of the medicine will vary from person to person and can only be decided by a trained practitioner.