Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Salem and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. T JagathrayanYour feedback matters!
Now a days, my wife was doubt on my phone calls and messages. We both love together and successful our married life for the past 27 years but this type of behaviour she started doing for the last two months and we have fight on almost on a daily basis. I have deleted my all applications includes facebook, whatsup and all female contacts (for my official - both office and suppliers and friends). I am normally very jovial and my wife was very much possessive on me. Kindly give your valuable feedback and treatment for my wife. I don't know how I can satisfy my wife. Thanks.
How can I care my body. And how can I gain weight to be a strong. And what can I do for increase my memory?
Sir, I have problem of nervousness. I get very much nervous particularly any problem occur related to health specially related to my child. Always the worst thing comes in my mind and that thought captures my entire mind. I get so nervous that I become shivering and useless. Always some negative thought only about illness of my children moves in my mind more when I remain out of my House. Always I keep thinking about welfare of them. I don't want to go on tour because of this suspicion and this fear has become so serious that my daily life has total disturbed. My mind and thinking is totally captured with the fear of diseases. My total life is disturbed because of the same. Sir, Please advice is there any treatment of this mental problem which I have been facing from my childhood. Regards.
I have body problems as well as memory problem. I feel headache sometimes. I have masturbation problem. Night fullness of sperm etc. I am suffering it from 3 years. Please tell me the cure of this.
I have a sharp pain in my vagina while having sex with my husband. I've visited a gynaecologist and was recommended using a lubricant. A mild infection was detected and treated; however the pain continues. Please help, as this is most frustrating for us!
I lost somebody close last year and since than berry depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
I am 24 year age. I have no job right now .i not completed my b tech .because of I cannot concentrate my studies. I want to pass the exam but my mind is lazy and lack of concentration. Give me suitable solution.
I am 28 year old male. I found that from few month I have got heaviness in my mind. I could not considered long time so I am not reading books more than 10 or 15 minutes continuously. What should I do?
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
My girl friend use to tell her about her ex boy friends when I am with her in relationship I dint tolerate that one I scolded her very badly but now I am feeling very bad what she's feeling.
I AM SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION AND FEELING LOW. I ALWAYS FEEL INSECURE AND UNABLE TO TAKE DECISION EVEN IN VERY SMALL MATTERS. I AM VERY LAZY TOO AND WAKE VERY LATE AT AROUND 10 AM IN THE MORNING AND KEEP AVOIDING ALL THE TASKS AND GET DEPRESSED WHEN THE ACTUAL DATE OF THE SAID WORKS COME CLOSER. PLEASE ADVICE ME SOME MEDICATION SO THAT I COULD MAKE MY LIFE BETTER. I AM AGED 61 YEARS OLD.
I am 22 year old. My prob. Mujhe weakness Har waqt rehti hai. 4 month se mai every day 12-15 hours study kr rha tha. Exam 17 may ko done hue. Ab mai taiyar kr RAHA hu sir or mam mera problem ye hai ki mai ab pahle ki tarah subjects ko yad ni rakh pata,bhulne lagta hu jaldi yaad nahi hota pls suggest mai kya karu pls pls.
Hello sir. My wife is 2.5 month pregnant. And she wants to sex for aone times. But I feel fear. Is it safe to intercourse during pregnancy. What precautions I have to follow during pregnancy.
Hello I am pregnant 7 week ,muje vegina me kabhi kabhi khujli hoty he to mene doctor ko dikhaya ,to muje 1 cream di vegina me laganeki uske bad 2-3 bar muje vegina me 2-4red chip chipi pravahi jesa dikha pls answer me isme dar vali bat nahi hena answer Hindi me dijiaega pls fast muje bahut tension ho rahi he pls.
I am 28 years old and I have body pain for more than one month along with severe weakness. I am anemic since childhood and putting on fat on a daily basis. Eyes are bulging out due to excessive fat.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.