Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Salem and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T JagathrayanYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, I am aged 29 years male. I am facing stress and strain for the past one year and could not able to concentrate on any work involvemently. Many times I get depressed when I think about my future and lose my confidence and become dull. I know pretty well what I am doing is wrong and inspite of that, all efforts I make to overcome this problem ends in vain. As I am in a confused situation, I need your advise doctor. Please help me. Thanks.
The field of positive psychology explains this. Research says, one of the signature strengths that such people have is" gratitude. Gratitude makes them take better care of themselves physically and mentally. It also makes people engage in more proactive and healthy way. It promotes the motivation for exercise, healthy diet and willingness to wriggle out of any negative situations in life. It helps boost your immune system. Since it makes you more optimistic and alert, you cope better with stress and feel healthier.
How to have an attitude of gratitude?
1) be mindful of what you have - being thankful for very small things actually bring a great amount of joy. Have gratitude for small things like sunlight, rain, flowers, a cup of tea, a caring spouse, a child's laughter. It gives us the resilience to cope with tougher situations.
2) keep a gratitude journal - every night before going to bed, write down" what was the best thing that happened to you that day. It fosters better sleep and a sense of well being and satisfaction.
3) reframe challenging situations - it's not the situation but our perception of the situation that makes it challenging. You can reframe your reactions and respond by saying that" I may have a very demanding boss, but I have become more organized, patient. It will help you to attend to your work and be cheerful.
4) practice saying thank you - it's very simple. When you buy a bus ticket, just smile and say'thank you. Feel the first raindrops on your face and smile in gratitude for all the life it brings.
5) focus your attention outwards - according to emmons, a us psychology professor, people who are more aware of the positives in their lives tend to focus their attention outside of themselves. They feel complete, satisfied and fulfilled in their lives and are capable of helping the less fortunate ones.
If you have any questions, please click on" consult privately.
Dear mam, sir Actually I am threading some psychiatric problems. Although I was going under medicine between 1 to 10 April by counseling a psychiatrist. But I have stooped it bcoz I feel that there is no relief with that. I am in confusion that what is happening with Me or what is the problem to me. Although I have some tensions but not a lot. I have electro sleep problem also. I have the temperature of my body in night everyday high level. I job in field & married person. Pls suggest me that what should I do?
My son who is unmarried and middle age has got into the habit of drinking through the whole day and also smokes. He is short tempered and will argue a lot over any issue. His habit of drinking has been incurred in the last two to three years. How can I get him over this issue.
I had a gf. We had break up few month back. Our memories always disturb me a lot. I do feel mentally week. Even I am unable to put concentration on my work. Can anyone please suggest me how to get relief from this situation?
My question is that I am in love with two person first one from my 9th class and 2nd one is in my college and I love both of them. I have drunk bear 5 days earlier and now my condition is I have heaviness in my head and chakkar also. And sometime I forget that what I have told to other people and I am not afraiding from anyone and told all secret of everyone to others. I am talking about periods against everybody. Please tell me suggestions.
I am feeling depressed all the time. I can't concentrate on my studies. I feel low self esteemed. I only think of negative thoughts. Can you please tell me how to get out of it.
Hello. Last 20 days was worst days of my life all time. I faced too much anxiety, depression,guilt and many panic attacks and feeling suicidal. Whatever after that I got my hiv negative status. Test done after 7 months of exposure. But still I have some mental illness Like feeling fearful and nightmares. I'm very healthy with athletic body. But don't know I'm feeling weakness in my legs when I'm depressed since 15 days. But when I'm in peace I feel no weakness in my legs. This thing is happening with me since 20 days. I don't know what is wrong with me. My body is alive but I'm not living life Please suggest me how can I get my life back. Please respond ASAP THANKS.
Hi I am 35 years old woman having stress because of my boyfriend always worried of my past relationships with other guys. Please advice
Hello sir I am 43 years old and having problem of depression. Pl advice me to over come from this problem.
I want to pursue my future in music but my voice isn't good enough, I lose breath easily, my tonsils are enlarged and get infected easily, I smoke, my voice is very big, I need to get my voice to change and make it sound like a professional singer, I am ready for surgery, allopathy, homeopathy anything. Please help, thank you.
I am 17 years old and is five hours sleep is enough for me? At what time I should sleep and I should wake up. I want to study hard. I can't remember what I have learned. Please tell me some tips doctor. Tnq.
I am 39 years old male and have sleeping disorder (poor sleeping) * anxiety *anger *negative thoughts again and again *irritation *memory loss.
I was feeling alone, feeling sad. Iwas sleeping for 12-16 hours per day, I do not have interest to do you anything. I do not have friends even to talk and chet chat with them.
I smoke 10 cigarette per day. I started smoking at the age of 17. My question is what will that affect to my body. Should it affect other body parts like brain?
I'm just depressed all time help me, I'm 31 years male past 6 years I have this problem because of shit loved a one girl, she not worried about anything she just enjoying life she got married 5 times different guy, but I am not able to change like her, I'm always thinking her I can't able to concentrate another work, and I spoils my career no job, I'm lonely feel no one like me, what I do, I went outing but also I remembering my days fun with her that place, were ever go I am just thinking him, why it's happening to me? please help me, in scientifically possible to format our brain to get fresh mind.
A cup of coffee or tea is not just enough to keep you alert throughout the day. They might be good for an early morning kick off. But you need a lot more in your diet to increase your concentration power.
Here’s a list of food items that work wonders in gifting you a focused mind:
- Coconut Oil: When it comes to your brain, coconut oil full of benefits, too. Coconut oil works as a natural anti-inflammatory, suppressing cells responsible for inflammation. It can help with memory loss as you age and destroy bad bacteria that hangs out in your gut.
- Dark Chocolate: It has been found that dark chocolate boosts the production of serotonin and endorphin. These are essential for increasing concentration. Dark chocolates are also useful antioxidants and are rich in vitamins, and minerals, including potassium and copper. It is believed by many that regular intake of cocoa improves the blood supply to the brain and thus increases concentration power.
- Blueberries: Are you fond of the tasty blueberries? There’s good news for you then. Blueberries are not just good for taste, they are memory boosters. According to a study published in 2010 in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, it has been found that people, who drank blueberry juice daily for two months, ended up having improved memory and concentration power.
- Egg Yolks: Yolks contain large amounts of choline, which helps in fetal brain development for pregnant women. It also breaks down bethane, a chemical that produces hormones related to happiness. That’s right, eggs can make you happy! If you’ve kept away from eating eggs whole because of cholesterol concerns, there’s good news. Studies show that eating eggs had no effect on the cholesterol levels of healthy adults and might, in fact, help raise good cholesterol levels.
- Walnuts: It turns out that eating walnuts can keep you from going nuts. Just munching on a few walnuts a day can improve your cognitive health. Their high levels of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals also improve mental alertness. The vitamin E in the nuts can also help ward off Alzheimer’s.
- Salmon: Believe it or not, but salmon improves your memory and concentration to a great extent. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, which is needed for rebuilding brain cells. Omega-3 is also good for enhancing the synapses in the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.