Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Salem and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravichandiran
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RavichandiranYour feedback matters!
Hi sir/mam, I am suffering from Anxiety and Depression from Last 5-6 months and I had tried all Medicines including Allopathy, ayurvedic & Now m Taking Homeopathy! But not the bttr result! I always think Negative and due to that I get in depression and feel alone and helpless! I always feel Worried that whats going to happened with me in negative way! Please help me and suggest me some natural ways to Kill Anxiety and Depression! Coz I want to live Happily With My 2 children! 1 is of 3 years old girl and anther is 20 day old boy! thanks Alot in Advance.
I had throat pain and fever last week, was normal for few days, now having high temperature and body weakness. Took antibiotics fr 3 days.
Dandruff is a common chronic scalp condition marked by flaking of the skin on your scalp. Dandruff isn't contagious or serious. But it can be embarrassing and sometimes difficult to treat.
Causes of Dandruff-
Your skin constantly produces new skin cells and sheds old cells to stay healthy. Dandruff can occur when this cycle of skin renewal speeds up.
This leads to patches of dead skin forming on the scalp that comes away into the hair. The main causes of flaky scalp can be due to:
- Seborrhoeic Dermatitis – A common skin condition associated with an overgrowth of yeast on the skin, which can cause the scalp, face and other areas of the body to become scaly, itchy and red.
- Tinea Capitis – A fungal infection of the scalp, also called scalp ringworm.
- Eczema – A common skin condition that causes the skin to become dry, red, flaky and very itchy
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis – a reaction to products used on the scalp, such as hair dye, hairspray, hair gel or mousse
- Psoriasis – A skin condition that causes red, flaky, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales
Dandruff isn't caused by poor hygiene, although it may be more obvious if you don't wash your hair regularly. Stress and cold weather may also make it worse.
Treatments for Dandruff-
The main treatment for dandruff is anti-dandruff shampoo. There are a number of types available to buy from supermarkets or pharmacies.
Look for shampoo containing one of the following ingredients:
Make sure you read the instructions that come with the shampoo before using it to check if it's suitable for you and see how often it should be applied. Always consult a dermatologist before taking any medication.
- It's particularly important to leave the shampoo into your hair for at least five minutes before washing it out.
- Try these shampoos for a month to see if your dandruff improves. Anti-dandruff shampoos are to be used only twice a week not daily. It can aggravate dandruff if overused. You might need to try more than one type to find one that works for you.
- You may be able to use the shampoo less often once your symptoms improve, but your dandruff will probably come back if you stop using it completely.
When to see your Dermatologist-
You don't usually need to see your dermatologist if you have dandruff, but it's a good idea to visit them if:
- you've tried anti-dandruff shampoos for at least a month and your symptoms haven't improved
- your dandruff is very severe or your scalp is very itchy
- your scalp is red or swollen
- you have a weakened immune system
Your dermatologist can examine your scalp to check for skin conditions that could be causing your dandruff.