Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Salem. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. P.Shanmukham.,M.S.,Your feedback matters!
I can not pull my skin back fully on my penis.Its kind of stitched at the tip is it a serious problem ? WHat can be done ? What's the cure ?
Dark discolouration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known as dark rings or shadows.
Some of the main causes behind the formation of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, prolonged crying, working for long hours in front of a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
Dark circles are not a serious skin problem, but they make people look tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. You can easily get rid of unsightly shadows under your eyes using some easy home remedies.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
1. Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
2. Leave it on overnight.
3. The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
4. Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
3. Raw Potato
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes. Make sure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
1. Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
2. Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
3. Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
4. Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks. Simply using tomato juice will also work.
- Drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
6. Lemon Juice
The vitamin C present in lemon juice can also help remove dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once daily for a few weeks.
- Make a thick paste by mixing one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes. Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat two or three times every week.
Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then discontinue its use.
7. Coconut Oil
Massaging with coconut OIL is another effective natural remedy to lighten dark circles. Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and prevents wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
1. Simply massage some extra-virgin coconut OIL on the under eye area.
2. Leave it on for a few hours, and then wash it off.
3. Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
1. Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
2. Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
4. Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.
9. Cold Compress
Cold compress can constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and help a lot in reducing eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in cold water or cold milk. Put it over your closed eyelids for several minutes.
- Alternatively, you can wrap a few ice cubes in a soft napkin and place it under your eyes for a few minutes. You can also use a bag of frozen peas, a chilled tea bag or a cold spoon.
Follow these remedies a few times daily.
Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help minimize dark circles. It will also make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
1. Mix two teaspoons each of turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste to the affected area.
3. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before wiping it away with a soft, damp cloth.
4. Do this daily until you get positive results.
- Get adequate sleep and rest.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
- Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
- To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
- Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
- Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
Sir, I have black spots as well as pimples on my face, so what medicine I should preferred. And also too much hair fall before 4-6 months. So I do to prevent hair fall.
Pls mujhe bataye ki aquifolium drops ka use kese karna he use 20 drops me pani milakar pina he kya. Pls tell me Sir/madam.
Sir mam I have a serious facial palsy and it will remain permanent bow should I live my life by having this type of face this is really troubling my face help me I am jusf 24 years old just .i will remain permanent sir help me .
I am male in 20years old. Im having dandruff problem ilts like scales. Im having oily skin. I'll wash my hair with shampoo twice a day but dandruff again continues. It causes me baldness at both side if my head (My father forehead is also big its maybe my gene. Due to this my face is becoming darker. I dono what to da. Shall I shave my head due to dandruff. Or else there is any other solution for my hair to bring back?
I have many black spots on my head and face. I am feed up of this black spot and pimples. Please say me how to cure this spots and pimples?
Red spots on my forehead, shoulders and legs comes and goes. What is could be? Pic attached. They are non itchy. Just red spots which comes sometimes and goes. This is first time I noticed on my forehead. It used to be on legs and shoulders only. Please advise.
I have pain in my anus since 3-4 days. I am not able to sit. Pain occurs whenever I sit or go for bowel or defecate. Please suggest for urgent relief.
I am 30 years female and I have a clump in my right breast and I have this from 20 yrs. Is this a cancer clump or just fibroid.
My wife is 6 months pregnant, black marks has came on her face, neck, shoulder, more on her face, her face has changed a lot pls give some suggestion, she is feeling uneasy she is worried about this what to give me a solution.
I have a black spot on skin as well as pimples and use the scar cream to remove the pimples but no response so what can I do?
I am black. Please give some eating tips to turn white. I mean I want only intake tips. I don't want anything apply. I want to turn white fast please give some fast and effective tips. Thank you.
My face is getting pimples again and again and it feels weird. And there are dark patches on my body in public parts, knee,elbow and below knees my skin looks darker. Can you please suggest me a quick and natural remedy for retaining and enhancing my skin tone?
I am 24 years old I have black mark on my fore head and even chicks dnt knw hw I m a male frm last two years hw can b cured.
Sir I am 20 yrs old. My inner thighs are 3 times darker than my face tone. My butt is also dark in color please help me to get rid of this.
By Dr Aabid Altaf Wani
Wrinkles are considered as signs of aging. Nowadays many men and women are suffering from premature wrinkles and fine lines on the face. Due to pollution, improper diet and stress the skin is getting damaged and thus the sign of aging are coming up early.
The main reasons behind wrinkles are a lack of nourishment and dry skin. There are many cosmetic creams available in the market which claims to remove the wrinkles. None of these creams actually work properly and has a risk of application of chemicals on your skin.
So, now if you are worried about how to get rid of wrinkles, then oils will come to rescue. The application of oils such as almond oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, olive oil and castor oil is very beneficial for you skin. Let’s look in detail how to treat wrinkles at home using oil remedies.
Best Oil Remedies to Treat Wrinkles
The application of oil on your skin provides necessary nourishment to the skin and keeps it hydrated. Many of the essential oil consist of anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties which help to protect the skin from infection and heal the damaged skin.
The oil remedies will help you to reduce the fine lines on the skin and delay the process of skin aging. Here is a collection of best oil remedies for you to treat wrinkles issue.
1. Almond Oil, Aloe Vera and Cocoa Butter Face Anti-Wrinkle Cream
Aloe vera is the best answer to queries about how to get rid of under eye wrinkles.
Aloe vera is a potent ingredient for treating the early signs of aging and it is even suitable for sensitive skin types. Cocoa butter softens the skin and helps to retain the skin’s natural moisture for preventing skin damage. Lavender oil is very therapeutic for reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
Rose water contains antioxidant properties which strengthen the skin cells. It even revitalizes the skin for delaying the signs of aging. Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which nourishes the skin cells and delays premature aging of the skin.
Choose this awesome anti-aging face mask for reducing under eye wrinkles.
Things you need
Aloe vera gel- 4 tsp
Cocoa butter- 3 tbsp
Lavender oil- 3 to 4 drops
Rose water- 3 tbsp
Almond oil- 6 tbsp
Blender Container- 1
Take a bowl and to this add one ingredient at a time.
Heat it to a lukewarm temperature and not hot.
Heat all ingredients separately and not together.
Then pour in all the lukewarm ingredients into a blending jar.
Blend the ingredients for 1 to 2 minutes till all the ingredients are well combined.
Later store this natural cream in a clean container.
Apply this anti-aging cream daily, twice on clean face.
This process must be repeated daily for preventing wrinkles under the eyes.
2. Olive Oil Application
To get rid of forehead wrinkles olive oil is a much preferred remedy. Olive oil possesses good amounts of antioxidants and skin essential vitamins for fighting the different signs of skin ageing.
Try this amazing oil to erase the fine lines easily.
Things you need
Olive oil- 1 tsp
Warm water- ½ cup
Take 1 tsp of olive oil.
Apply this olive oil all over the face and neck.
Then massage the face gently in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes so that the oil can penetrate deep into the skin.
Later saturate the muslin cloth in lukewarm water and squeeze out the excess water.
Then clean the skin with the muslin cloth to remove excess oils and keep the skin moisturized.
This process must be repeated every night before going to bed to prevent wrinkles on forehead.
3. Olive Oil, Glycerin and Honey Face Pack
Under eye wrinkles are even called as crow’s foot, which is easily visible even through makeup. To treat fine lines specifically in the sensitive area of eyes home remedies has proven very beneficial. In home remedies olive oil, glycerin and honey treats the delicate eye area effectively.
Olive oil deeply moisturizes the sensitive eye area without irritating the eyes.Glycerin is easily absorbable into the deeper layers of the skin thus plumping the skin around the eyes.
Honey’s natural humectants help to preserve the moisture levels in the skin cells, especially around the eye area. Choose this natural remedy to treat the crow’s feet effectively.
Things you need
Extra virgin olive oil- ½ tsp
Glycerin- ¼ tsp
Honey- 1 to 2 drops
Firstly heat olive oil to a lukewarm temperature.
Then add glycerin and honey into this lukewarm extra virgin olive oil.
Mix the ingredients well and apply this solution on wrinkles near the eye area using the ring finger.
Massage the eye area with ring finger very gently in circular motions.
Leave this solution on the eye area for 15 to 20 minutes.
Later rinse the eye area with warm water and pat the skin dry.
This process must be repeated every day at bedtime as its one of the most effective home remedies for under eye wrinkles.
How to Prevent Wrinkles?
Along with using these simple oil remedies following a few tips will help to prevent early signs of aging faster.
Avoid excess sun exposure.
Apply sun protection with UVB and UVA rays for preventing premature wrinkles.
Avoid excessive stress.
Get adequate 8 hours of sleep.
Always invest in good quality skin care products to avoid further skin damage.
Maintain a healthy and balanced diet by including fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet.
Avoid using skin care products with harsh chemicals and alcohol.
Indulge in regular exercises like yoga, cardio and aerobics for maintaining a healthy skin.
Practice meditation for avoiding signs of aging.
Avoid excessive smoking as its one of the culprits for premature aging of skin.
Intake junk foods and sugary foods in moderation.
Drink plenty of water for maintaining the skin’s elasticity.
Eat food rich in vitamin C and omega 3 fatty acids to maintain supple and wrinkle free skin.
These above mentioned oil remedies are amazingly beneficial to prevent wrinkles and sagging skin. Any kind of over the counter medication must be strictly taken only under the prescription of a dermatologist.