Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Salem and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.P.Senthil Kumar
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.P.Senthil KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir, my age is 27 but my personality is just like a 17 year boy. I need to develop my personality what to do sir.
An itchy, scratchy and burning throat is something we all experience, at least once a year, if not more. Depending on your body's immunity, it occurs more often. While there is good medication to cure the problem, there also exist home remedies which can cure it. Keep a note of these things also to prevent a bad throat.
Fix sore throat with:
1. Salt water gargle - this might not be new to you as it is the first remedy elders in the family advice about - to gargle with salt water. The warm water with salt in it relieves the discomfort in the swollen tissues and pulls the mucous out.
2. Over-the-counter throat lozenges: these are extremely convenient and dependable. On days when the throat won't stop itching and you have a lot of speaking to do, these lozenges help calm the itching. They contain menthol which makes the throat tissues numb. Cough drops and candies ensure constant production of saliva in the mouth. These have choking hazards though, so avoid giving to children.
3. Ginger, clove, tulsi - chewing on pieces of ginger is beneficial. Ginger juice soothes the throat and calms the itching. Especially helpful during the nights, so that one can sleep peacefully. Cloves and tulsi leaves when chewed individually also give similar soothing effects to a sore throat.
4. Drink loads of water - it is important to stay hydrated because dehydration leads to decrease in production of mucous and saliva in the mouth. More fluids in the mouth help deal with sore throat better.
5. Warmth of honey - warm tea with honey is an ideal way to soothe the irritated throat. Honey is said to be effective in suppressing coughs.
6. Avoiding cold drinks - whatever you drink, make sure it is warm or even better, hot. Avoid drinking or eating anything cold as they will only aggravate the condition of the throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I have pimples and marks on my face and I do not look much fairer, so what should I do to remove marks and pimples and to look fair?
I have head ache came around monthly 3 times this ache continues to me from mummy side generation. Which steps I follow to stop this?
I am 18 years old. I can not sleep for 1week. So I have headache severely. I have taken medicine but could not get relieve. please tell me any way to get rid of it.
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.