Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Himanshu Singhal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu SinghalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I read about Dr Himanshu Singhal on one of the social media platform. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Dr Himanshu Singhal with great ease handled my wife's serious case of Eczema with ease. I was panicked, because I never thought my wife will suffer from eczema like this. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Singhal Skin Hospital. I found the Singhal Skin Hospital itself quite pleasant. During the complete eczema treatment program he always supported and motivated me. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
I was in too much pain because of male sexual problems, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. Finally I chose to consult Dr Himanshu as one of my neighbour's recommended him . I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. With great ease he explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. They took very nice care of me,I am happy with the treatment.
The pigmentation treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. The complete process of pigmentation treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. I was in too much stress because of pigmentation, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. All the staff members were very helpful. Himanshu Singhal has expert knowledge in the field.
I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my issue of pimples. . Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Himanshu Singhal and the pimples treatment I didn't lose hope. Both he and staff were very helpful.
My skin was getting damaged day by , I was quite worried.f Later I searched for few dermatologist and I chose to consult Dr Himanshu. He is really a great doctor. I am quite benefitted with his skin treatment and I owe him a big thank for this. His advices and treatment really helped me to get my glowing skin back. I am glad that I chose to consult him.
I was very stressed due to wrinkles on my face and loose skin. I consulted dr Himanshu Singhal for advices on anti ageing. He gave me great advices and medicines to take which will make my skin healthy again. I am very happy post the treatment as it fulfilled its promises.
I was bored of my tattoo so I wanted a tattoo removal treatment. I am so happy that I chose Dr Himanshu for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. The complete process of tattoo removal was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him.
I consulted dr Himanshu Singhal for the problem of allergy that i was going through and I must say that he is a very caring, smart and friendly doctor that has made wonders in the past. He can be consulted at Singhal Skin Hospital in samtal
He told me some gud tablet's and it cleared.i am facing from two years but after consulting Himanshu Singhal sir it has cleared.thank you very much sir
Dr. Himanshu Singhal provides answers that are very helpful. how to regrow those hair ? that is area is clean now like there was no hair
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Himanshu Singhal to be very helpful. Thanks sir it was nice talking to you
Dr. Sc Gupta
Excellent domain knowledge with great work ethics, keep up the good work!!
Very gud experience .. excellent knowledge of problems.
Experience with doctor himanshu was very good.
One of the best dermatologist to consult with
Best facility and experienced doctor
Do you get embarrassed while you pout for a quick selfie? Well, dried and chapped lips may spoil your entire look. Your photogenic appearance may also get ruined up due to the bad health of your lips. Your personality gets a booster dose when your pout is perfect and beautiful. Lips are essential for your perfect sexual life too.
Lips are devoid of oil glands, unlike the other portions of your face or skin. Thus, they tend to dry up soon. There can be a number of reasons behind dried lips. Blame it on the weather or any disease; your lips are more prone to ill-health and dullness. You need to be extra careful about the moisture retention in the lips.
Here are some of the most common reasons for bad lips:
- Heredity: Most of the times, you will have to blame your genes for dry and pigmented lips. These cannot be treated with cosmetics.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and imbalance during pregnancy lead to dark patches on the face, especially on the lips, nose tips, cheek and forehead. This is commonly termed as the mask of pregnancy. The problem ends as soon as pregnancy is complete.
- Dehydration: Lips get dull and cracked as you forget to consume the right amount of water throughout the day. Dehydration not just affects your skin, but adversely impacts the lips too.
- Smoking: Researchers believe that smoking leads to darkening of the lips. It also leads to discolouration of the teeth.
- Poor diet: Food deficient in essential vitamins and minerals leads to dryness and dullness of the lips. Deficiency of vitamin E and C affects the health of lips.
- Coffee addiction: Consumption of too much of coffee leads to darkening of lips.
- UV Rays: Excessive exposure to sun rays is a major cause for developing dark lips. UV rays affect the skin adversely.
How to get beautiful lips?
You can follow the tips below to get beautiful lips:
- Exfoliate your lips. Use sugar and honey to make a scrub for your skin. Rub it on the lips for 5 minutes and rinse it. Honey is an antioxidant that restores the quality of your damaged lips and sugar removes the dead cells.
- Keep lips moisturised. You must apply lip balms and SPF-containing lip creams/lotions to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
- Drink a lot of water to maintain the fluid levels in the body.
- Use a humidifier at your residence in dry weather to keep the moisture intact.
- Wrap your face with a scarf when going out in cold weather or out in the sun.
- Don’t bite your lips, or lick them. Saliva causes drying up of lips.
- Visit a dermatologist if you are suffering from severe drying up of lips.
Mesotherapy is a hair growing technique that is non-invasive. Superficial micro-injections are made below the epidermis of the skin to specific tissues. The term meso has originated from mesoderm which is the second or middle layer of the skin. This treatment can successfully trigger the mesoderm thereby relieving an array of ailments and symptoms. The injected solution is a combination of co-enzymes, amino acids, minerals and vitamins. The solution is tailored to suit each patient’s condition and their treatment plan.
How is mesotherapy used for hair regrowth?
Mesotherapy is used around the world for successful hair regrowth. It is a painless procedure when performed by an expert. Local anesthesia and dressing are not required for this procedure. Some of the broad objectives that could be achieved via this procedure include the regrowth of hair follicle, neutralization of excess dihydrotestosterone and the stimulation of blood circulation around the skull area.
Highlights of the mesotherapy procedure:
This procedure involves the application of both chemical and physical stimulation. A small dose of a variety of medications is administered by a hair expert in certain areas of the skull. The dosage and the area of administration would be decided based on the condition of the person getting treated. The solution acts like a bullet and targets the specific areas of the skull.
- Mechanical: A needle is used to create a microspore into the skull. This helps to create elastin and collagen- the two most important ingredients for hair growth. This process doesn’t interfere with the hair already present but ensures the growth of new hair follicles.
- Chemical: A chemical solution is injected into the skull to stimulate hair growth. This solution helps in improving the blood circulation, reducing inflammation and increasing collagen and elastin. The composition of the solution is made based on the specific issues of each patient and therefore varies between patients.
Duration of the treatment:
Each session of mesotherapy lasts for around 10 to 30 minutes. The timing is purely based on the surface area of the skull that is being treated. On an average, it requires around 10-12 sittings or sessions with an expert to stimulate hair growth. To start with, an intensive treatment plan is required for the first couple of months to see visible results. Once the patient starts responding to the treatment, the frequency of treatment gradually decreases. To ensure that the hair grows naturally and there is no hair fall after the treatment is complete, a maintenance treatment might be necessary every quarter.
The price of the treatment is dependant on the number of sessions required to stimulate hair growth. Some experts also charge based on the extent of hair fall and the chances of hair revival. There are experts who charge on an hourly basis as well.
Similar to blackheads are whiteheads, which develop on our skin. Both blackheads and whiteheads are caused due to clogged pores. However, as opposed to blackheads, whiteheads cannot be extracted by squeezing. Whiteheads are a form of acne that is referred to as closed comedo. They appear on the skin as small round white or light-coloured bumps. When excess oil is secreted in the skin, dead skin cells clog the pore area and block the pore opening, whiteheads are formed. Unlike blackheads that keep the pore open, whiteheads, on the other hand, block the pores.
Causes of whiteheads
Clogged pores are the prime reason that causes whiteheads, and they can occur due to any of the following reasons:
- Excessive oil secretion or sebum
- Hormonal changes occurring due to puberty, pregnancy, and menstruation
- Birth control pills
- Sweating and humidity
- Use of certain cosmetics or products that are harmful
- Eating excessive oily or greasy foods
- Genetic predisposition
Treatment of whiteheads
Over-the-counter (OTC) creams or prescribed medications by a dermatologist are the ideal treatments for whiteheads. Self-care and some preventive measures will also keep them at bay. OTC creams that contain salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol or sulphur may be helpful. With extreme conditions, oral medications like isotretinoin, or Accutane may be prescribed, but these come with potential side effects.
Practising some of the following preventive self-care measures will prevent formation of whiteheads:
Wash your skin twice daily with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Don’t squeeze pimples.
- Practice caution while shaving.
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Use oil-free skin products.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Opt for non-comedogenic or non-pore-clogging products.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing made of non-synthetic fabrics to let your skin breathe.
- Wash your hair regularly.
- Use fragrance-free water-based emollient for dry skin.
- Continue your skincare regimen.
Here are some remedies you can try to get rid of whiteheads:
- Baking soda scrub: Make a homemade scrub mixing one tsp. of baking soda with enough water to make a paste. Scrub it into the problem area. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and astringent that eradicates all impurities, which clog the pores. It also balances the oil production in the skin.
- Tea tree oil: Dab a cotton swab with tea tree oil and apply it on the whiteheads to prevent bacterial infection.
The above are just some measures to avoid whiteheads. If the problem persists, then it's time to seek medical assistance and schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to eradicate these pesky whiteheads.
Depending on the way you look at it, a mole can be a beauty spot or a blemish. For most people, facial moles are undesired. Moles can be described as clusters of pigmented skin cells. They appear in the form of dark spots on the skin that vary in size, color and texture. Apart from the face, moles appear commonly on the arms and legs but can affect any part of the body. In most cases, moles are harmless but in some cases, they may turn precancerous and need to be removed. However, most moles are removed for only cosmetic reasons. Moles can be removed through home remedies, surgery or laser treatment.
Mole removal depends on the type, size and location of the mole. When treated with lasers, layers of the mole are removed one by one by evaporating the affected cells. This does not cause any sort of bleeding and does not disturb healthy tissues adjacent to the mole. It is also considered to be a largely pain-free procedure but you may feel a slight tingling sensation. After the laser procedure, a scab forms over the affected area which later falls off. You may also notice slight swelling and redness in the area for a few days after the procedure.
- As it is a non-invasive procedure, there are minimal chances of infection
- Multiple moles can be treated in a single session
- Laser beams can reach parts of the face, nose and ears that may be difficult to reach through other procedures.
- There are minimal disturbance and injury to the adjacent healthy tissues
- Healing is much faster than with other procedures
- There is a very low chance of scarring
However, one of the biggest disadvantages of laser therapy is that it can only be used to treat surface moles as the laser beam cannot penetrate deep into the skin. Also, laser treatment, if not recommended in cases where the mole may be considered precancerous as the laser beam will destroy the mole leaving nothing that can be used for a biopsy. Lasers are also seldom used to treat large moles or birthmarks. The cost of removing a mole with laser treatment depends on the size, location and number of moles. In some cases, more than one session may be required and this too could influence the cost of the procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
PRP is a latest, state of the art technology that employs non-surgical methods to stimulate hair growth in case of hair loss. Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How does PRP work?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not go for PRP Treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
A skin tag is a diminutive, harmless, extension of skin that is usually attached from beneath the skin by a tiny support stalk. These skin tags are seen in places which are exposed to frequent friction with clothes or areas that have more skin to skin friction. They hang out from the skin surface. They commonly occur in the neck, underarms, groin, and upper chest. Medically a skin tag is termed as an acrochordon. Often skin tags are also identified as soft warts, fibroma pendulum, pedunculated fibroma, or soft fibromas.
Reasons why they happen
Skin tags comprise of blood vessels surrounded by skin and loose fibers of collagen. Collagen is a kind of protein located all through the body. Anybody can develop a skin tag irrespective of gender and age, but elder people are prone to skin tags especially those who have type 2 diabetes.
Skin tags tend to evolve in the layers of the skin folds, where the skin rubs against itself as mentioned earlier, but it is also observed that few individuals get skin tags without any such reason. This is also a reason why skin tags occur more in overweight people as they have more skin folds that are susceptible to chafing.
Why should you get them removed?
Most skin tags don't need treatment as they are harmless, but at times people do tend to discard them for cosmetic purpose or may be out of discomfort when they rub against skin or clothing. Checking with your physician in case you doubt the shape of the skin tag and suspect a cancerous element. In such scenario, you will be recommended biopsy for further proceedings if any.
How is a skin tag removed?
A skin tag is removed through few procedures. Your doctor can consider any of the procedures mentioned below:
- Cryotherapy: Cryotherapy requires chilling the skin tag with nitrogen fluid. Your physician may spray or swab a little amount of liquid nitrogen onto the skin tag. After the treatment, you may have a small blister which will heal by itself.
- Surgical removal: In the case of surgical removal, the skin tag is cut with a scalpel or scissors. The cut might sometimes be deeper in which case the cut will require stitches. Surgical removal has the advantage of obliterating the skin tag, but there is a risk of minor bleeding. Removal of skin tags doesn't require a full anesthesia. Local anesthesia is sufficient.
- Electro Surgery: Electro Surgery is another remedy where the skin tag is burned with electrical energy in high-frequency. The heat is applied through the narrow stem that holds the skin tag to the skin.
- Ligation: Ligation is yet another method where a surgical thread is tied up to remove the tag.
There are also natural remedies, such as using lotions or essential oils over a period or also over the counter medicines but then a doctor’s advice is always essential to prevent the scope of any scarring, to bleed or other such side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The skin is exposed to many things, which causes it to lose its luster and appear dull. Apart from the external factors certain internal factors also cause skin darkening. Internal factors, such as what you eat and how much you exercise also affect its condition and thus in turn, affects how you look. Your skin may develop dark spots, blemishes and tan. Let’s look at some of the ways this can be tackled resulting in fairer skin.
Changing lifestyle habits and your daily routine:
- Protection from the sun: Many of the blemishes and spots on your skin are due to the exposure you have had to the sun. Thus ensure that you have sufficient UV protection with the best possible SPF levels that suit your skin. Generally, in Indian climate, an SPF count of 30 is recommended. However, the correct SPF count would depend on one’s skin texture. Wear hats as well as sunglasses while outside to prevent tanning as well as dark circles.
- Exfoliate regularly: This is an important step as most of the dead skin cells on your body are darker in skin tone than the newer cells beneath them. If you exfoliate regularly, then this layer of dead skin cells will be removed making you fairer. However, don’t exfoliate more than two times a week as it would lead to excessively dry skin.
Homemade lightening treatments for your skin:
- Turmeric paste: You can make turmeric paste with either olive oil or milk and then make it into a mask. Apply it and keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Doing this for a few days should result in noticeable results.
- Lemon Juice rinse: Mix equal amounts of lemon juice from half a lemon with water in a glass. Then dab this mixture on your face body and hands and keep it there for 20 minutes or so. Apply moisturizer and don’t go out in the sun immediately. Do this for a few days a week and you should see results quickly.
- Potato rub: Cut a potato into thick slices and ensure that you rub it over the face or on areas where you want to lighten the skin.
- Other treatments: Other home remedies also include, green coconut water rinses, honey lemon masks and papaya masks among others.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Melasma is a condition that causes the skin to bear a patchy appearance with dark and discoloured segments. It is also commonly known as chloasma when it is found in pregnant women. This is a condition that can be found in women more commonly than it is found in men. Let us cast a glance on the symptoms, causes, as well as the ways of identifying and treating this condition.
- Identifying Melasma: There are many symptoms with which one can identify and recognise Melasma. These include brownish coloured patches that may appear on the cheeks, forehead, chin and even the bridge of the nose. These patches will usually be much darker than the actual skin colour of the patient, which makes them stand out even more prominently. One will generally see these symmetrical patches on either sides of the face and other parts of the body that are left exposed to the Sun for prolonged hours, on a regular basis. These symptoms can help you in identifying the condition, in which case you must immediately see a dermatologist who will help in formal diagnosis and immediate treatment.
- Causes: The causes of Melasma are unknown so far. Sensitivity to estrogen and progesterone are also considered as the cause behind the advent of this skin condition, especially during menopause and for women who regularly take birth control and other hormonal pills for any other ailment. Constant exposure to the Sun can also alter the cells that create and control one's pigment also known as melanocytes.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of Melasma is done with the help of a physical examination that will study the area that has been affected. Thereafter, the doctor may perform the wood's lamp examination where a light is held up against the skin so that the doctor can check the depth of the skin that has been affected. A biopsy may be conducted for more severe cases by taking a small portion of skin tissue and examining under the microscope.
- Treatment: Most women report that Melasma disappears on its own. These patches slowly fade after delivery, or once the birth control pills and hormonal therapy stop. One needs to use a good sunscreen at all times of the day. A light makeup helps to camouflage the condition. The dermatologist can also ask you to use certain medicated creams that can help in fading the patches to a great extent. Also, chemical peels and dermabrasion are other mild procedures that can be carried out in such cases, to exfoliate the top layer of the skin. Q switched laser helps to treat the resistant dermal melasma cases. One must remember that these ointments and procedures do not guarantee that the condition will not recur in the future. In several patients, Melasma needs maintenance treatment to prevent recurrence.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We all love that perfectly glowing skin that has no marks or signs of ageing like moles, tags, fine lines, dark circles and many others. However, for most of us, this remains an imaginary picture that we have in mind. What stares back at us in the mirror has some of the noted features, in various combinations. However, the desire for that blemish-free skin without any of these continues and is actually not far from reality too.
Some major irritants causing skin scars are as follows:
- Vascular marks including thread veins and broken capillaries.
- Spider nevus is a spider web like structure with a central vessel and surrounding capillaries dilated radiating away from it. Similarly, blood spots are red, vascular spots that come with ageing.
- Skin tags or milia or warts these are harmless, but esthetically concerning and can irritate, if found in an area where it interferes with the garments
- Age spots or brown spots that occur due to sun exposure are also harmless but are esthetic concern.
- With esthetics attaining such importance, new ways are constantly being identified to help people improve their looks. While there are various creams and lotions and serums with promises of various chemicals that can do wonders, there actually are procedures that have a scientific basis and can produce results more quickly and effectively.
The following are some popular advanced cosmetic procedures (ACPs) that can help clear these blemishes and produce a spotless, clear skin.
- Chemical peels: This is an exfoliation process done in the clinic, by removing the top layers of rough skin, thereby, making space for new skin to grow. It stimulates growth of collagen and elastin, and promoting new skin growth. It can also be combined with topical antioxidants such as tretinoin and vitamin C, which are proven beneficial for the skin.
- Dermabrasion: Used in a variety of conditions (acne, wrinkles, blemishes), it works on layers that are far deeper than a chemical peel. A rotating brush is used to remove the upper layers of the skin, leaving the underlying layers open. The removed layers of the skin may form a scab, and can be mildly painful. The doctor may decide to use a mild local anesthetic if required.
- Laser skin resurfacing: The skin has an upper thicker layer and an inner thinner layer. A small amount of laser is applied to the underlying layers to stimulate them to produce collagen. The top layers are kept cool with a gel. The extra collagen produces improves elasticity and produces younger looking skin, removing all blemishes.
All these are equally proven ways to treat blemishes. The decision of choosing one particular method should be completely based on your expectations.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In medical world, there are countless accidental discoveries. Doctors realise that something used for one purpose can be used for another condition. The side effect of one drug could be used to treat another disease altogether. There are numerous instances but the botulinum toxin would be the first that comes to the mind.
The neurotoxin extracted from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum was used to treat strabismus, which is an eye condition where there is an excessive muscular contraction. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine, thereby blocking the muscle contractions. It is actually a neurotoxin and causes temporary paralysis of the muscles. Eventually, it began to be used for cosmetic reasons to paralyse muscles that cause ageing and frowning.
Gradually, Botox made its way into more remedies including removal of wrinkles, cerebral palsy, migraines, excessive sweating, bladder spasms and depression. There are many studies relating how Botox has improved a person’s happiness quotient. Read on to know some substantiating facts:
Anti-aging Effects: One of the common things we all smile at is ourselves – the reflection we see in the mirror. Botox is an anti-aging agent beyond doubt and is the most common agent to reduce wrinkles and reduce aging effects. When you are happy with what you see in the mirror, you definitely feel good and happy. This is something that gets spread and overall emotional well-being is improved.
Anti-frown: Botox injections are also done along the frown lines, where the muscles responsible for frowning are treated. This ensures the person is less frowning. The effect is contagious. When you see someone not frowning or unhappy, you loosen up and lose that frown too (or smile if you did not have a frown in the first place). This effect spreads and the overall environment or ambience just becomes a happier one. The same applies to the anger expression. There is less anger that is visible on a person’s face, and therefore, the other person/people perceive less anger. This ensures there is a smoother environment.
Anti-Depressant: Botox has been used for treating depression widely, and there are studies to corroborate that Botox, when used for treating depression, improves the happiness quotient. It may be due to multiple reasons, including improved appearance, but it definitely has some effect on the psychology in addition to removing wrinkles on the face. It is not necessary that people should be depressed to feel better. Even in people with no depression, the usage of Botox has improved their well-being.
So, the next time you think of Botox, do not just think of the various celebrities who fail to age over decades. The Botox could be giving them more reasons to be smiling and happy.