Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Rangareddy and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.B Rajendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
I have a 1 years child. He doesn't have hair in the front of his head. What should I do growth of his hair in front of his head. I had taken his hair for 4 times. But the result was the same.
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do. 1.
Dear Sir, My daughter aged 8 years old getting dry cough. Nosy and fever from 2 days onwards. I am giving paracetamol half tab and half for cough. But no result yet, what should I do?
My son is 4 and 1/2 years old. His hemoglobin level is 3.5. As per the direction of local doctor he has admitted in hospital and 2 units of blood transfused to him on 2 days one unit each. Now the hgb level increased to 7. Indication of peripheral smear test showing the impression to go for bone marrow aspiration test. Can you tel me what are the diseases related to this? and how much cost for bone marrow aspiration test?
My baby is 6 weeks. She does not look at me. But she looks n follows his dad. I feel like emptynes. Is the reason being I lack something .or being c section I was the last to hold her? Does any other pschyology behind.
She is only for 10 month old and my big daugther is 2 and half year old and she have a small white doted in his face.
My baby when born is iucr and he is 2 now but he is not healthy not eats food what to do. Please tell to make him healthy.
Fever in children is a very common phenomenon, but still parents absolutely dread it. It can completely break your heart to suddenly see a happy, healthy child not getting up from the bed. Your first instinct when that thermometer crosses that dreaded 100 degrees F is to rush to the doctor for an immediate cure. That is probably the best remedy as a doctor can often catch additional signs of any disease that you may miss out on. Beyond that, here is how you can understand about fever in children better and how you can help. Technically, your child has fever when the body temperature crosses 100.4 degrees F.
Some children manage to stay active even then, but slowly get bogged down with muscle pain or other accompanying symptoms like cold, diarrhea, vomiting etc.
- Causes: Fever is normally caused by the body's reaction to fighting an infection. (That is why most doctors say it's a sign of a robust immune system). When the body's natural defense system is stimulated, the core inner temperature rises, thereby making it harder for the bacteria and viruses that caused the infection to survive. Most fever subside on their own but that's a tough thing to accept as a parent who only wants to see their child up and running as soon as possible.
- What you can do: Keep an eye on that temperature obviously. You need to find a doctor the moment the fever crosses the threshold temperature (101+ for less than three months olds, 102+ for 3-6 month olds and over 102 for older children). You should also see a doctor if there are accompanying symptoms or if you've given a dose of Paracetamol but the fever shows no sign of subsiding. It might happen at midnight and beyond, when no regular pediatrician is unavailable. So it is best to find out which hospital has an emergency center capable of handling such eventualities near your home.
- Fever medications: It is super important for parents to know that fever medications must be given in the correct dose at the right times based on a child's weight, age, and overall health. An overdose can lead you straight to the emergency room. Don't mix a cold/cough medication that also has a fever medication in it.
- Home remedies: Encourage your child to drink as much fluids as possible to prevent dehydration. Some doctors advise complete body sponging to bring down the temperature and this can be done as long as it doesn't cool the body too suddenly (there are contradictory notes on this practice, so do consult you doctor before your do this).
As parent, it is important you equip yourself with the right knowledge before you provide treatment to your child.
Your kid's weight should be a real matter of concern for you. In today's world, the number of obese and overweight children is increasing at an alarming rate. Gaining excess weight and being obese poses the risk of numerous health problems in children. The disorders are diabetes, heart diseases, asthma and many others. Obese children face a lot of problems in their social lives, are teased and neglected. This causes lack of self-confidence and self-esteem in obese children. They develop a negative body image and depression. However, by taking proper measures, your child can regain normalcy. Eating disorders may also occur in obese children, and they are also likely to develop substance abuse habits.
The major medical conditions that an obese child can face are:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Problems in bones and joints
- Sleep disorders
- Liver and gall bladder disorders
Is your kid having the right weight?
The growth rate in children varies with time and stages. Hence, it is difficult to tell whether your kid is overweight. You should measure your child's BMI to find your answer. BMI or body mass index uses the height and weight measurements of a person to calculate the amount of body fat and is used for screening obesity problems. BMI is effective in general and provides accurate data. In some cases, it may be imperfect. In case your kid has a high BMI for age measurement, other assessments are made to detect obesity. The assessments include skin thickness measurement, diet evaluation, physical activity and family history.
How to check obesity in your kid?
In order to rectify obesity, a lot of changes must be made in a child's regular habits and schedule.
- Food patterns: You should feed your child a wide range of fruits and green, red, orange and yellow vegetables. Having a proper breakfast reduces chance of obesity and should not be avoided. Focus on healthy cereals and fruits. Other than reducing the intake of chocolates, desserts and fried junk food, food items containing hidden sugar should be avoided. Go for low sugar food items. The meal times of your child should be fixed, and this pattern should be followed. Also limit having outside food. Avoid foods, which contain trans fats.
- Physical exercise: Your child should be involved in regular physical exercise or workout. Let them go out of home and exert themselves, as this would keep them fit and away from obesity. For obese children, exercise will burn calories and help in losing weight.
Your kid's weight should really concern you. You should avoid your kid getting obese and make him/her follow all necessary precautions. In case you suspect obesity in your kid, get the BMI measured. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My niece who takes normal diet and is of 9 years of age is really very weak physically. Kindly suggest some solution for improving her health.
My daughter is 6 years old, she suffered from saline infection after her premature birth in right arm. We already operated plastic surgery two times in pgi chandigarh but still growth of the arm is not as left arm and scar is wide please suggest us what to do ?
I am concerned about introducing certain food to my 6 months old as she hasn't pooped for last 3 days. Is it okay to give barley cereal, brown rice, ragi,sooji, kellogs oats and veggies during night. Which foods from above should be given to the baby at night and which all fruits to be given and when.
My son age is 10 but he did not drink milk daily. Sometime he drink boost with milk. Is this good ? Please suggest which one is good ?
I have a one year old girl child. Her head temperature is not normal. And sweating. What is the problem doctor.
A spoonful of honey can quieten children?s? night time cough and help them and their parents sleep better.
When compared to the cough syrup ingredient dextromethorphan or no treatment, honey came out on top. According to a study from Archives of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, the results are so strong that it can be said that honey is better than no treatment and dextromethorphan was not in children with upper respiratory infections (URIs). There is currently no proven effective treatment for cough due to an URI like the common cold. While dextromethorphan is widely used, there is no evidence that it works, and it carries risks.
Honey is used around the world as a home remedy for cough, and might provide a safe, effective alternative to cough medicine.
To investigate its role, the researchers compared buckwheat honey, a honey?flavoured dextromethorphan preparation, and no treatment in 105 children who had sought treatment for night time coughs due to colds. Among the three groups, children given honey had the greatest reduction in cough frequency and severity, and the most improved sleep, as did their parents. Its sweet, syrupy quality may be soothing to the throat, while its high antioxidant content could also be a factor. Honey also has antimicrobial effects.
Honey is not recommended for infants younger below one year of age because of the risk of botulism spores.