Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Ranchi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sneha Verma
Submit a review for Dr. Sneha VermaYour feedback matters!
Hi friends. My name is Dr. Amrapali Dixit and I am practicing gynaecologist in the area of Manisar, Gurgaon. Today we will be talking about a cancer that is cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is the cancer of mouth of cervices which we scientifically name as cervices. Why are we talking about this cancer? For two very important reasons. 1, it is the most common cancer in Indian females and 2nd because it is easily preventable by a very very simple test. So from the condition of a pre-cancer stage to a cancer stage in cases of cervical cancer is a long one. It might take even 10 or 15, 20 years from a pre-cancerous stage to actual cancer to develop and this is the time that we can intervene and relive you of the symptoms and any chances of having cancer. What causes this cervical cancer? In almost 99% of cases the association has been seen with a virus which is known as HPV or the human papillomavirus and the infection with this HPV is so common that by midlife, by the age of 40-45 years almost 80% of us females are infected by this virus. But that does not mean all of us are going to have cervical cancer. 80% of this infection gets resolved on its own within 2years of infection. It’s only a very small percentage of women in which this HPV persists. In this, we call it as a persistent HPV infection. And these are the women who are at a little higher risk of contriving this cervical cancer and there are two particular strains of HPV virus, which are known to be high risk more associated with the cervical cancer these are the strains, HPV 16 and HPV 18. So once the persistent infection is there in the body. It might cause certain changes in the cells of your cervics altimately leading to cervical cancer. The symptoms of precancerous stage and early cancerous are very very nonspecific. It might present as irregular bleeding, bleeding after intercourse bleeding in cases of post pinopausl females who already had sensation of there menses, pain during intercourse, thick, white, yellow or even fouth smelling discharge or nonspecific pelvic pain. How do we diagnose the cancer? Well, by the time actual symptoms start troubling you the cancer are usually in advance stage. So the problem here is that we need to diagnose it in early cancerous or pre-cancerous stages and for this we have a very very simple test called the pap smear test. What is the Pap smear test? It’s a very simple test which can be done by the gynecologist in your routine visit to a gynecologist. We just take a small sample of your discharge which is coming out from the cervices and then we subject it to microscopic studies, and that tell us whether your cell are having any changes which are suggestive of pre-cancerous or early cancerous stage. Along with that we can also test the same discharge for the presence of HPV infection and based on that your treatment can be done. Just the infection can be treated by antibiotics. If you have any early cancerous or pre-cancerous changes there are other treatments like, the cervices can be excised or we can have curio and various methods are available and also, these days we do have vaccines coming against HPV. So if we can prevent our girls from HPV infection right in the adolcence, well we are protecting them potentially, life threatening disease which is a cancer. So girls and ladies and even the once who have had menopause always be attentive to how and what your body is trying to tell you. Look out for these symptoms and if you have any doubt do visit your gynecologist for a routine Pap smears test. And to know more about this disease and how we can fight with it, you can contact me through Lybrate or visit my clinic which is at sector 1 Manisar by the name of Yashloog medical centre.
I am 31 years. Old housewife. My weight is 85 kgs. I want to loose weight. What should I do? can you provide a diet chart?
How can I put on my weight? Age: 23y 11m. Present weight 50.6kgs. Height 165cms. What healthy diet should I follow?
My mother having pain in breasts, she is 49 years old. The pain starts from breasts and effects upper arms. If touched hardly feels like some lumps are there inside the breasts. She don't have any smoking or alcohol habits. Kindly suggest what would be the problem. Can we go for mammogram for both areas?
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.