Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Ranchi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay Kumar Verma VermaYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir/Madam, My mother is a 64 years old woman. She has both her TKR (Total Knee Replacement) done 3 years ago due to severe osteoarthritis. Post operation, the disorder of nerves started along with severe pain on both legs. Last year she had developed cellulitis and was under treatment for quite a long time. She was advised to consult a neurologist and a rheumatologist. So please give me an advice how to tackle the situation and whom to consult. I'm presently located in Kolkata. Thanks.
I am 22 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for of days but have not got any relief. What should I do now?
I have sprained my leg while playing football the inner ankle bone joint pains while rotating the ankle and moving it left and right. There is no swelling but it pains when I twist it left and right.
When I look down in front and back. My neck pains. On myback I feel a stress like aome muscle is stretching.
L3/l4 disturb in nerves so right leg calf mussle pen last 4 years. Also inject on l3/l4 at hinduja hosp. But not progress.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.