Doctor in PAIN CURE
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for PAIN CUREYour feedback matters!
Emergency causes of headaches
- Collapse section
- Emergency causes of headaches has been expanded.
- Problems with blood vessels and bleeding in the brain can cause a headache. These problems include:
- Abnormal connection between the arteries and veins in the brain that usually forms before birth. This problem is called an arteriovenous malformation, or avm.
- Blood flow to part of the brain stops. This is called a stroke.
- Weakening of the wall of a blood vessel that can break open and bleed into the brain. This is known as a brain aneurysm.
- Bleeding in the area between the brain and the thin tissue that covers the brain. This is called a subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Other causes of headaches that should be checked by a health care provider right away include:
- Blood pressure that is very high
- Buildup of fluid inside the skull that leads to brain swelling (hydrocephalus)
- Buildup of pressure inside the skull that appears to be, but is not, a tumor (pseudotumor cerebri)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Infection in the brain or the tissue that surrounds the brain, as well as a brain abscess
- Swollen, inflamed artery that supplies blood to part of the head, temple, and neck area (temporal arteritis)
When to call the doctor
When to call the doctor has been expanded.
If you cannot see your provider right away, go to the emergency room or call 911 if:
- This is the first severe headache you have ever had in your life and it interferes with your daily activities.
- You develop a headache right after activities such as weightlifting, aerobics, jogging, or sex.
- Your headache comes on suddenly and is explosive or violent.
- Your headache is" the worst ever" even if you regularly get headaches.
- You also have slurred speech, a change in vision, problems moving your arms or legs, loss of balance, confusion, or memory loss with your headache.
- Your headache gets worse over 24 hours.
- You also have fever, stiff neck, nausea, and vomiting with your headache.
- Your headache occurs with a head injury.
- Your headache is severe and just in 1 eye, with redness in that eye.
- You just started getting headaches, especially if your are older than 50.
- You have headaches along with vision problems and pain while chewing, or weight loss.
- You have a history of cancer and develop a new headache.
- Your immune system is weakened by disease (such as hiv infection) or by medicines (such as chemotherapy drugs and steroids).
See your provider soon if:
- Your headaches wake you up from sleep.
- A headache lasts more than a few days.
- Headaches are worse in the morning.
- You have a history of headaches but they have changed in pattern or intensity.
- You have headaches often and there is no known cause.
Joint pain can occur anytime throughout the year, but in the cold and wet months of the winter you may find it harder to cope with.Although a change in the weather will not cause arthritis, it can worsen the symptoms.
Ways to stop the cold weather aggravating your aches and pains
1. Try to overdress rather than underdress because you can always remove a layer if you’re too hot. For those who suffer headaches, wrap your neck in a scarf.
2. Calcium Intake- Keep a watch on your calcium intake. Foods enrich with calcium are great for your joints and bones
3. Don’t stay out in the cold too long. Make the most of the time outside to warm your core, and get home and warm up to maintain the benefit – the best of both worlds.
4. Quit Smoking- It is a lesser known fact that people who smoke tend to have lower bone density and hence, are at higher risk of issues related to bones and joints. Quit smoking for a healthier lifestyle and robust bones!
5. Try to keep moving rather than shrinking into the sofa as this generates heat and improves flexibility and the range of joint movement.
6. Acknowledge the impact of the colder weather on pain.By making allowances and planning ahead you should find the winter months more tolerable than in the past.
7. A Balanced diest is important: People suffering from joint pains require a well-balanced diet. Foods enrich with Vitamin D, C and K are good for joint pains. Add orange, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes in your diet as they are the super foods and relieve knee pains. For those who have extremely low levels of Vitamin D, can also take supplements after prescription from the doctor. Adding sulphur rich food in your diet is another plus point!
I am suffering from back pain and also pain on upper part of right leg since 2 days. There is also pain on neck. I think due to cold pain is occur. Plzz suggest me.
My stomach is upset. I literally feel like mixing happens in my stomach. After going toilet, I feel free for 5 mins and again it continues.
My 10 years old boy suffering from stomach pain since 3 months due to swollen mesenteric lymph nodes he is getting pain everyday. There is 2 cm lymph node at upper right side abdomen. Using antibiotics and pain killers but no use.
Hi! Dr. My son is faraway form me, he told me morning today that he have complain of nausea, sweating and vertigo with pain in left arm. Dr. he is 18 yrs. And have headache also. Will you advise proper step to checkup & tests.
I'm diabetic patients. I want too know feel exercises to get control, and I got back pain too sometimes. So please suggest me better exercises to get rid of both.
I am having problems regarding the usage of mouse or track pad while using pc and how to overcome them?
I am an athlete and the bottom part of my ring finger pains when I do pull-ups with my fingers. This has been the case for a few months now. Is is just muscle strain or a pulley?
My dad is 63 years he us having a allot of joint pains his uric acid had increased a bit which cause arthritis is amala juice for him as my dctr has nt to hv pungent things.
Since 2-3 weeks I have started experiencing pain in my shoulder when I stand still for about 30- 45 mins. The pain is like as if I am holding my heavy backpack on my shoulders for some time. I don't know why it is so. I did not encounter any accident recently that may have caused this. Is it related to my diet? Or is it just normal? Please help.
Have headache nd nerves pain in head how can I take this tablet im using this since 3 days I got motions problem.
Hi, while doing cycling I got the pain in the right side gluten area, initially it was more, now the pain is reduced bit, due to that there is bit difficulty in balancing n pain sometimes goes below the knee area, what to do? I consulted 2 doctor they said it may b due to muscle strain.
Hello doctor. I am hvng pain in left arm and shoulder. So I got done ecg. Doctor said it is not completely normal. Although problem in ecg is not so prominent. Wat should I do?
I'm 20 years old female having stomach pain since yesterday. Got loose motion 4 to 5 times and 1 time vomited and having burps. Please suggest me some medicine .Thank you Regards Rakshsan sehar.
Everyday Habits That Can Cause Headache