Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr Rajeev's Abhi Health CareYour feedback matters!
What are the latest advancements in male contraceptions?
The drawback of surgical approaches (such as vasectomy), especially patient compliance and the low success rates with condoms has spurred research on hormonal contraceptive dosage forms. There is a dearth of investigations in the development of pharmaceutical preparations. Evolving technology in the 21st century as well as improvement in living standards further underline the need for new male contraception approaches, especially those that entail new drug delivery methods.
Here are few areas where male contraception is being researched and used in some countries
Hormonal contraception for men is possible, and we are at the threshold of an important breakthrough. Combined testosterone plus progestin administration is more effective and safer than testosterone alone. Combination of testosterone plus an anti-androgenic progestin has several advantages over other formulations. In combined therapy, single injection formulation may have better compliance.
- Conventional male contraception
- Abstinence (doesn't work well)
- Male condom
There are other methods being developed but not sure they are there yet. But for guys? Their options are stuck in a time warp. If a man wants to take pregnancy prevention into his own hands, his choice basically comes down to condoms, a vasectomy, withdrawal, or abstinence. That’s why it's so amazing that scientists are finally developing some real advancements when it comes to male contraception.
Researchers writing in the April issue of the Open Access Journal Contraception published a rundown of the top emerging options. A few hold real promise, particularly a daily or weekly pill that would deliver a dose of artificial hormones to a guy’s bloodstream, which would then act on reproductive hormones to stop sperm from being produced. Like the female hormonal pill, the male hormonal pill would be reversible. But also like the female hormonal pill, there appear to be side effects, among them acne, weight gain, and even trickier to work around, changes in testosterone levels that trigger a plunge in libido.
Non-hormonal techniques are also being developed, particularly a vaccine that immunizes men with antibodies to halt sperm production. This so-called male birth-control shot is encouraging, because it targets sperm directly (rather than targeting other hormones in the body) and doesn’t have the testosterone-lowering side effects of a hormonal pill. Each injection would last for long intervals (experts aren’t yet sure how long), but the pregnancy-preventing effects would be reversible, if and when a guy decides he’s ready to be a dad.
So when can you expect to see men rushing out to the pharmacy counter to pick up their new birth control Rx? “I think we may see a novel male contraceptive within 10-12 years, That may seem far off, but hey at least it’s finally within sight.
पीलिया नाम की बीमारी ऐसी है जो कभी न कभी हर किसीको हुई होती है। पीलिया जिसे हम जॉइंडिस नाम सेभी जानते हैं,यहबीमारीइतनी आम है कि गर्मियों के मौसम में सबसे ज्यादा होने वालीमुख्यबीमारियों में से यह एक है। पीलिया होने की सबसे अहम वजह है भारी गर्मी में बार बार प्यास बुझाने के लिए बाहर का प्रदूषित पानी पीना। मतलब आप समझ ही गए होंगे कि पीलिया होने की वजह है गंदे पानी और दूषित भोजन का सेवन। पीलिया आमतौर पर हेपेटाइटिस ए वायरस की वजह से होता है जो दूषित या संक्रमित खानपान से फैलता है। यही नहीं कई और बीमारियां हैं जिनके होने से लिवर पर असर पड़ता है, जो पीलिया होने की एक और वजह हो सकती है।पीलिया बच्चे बूढ़े किसीको भी हो सकता है। बस इसके होने की वजह और लक्षण के बार उम्र के हिसाब से अलग अलग नजर आते हैं। पीलिया वैसे तो प्राणघातक नहीं है पर अगर ज्यादा देर हो जाए तो खतरा बढ़ जाता है। इसलिए जरूरी है कि समय रहतेपीलिया का जल्द से जल्द लक्षण जानकर उसका इलाज किया जाए। अब आप लक्षण की पहचान कैसे की जाए इस सोच में ना पढ़ें क्योंकि आज हम आपको पीलिया के बारीक से बारीक सिम्पटम्स बताएंगे जिससे सही समय पर उपचार करके खुदको स्वस्थ और सुरक्षित रख सकेंगे।
पीलिया के सिम्पटम्स
1. नवजात शिशु को पीलिया
नवजात शिशु को होने वाला पीलिया वयस्कों को होने वाले पीलिया से काफी अलग होता है। शिशुओं को पीलिया लीवर की बीमारी की वजह से नहीं होता। बच्चों का लीवर इतना सक्षम नहीं होता कि वो वयस्कों के लीवर की तरह बिलिरुबिन को कम कर सके। इस वजह से रक्त में बिलिरुबिन जमा हो जाता है और पीलिया हो जाता है। बच्चों में होने वाले पीलिया के सामान्य लक्षण आंखों व त्वचा का पीलापन, अनिद्रा, भूख में कमी और बहुत तेज़ रोना आदि हो सकते हैं।
2. शरीर और आंखों का पीला होना
पीलिया शब्द ही पीले रंग से लिया गया है। त्वचा और आंखों के सफेद भाग का पीला हो जाना इस बीमारी का सबसे बड़ा लक्षण है। ऐसा बिलिरुबिन का स्तर गिरने के कारण होता है जो कि एक ऐसा पिगमेंट है जो लीवर में रेड ब्लड सेल्स नष्ट होने से पैदा होता है। इसलिए कोई भी बीमारी जो लीवर के सिस्टम को प्रभावित करती है उसमें भी बिलिरुबिन का स्तर ऊंचा हो सकता है और उसका प्रभाव त्वचा पर दिख सकता है।
3. स्टूल में चेंजेस
जिस इंसान को पीलिया होता है उसके बिलिरुबिन की अत्यधिक मात्रा का अधिकतर हिस्सा यूरीन में निकल जाता है लेकिन जितना हिस्सा बचता है वो पूरे शरीर की कोशिकाओं में फैल जाता है। और इसी वजह से स्टूल का रंग बदल जाता है।
4. पेट में दर्द होना
पीलिया बिले डक्ट में बिलिरूबिन की रूकावट के कारण भी हो सकता है। ये रूकावट आमतौर पर गालस्टोन के रूप में या फिर बाइल डक्ट में सूजन के कारण होती है। इससे पिगमेंट का स्तर बढ़ जाता है। बहुत से लोगों को ऐसे में पेट दर्द होता है। आमतौर पर ये दर्द पेट के दाहिने तरफ होता है।
5. पेशाब का रंग गहरा होना
आमतौर पर ऐसा होता है कि लाल रक्त कोशिकाएं बिलिरुबिन में और फिर बाइल कहलाने वाले एक पिगमेंट में बदल जाते हैं। बिलिरुबिन के असामान्य स्तर होने पर यूरीन में बाइल पिगमेंट की मात्रा बढ़ जाती है। इससे यूरीन का रंग गहरा हो जाता है।
6. वोमिटिंग होना
पीलिया में उल्टी और मतली की शिकायत भी हो सकती है। अगर इसका इलाज ठीक प्रकार से न किया जाए तो आगे चलकर ये समस्या बहुत बड़ी भी हो सकती है।
7. शरीर में इचिंग होना
कोलेस्टासिस की वजह से जिन लोगों को पीलिया होता है उनको खुजली की शिकायत भी हो जाती है।शुरुआत में खुजली हाथों में होती है और फिर पैरों में। फिर धीरे धीरे पूरे शरीर में फैल जाती है। रात को खुजली की ये समस्या काफी बढ़ जाती है।
8. नींद में प्रॉब्लम होना
जिन लोगों को पीलिया होता है उनमें नींद से जुड़ी समस्याएं काफी आम है। साथ ही, भावनात्मक कष्ट भी महसूस हो सकता है।
9. ज्यादा थकान लगना
जिन लोगों को पीलिया होता है उनमें सबसे सामान्य लक्षण थकान है। ये आमतौर पर प्राइमरी बाइलिअरी सर्होसिस, प्राइमरी स्केरोसिंग कोलेंजाटाइसऔर बाइल डक्ट सिंड्रोममें होता है।
10. दर्दरहित पीलिया
जब पीलिया में दर्द महसूस नहीं होता तो संभव है कि बालइ डक्ट में रुकावट आ रही हो। इस तरह के मामलों में पीलिया में, त्वचा पीली होने के साथ साथ, वजन घटना या दस्त या कब्ज़ जैसे लक्षण भी सामने आते हैं।
A cervical smear test is often known as a Pap test and is done to establish the changes that might have occurred in cells of the cervix. A small sample of cells is taken from the surface of the cervix and is tested for any abnormalities. The sample is spread on a slide or in some cases mixed with a liquid fixative and studied under a microscope. It is one of the most popular methods to test the abnormalities in your cells and can pinpoint point cervical cancers.
About the test
A typical cervical smear or Pap test is done to identify the changes that have happened to the cells of the cervix. Diagnosing them early can be beneficial in many ways and can lower your chance of cervical cancer. PAP smear or a cervical smear is a screening test for cervical cancer. For other cases, once the results of the cell growth are identified it is safe to seek other tests and medical options for diagnosis.
The procedure of typical Pap smear
The test is mostly recommended when you do not have the periods as the blood can interfere with the results. Also, before taking the test discuss with your doctor about the medications you are taking and in case you are under any birth control pills. No other special preparations are needed for the Pap test. Feel free to discuss with your doctor about the impact the test will have on you or on the pain levels, etc.The test is done by inserting a speculum into the vagina, which spreads it further. Later, a cotton swab is inserted to get the samples of cells from your cervix. The cells from the vagina are also collected in some cases and tested accordingly.
The risks involved
There no chances of risks when you go for such tests. You might feel a bit of pressure in your vaginal region and may experience a small bleeding after the testing. However, this is extremely normal. Also, there is no pain involved. If you experience heavy period and blood loss, you might experience minor discomfort when the test is being done.
The final result
Once the test is done, the results would be available usually within a week. The results can be categorized into normal and abnormal. If your cells are normal and no abnormality is found then the condition is termed as a normal result. In the case of abnormality in the cell structure, then it requires further evaluation and diagnosis to rule out cancer.
Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex.
- Having erection trouble from time to time isn't necessarily a cause for concern. If erectile dysfunction is an ongoing issue, however, it can cause stress, affect your self-confidence and contribute to relationship problems. Problems getting or keeping an erection also can be a sign of an underlying health condition that needs treatment and a risk factor for heart disease down the road.
- If you're concerned about erectile dysfunction, talk to your doctor — even if you're embarrassed. Sometimes, treating an underlying condition is enough to reverse erectile dysfunction. In other cases, medications or other direct treatments might be needed.
Headache is a quite common these days. Thanks to fast pace lifestyle of competition, corporate job, heavy on screen work, mobile chatting, late night light exposure.
Keeping right mindset and healthy habits are very much required.
1) Eat, when feeling hungry and, stop when your hypothalamus is saturated.
2) Eat fresh, green, homemade as far as possible. Decrease or, eliminate fast food and animal foods.
3) Sleep early. Put auto-switch off mode in mobile. Don't expose light to your eyes, unless it's very essential.
4) To ensure good sleep, massage 3rd eye area (gv24.5) +- k6, gb43 acupuncture point. Soothing classical music like raag bageshri or, raag darbari can be listened too.
5) Press pc6 acupoint (on inner side of wrist-3 finger from wrist crease. Google to know the exact location) 3-5 times a day for ~1 min.
6) Take shower 2 times.
If pain persist, visit acupuncturist. As acupressure don't administer any medicine in body and, free from all side-effects. So, it's best healing modality.
- Skin tags are invariably benign - non cancerous - tumors of the skin which cause no symptoms, unless it is repeatedly rubbed or scratched, as may happen with clothing, jewelry, or when shaving. Very large skin tags may burst under pressure.
- Skin tags are benign, asymptomatic skin tumors, often raised from the skin on fleshy peduncles.
- Skin tags are composed of a core of fibers and ducts, nerve cells, fat cells, and a covering or epidermis.
- Some people inherit an increased susceptibility to skin tags, and being obese or overweight also appears to increase the likelihood of developing this skin anomaly. Skin tags affect people of all genders equally, but are more likely to occur in people who are pregnant and/or who have diabetes.
Sex has beenthe life nerve of human existence. Modern lifestyle has caused much damage tothe sex life because of the changing life styles. Sex life needs an inevitablebooster in the modern life style.
Boost your Sex with Asparagus
Intoday’s hyper-connected, globalized world, where images and fashions aretranslated across continents in the blink of an eye, man’s personal life,including sex, is facing a lot of problems. Products for boosting sex drivethat are flooded in the markets portray the loss of normal sex life in thecomputer era.
A well-balanced diet with asparagus
Some of thesenatural foods increase male and female sex hormones, while others elevate moodor boost sperm production. The most important foods, such as asparagus,drumstick, etc., play a critical role in increasing blood flow. They stimulateyour nervous and circulatory systems and send more blood flowing to your sexorgans, resulting in enhanced sexual arousal and performance.
An ancient aphrodisiac asparagus
Asparagus has been asuccessful aphrodisiac from ancient days. It is rich in folate, a B vitaminthat helps increase your production of histamine, a promoter of sex life.Proper levels of histamine play an essential role in sex drive for both men and women.
An aphrodisiac that triggers both mind and body
The very name of asparagus suggests it is an aphrodisiac. The French word for asparagus Asperger’ which is a slang word for the male sex organ. As an aphrodisiac,asparagus is considered as a psycho-physiological aphrodisiac because of its shape. It is said to trigger the mind to have a physiological response to enhance sex.
A promoter of fertility
Asparagus is an effective promoter for both male and female fertility. High in nutrition and low in calories, shoots of this vegetable have tempted many a taste bud with delicious savor and delicate flavor. It has great effect when it is used as soup with drumstick.
There is no bedroom issue quite as distressing as a soft manhood, but your penis problem is a more common issue than you think.
As many as 25 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction of all age groups and as little as one in four seek treatment.
We are all familiar about the little blue pill that can fix the failure to rise but you do not necessarily need any medications to restore your erections. The good news is there are natural solutions that work well for men and some research suggests that certain vitamins for ed and supplements can also help. Around 70 percent of ED treatments are restored using home remedies and natural treatments.
Erectile dysfunction is caused by a handful of things, but one thing's for sure: you need a healthy supply of the best vitamins for erections to achieve and maintain an healthy sex life. Healthy blood vessels are necessary for good circulation, as blood is pumped around the body to carry nutrients to the cells.Vitamins can help the blood vessels to dilate or open so blood can fill the manhood. As you get older you will possibly need more nutrients than your diet can supply. Fortunately, you can boost your intake of nutrients with vitamins supplements along with improved diet as outlined below.
Medications like Viagra can fix this problem for a few hours, but vitamins and amino acids have been eliminating erection problems for centuries. Even though these vitamin supplements are natural, vitamins and amino acids can interact with medications, so it is important to seek advice from your doctor before you add any vitamin to your daily routine. This is also recommended since studies have shown that erection issues can be linked to larger health issues.
The Best Vitamins For Impotence
These are the best vitamins for erections and have been eliminating erection problems long before the little blue pill became a popular quick fix.
1. Vitamin C
In addition to boosting your immune system, vitamin C is also important to preserving health. This in turn has been associated with increased sexual performance.
2. Vitamin D
Researchers have found that men who are vitamin D deficient were far more likely to have difficulty getting it up than those men who have sufficient levels. This vitamin is crucial for keeping blood vessels healthy. Without this, blood flow is restricted, affecting everything from your circulation and your ability to get a hard-on.
3. Vitamin B3
The vitamin helps increase blood flow and erectile function and a deficiency is one of the underlying causes of erectile dysfunction.
4. Folic Acid
Erectile problems can sometimes be linked to cardiovascular issues. If your heart isn't in full health, your sex life maybe suffering as result. Men who suffer with moderate to severe erection problems have significantly lower levels of folic acid than guys without the issue. The B vitamin has been shown to work with nitric oxide which would explain why an absence of it would lead to problems in the manhood. This seems to help with erectile dysfunction more than some medications. Treatment with folic acid resulted in men having an increase in their erectile strength.
This mineral is needed for a healthy sex life and a deficiency is linked to low testosterone levels which contributes to weaker erections. Zinc supplements can significantly improve matters in the bedroom. Food items loaded with Zinc can include oysters, shellfish, nuts and seeds.
Erectile dysfunction is best treated by tackling the actual cause of the problem, whether this is physical or psychological reason. On top of using the best vitamins for erections, include a healthy diet that is high in fibre and nutrients. Eat fresh vegetables, apples, oats and whole grains.
If you are looking to stop your erectile dysfunction permanently and start having hard erections, these vitamins can Stop Erectile Dysfunction Read here our featured story of how one man cured himself within a few days using a natural remedy to cure his erectile dysfunction.
Hi there I am having ear wax or do not know what it is bcoz I tried to take out but I am unable to find it by my own so I taken ear wax liquid but still its inside there please tell me what to do.
I am affected from Sneezing. Usually I used to sneeze when I wake up from bed. And also if I started to sneeze then the next half an hour I will sneeze. What is the problem for me?
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
Lupus is an autoimmune system disease in which the body's immune system gets hyperactive and attacks the normal and healthy tissue. It is a chronic illness. Individuals with lupus may encounter episodes of a flare up when symptoms show up, and episodes of remission when the side effects are under control. During a lupus flare up one may experience side effects such as weariness, exhaustion, weight reduction, fever, and iron deficiency. Flares and remissions can happen at any time, all of a sudden.
Some of the cautioning signs of a flare are as follows:
- Weakness and fatigue
- High fever
- Increased pain
- Development of a rash or worsening of one
- Disturbed stomach
- A migraine or wooziness
Some of the ways through which one can reduce lupus flare-ups are as follows
- Figure out how to perceive the signs of a flare up and talk to your specialist regarding them.
- Keep up your physical well-being. Make sure to visit your specialist frequently, regardless of the fact that you are feeling fine. Plan customary dental, eye, and gynecological exams.
- Get enough rest. Be adaptable with your timetable of day-by-day exercises.
- Attempt to limit your anxiety and stress. Since this might be difficult to do now and again, think about creating a method of managing stress. Build up an emotionally supportive network that includes your family, companions, medicinal or nursing experts, group associations, and care groups.
- Participate in an activity or a project to help you keep up physical wellness and decrease stress.
- Have a solid and healthy eating routine.
- Limit your exposure to the sun and different sources of bright light, for example, fluorescent or incandescent lamps.
- Notify your specialist immediately regarding any damage, ailment, or infection in case you do not feel well.
- Delay elective surgery (dental surgery and teeth pulling) until your lupus is under control or going away.
- Lupus may bring about issues for a pregnant woman and her child. Thus, women with lupus need to be careful while planning any pregnancy. Try not to quit using conception prevention until you have talked about the likelihood of pregnancy with your specialist and he or she has verified that you are perfectly healthy to get pregnant.
- Talk to your specialist before you quit taking any recommended medicines.
- Check with your specialist or attendant before taking any over-the-counter prescriptions.
- Be cautious while attempting any over-the-counter medications for your skin or scalp. In case there is any redness, rash, raised areas, itching or irritation, do not use the medicine.
- Know that specific physician recommended medications might trigger a flare. up Likewise, tell your lupus specialist or doctor if any new prescriptions have been recommended for you.
- Make sure to check with your lupus specialist before accepting any vaccination. Routine injections, including those for season's flu virus and pneumonia, are an essential piece of keeping up your well-being, and you need to get them if your specialist confirms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
An often persistent and long-lasting condition, psoriasis interferes with the life cycle of skin cells and causes them to increase rapidly on the surface of the skin. These generally appear as dry, itchy and red patches of skin having thick, silvery scales.
Psoriasis can be subdivided into the following:
- Plaque psoriasis: The most common form, characterized by dry, red skin lesions covered with silvery scales and can be seen anywhere on the body.
- Scalp psoriasis: These appear on the scalp and may extend beyond the hairline.
- Nail psoriasis: These affect the toenails and fingernails.
- Guttate psoriasis: Characterized by blister-like appearances and are stimulated by bacterial infections.
- Inverse psoriasis: Caused by fungal infections.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis: Can cover the entire body with a reddish rash that may peel.
- Pustular psoriasis: Capable of causing chills, fever and diarrhea.
The usual signs and symptoms of psoriasis include:
- Red, sensitive patches of skin
- A silvery, scaly cover
- Dry and cracked skin that may bleed when scratched or agitated
- Tiny scaling spots (witnessed in children)
- Persistent itching, soreness or burning sensation
- Ridged, thickened or pitted nails
- Stiff and swollen joints
Possible causes of psoriasis may include:
- Skin infections or strep throat infections
- Skin injuries, like cuts, bites or sunburns
- Cold weather
- Chronic alcoholism
- Certain medications such as high blood pressure medications
The following factors may further increase the risk of developing the disease:
- Fungal and bacterial infections
- Family history
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
- Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
- Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
- Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
- Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
- Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
- Use cotton clothes
- Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
- Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
- Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.