Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Ranaghat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Goutam Das
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Goutam DasYour feedback matters!
I have an ulcer in the back side of my tongue. But wrongly I have used mometasone furoate cream usp in that tongue ulcer twice by that I have swallowed some ointment also. What will be the reaction.
My teeth are very fragile and max teeth are broken at the gum like lining. Do I have chance to grow cist?
I am little bit ugly. My teeth was not aligned in straight. My lips were little bit big in size. One of my eye is little bit squint eye. Can be observed when concentrated. What can I do to look fair. Generally how much it costs me. Some round figure please.
I am 25yrs old, I suffers by mouth also (pimples in mouth at upper and below of leaf. Please advice me what should I do? I have taken many of doctors appoint. Please suggest.
Mere teeth me thora sa pilapan hai .use kaise dur kre .regular brush bhi krta hu Colgate visible white se? Yaa aur koi paste ho jisse jhaldi pilapan hat jaaye yaa med. To btaye?
Whatever I am eat, I vomit it within hours but not the food but saliva only. Then isn't know for what But I as always sneeze and my foot is burning from inside without any rashes.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.