Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay S MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
One of my relative nearly lost eye site due to Steven Johnson effect. Tears are not formed. Now she is using artificial lens with liquid in it. It's taking lot of time to recover. The method adopted is Boston Technic. Can any doctor suggest better treatment. She is 18 years old. You can call me on 9821249793 Mumbai.
Actually I have a disease in my eye cratognos and I will be treatment in aiims C3R and after that my eyes will be proper fit or not.
I am notice that my eyesight is becoming less for last one month please give any suggestions to recover.
In some times I woke up I am trying to open my eyes and move but I can not aftr few seconds it will be ok. Is there any nerve pblm?
I have red eyes when I ride bike with open eyes and eye tear drop frequently. What can I do and what presumption I take?
Dear doctor, whenever I eat citrus fruit and garlic I get itching on my eye with tears and I sneeze many times. Why it is happening, pls help.
I am suffering from some eyes problem like tears in some time when I am looking any books or t. V. Shows. So can you help me.
I am a 22 year male. My eyesight is very low. It reaches minus 5. Should I go for laser operation or should I wait for 2-3 years because I am preparing for some government jobs where operation is not allowed. Please suggest me.
I have cold since the last two days, and it's causing severe itching in my eyes. Sometimes they water too. Any suggestions to get rid of this? Please help.
Hi I am having yellow eyes whenever I smoke a cigarette And this is happening for past one year I have had my blood test and am not having typhoid or tb.
Actually I can't sleep properly now a days, this problem started 2- 3 months ago, when I started seeing movies late till night but now also when I don't use to do so and I try to sleep but I am unable to sleep near about 1: pm What can I do!
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.