Find numerous Yoga & Naturopathy Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Yoga & Naturopathy Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Yoga & Naturopathy Specialists online in Rajkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sureshchandra Chotalia
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Sureshchandra ChotaliaYour feedback matters!
Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age. Acne or acne vulgaris occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne. These can usually be seen on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck of acne patients. Apart from these, painful lumps under the surface of the skin and red raised bumps can also be found on the skin of acne patients.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout.
Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Related Tip: "5 Myths and Facts About Acne?"
If you are thinking of undergoing some skin rejuvenation treatment, you should consider collagen induction therapy. This therapy, also called medical skin needling, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that aims at reducing the apperance of wrinkles and fine lines on your face, and other parts of your body.
Who requires collagen induction therapy?
• Collagen induction therapy suits several types of skin, and it is carried out by people who want to improve their skin laxity, eliminate wrinkles, smoothen lines, and slow down the aging process.
• It is also ideal for improving your appearance, in the case of scarring.
Before the treatment
• Before undergoing this therapy, you should consult an experienced doctor to determine whether the treatment will suit you or not.
• You should also ask the doctor about the procedure, its complications, benefits, and other facts related to collagen induction therapy.
• The treatment involves the use of micro needles on a roller which is moved over your skin for creating evenly spaced puncture wounds.
• As a result of the process, the body’s natural collagen production gets stimulated by the generation of a wound healing response.
• The roller that is used is similar to a tattoo needle, and minimal trauma is caused during the creation of the puncture holes.
• Sometimes, local anesthesia is used for minimizing discomfort. The length of the needles on the roller varies and depends on how deep the needles have to penetrate into the skin.
• This procedure is performed on your body and face. It usually takes around an hour for the treatment to be undertaken, depending on the area that is being treated.
• After undertaking a collagen induction therapy, it is likely for your skin to be pink in color.
• Some mild bruising and bleeding are also seen, which depends on the length of the needle used for the treatment.
• It usually takes two to three days to recover after the procedure. It is recommended for you to undertake a series of 2 to 5 sittings for maximum benefits and ideal results.
• It may take around 4 to 8 weeks for you to observe the benefits. You should use cosmeceutical grade skin care at home for better and enhanced results.
The collagen induction therapy is designed for stimulating your body’s natural collagen production that helps in improving your skin in several ways. You should consult your doctor and let him decide whether you are fit for the procedure. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!