Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa A. MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 29 years old, my eyesight is blur when ever I look something at a distance. I kindly request you to help me with my problem. Thanking you.
Near his eyes it has become very black I think by watching TV a lot and in front of system he will be a lot. So that black spots should go means what shud he dooo?
For over a month now I have been having issues with my eye. Before it was watering and burning. The watering was so bad it was rolling down my check. Its only the one eye really. Now I am having pain like someone is poking me and my check under the eye feels like I was punched and my eye brow hurts too. It seems to also be affecting my migraines. Please help!
My eye's water (V. H) is drying, I guess due to less sleeping. It feels very itchy. What should I do.
I am 16 year boy having a problem in my eyes during my recess time in the school or whem I go in light so what precaution I should take to improve my eye sight else it will suffer me in my future.
Hii l am 19 years old. L am wearing spectacles of power 3/6 of each my eyes. On going day by day my eyes are going inside and inside. It look so boring l feel shy when I removing my spex plzz suggest any exercise method to move out my eyes.
Sir I have studied in vibrant academy kota since 2 years. And I have 2.0 power spectacles on my eyes. I need help to cure eyesight. Any type of medicine any exercise anything to cure my eyes. Thanks.
Hi Doctor, I am always getting right side eye pain if I am sad why always depression and worried I should take a tablet or any remedy.
Hello, my age 23/m. Recently I went for an eye test. Dr says u hav an eyesight.Power ( L -0.75sp -0.50cy axis 95 & R -0.50sp -0.50cy axis 90). [i am a student and i, also work on p.C] Do I need specs? I am using specs only for sometime because I am getting headache after wearing them. But I can see clearly with glasses. Do i wear them constantly frm morning to nyt? Or only fr sometime?
Hi doctor, I've got laser eye surgery done this year in April .using lubricant drops when I get pain or feel dryness. Its like if I don't use eye drops for a while I get vision blur n intolerance towards light. For how long should I be using these drops and I get irritation towards eyeliner kajol n mascara I Use them occasionally but get trouble for a day after that, is it like I can't use them or how long I've to wait to use them, help me out thank you.
I am having basic myopia and having problem selecting the right number for the glasses. Help selecting any good treatment please?
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.