Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa A. Mehta
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa A. MehtaYour feedback matters!
Recently I tested my eye and wearing the new spectacle as per the new prescription. I am not feeling any discomfort but the power is not better than my previous glasses. My previous glasses gives brighter and clear view of letters from a big distance. My new glasses gives little blurry to view letters in big distance. Should I retest my eye? Or Is there any way to find power details of my old glass because I lost prescription of my old glass?
Hello doctor, I wanna use lens for my eyes, yet I don't have any eye problems I just want to use it cos I feel very interesting and totally cool. Will it be okay if I use it?
I have itchy eyes since 2 days also my left eye swells up once in 2 months mostly in the night when I scratch it. Don't understand What's the reason but I always have this itchy eyes issue. Even while having cold it starts itching. It's gets b irritating Kindly help.
I am suffering from lazy eye. How it can be cured and what are the precautions that I have to take in order to improve my eye sight progressively. Please suggest something fast its urgent.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!