Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pathologists online in Rajkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay PatelYour feedback matters!
Hi, I took a combination of ibuprofen 400mg and paracetamol 325 mg to get relief from body pain. But now I'm having uncomfortable feeling in stomach, which does not seem to relate to motion. Is this acidity/gastric trouble due to high dosage? What should I do.
My mother is suffering from hand-pain (right-hand. Wen she consulted a doctor. He said their is gap between bones. The doctor advised to take treatment for a week but of no use. What she have to do now?
I am 46 yrs old male, and chronically there is mild headache every morning, stomach heavy (even after good bowels), little bit watery eyes, heavy eyes, mild body pain (particularly lower part of body), choking sensation in throat and chi-chi sound in the head, kindly help to resolve the problem. Thank You.
I am suffering from chronic urticaria since more than 2 years and it has reached level of auto immune disease. I am also suffering from knee joint pain in both the knees while climbing stairs and as per knee x-ray membrane is damaged. Though I am taking lupivastin and rosehip extract (Co-rosiflex C) but pain has not subsided completely. Since last 3 months I developed pain in upper right arm and shoulder. I took pain killers for few days 2 -3 times but the pain did not subside so my doctor suggested for USG of arm which showed muscle rupture (suprataneous) and fluid collection in upper arm and I am undergoing physiotherapy as advised. The pain increases while sleeping and I have pain in upper arm and shoulder on getting up as well. After some exercise the pain is relieved but it mild pain remains which aggravates by night or occasionally during day while driving or doing some particular activities. For last few weeks I have developed similar kind of pain in my left arm and shoulder. I want to know what could be the case of such pain, is it related to auto immune conditions or is it due to something else. What course of action is recommended for diagnosis and treatment.
Since last 2 months. I had pain in my whole body. how can it be treated? Like back pain, neck, shoulder and all. Please reply.
Hi, Mere pasliyo mai seene mai drad badan mai kapkapahat weakness ghutno mai dard pair ki nasomai dard. Kya Karu? Please advise.
Lady of 59 years age(HF) High BP (150/90).Thyroid Tri-iodo(T3) -0.74, Thyroxine(T4)-5.42,Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(T S H) 26.41 Thlasemia is present, Hemoglobine-11.2. Body swelling persists, Knee pain ,middle finger of hand numbs,both legs have paralytic tendency after walk of few distance chest pain occasionally and suddenly for 2/3 minutes
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
I am a 20 year male. I got an accident and got injured badly. My left leg got a cut and having pain. How it will recover lastly.
In right hand there is sensation almost at every night & lot of pain dr says it is due to inflamation ,diabetic patient ,65 year age suggest medicine.
6 Bodily Pains You Must Never Ignore
Any pain in the body is an indication and demands attention. Some pains go away by themselves or by home treatment, while few need medical attention.
Here are 6 types of pains which should never be ignored.
- Chest Pain - Chest pain that doesn't go away and is accompanied by shortness of breath can prove to be fatal if not treated at the earliest. Do not wait for it to subside, nor should you try self medication. Consult the doctor immediately.
- Abdominal Pain - While abdominal pain could be because of various smaller reasons, if it is unbearable, consult a doctor at the earliest. This pain could be because of ruptured appendix, stomach ulcer, problems in your pancreas or gallbladder or even intestinal blockages.
- Severe Headache - Normally we tend to take headaches lightly, believing that all we need to do is pop a medicine or rest it out. However, if the pain is excruciating, consult the doctor as soon as possible.
- Prolonged Backache - If you are experiencing pain in the back with tingling in your toes, this could be associated with your discs. Give it medical attention at the earliest, as it could turn fatal.
- Lower Abdomen - Appendicitis' indicator is sharp pain on the side. If you feel a sharp pain in your lower abdomen on the right side along with symptoms like nausea, vomiting, fever, shaking, constipation and diarrhea, reach out for medical assistance as soon as possible.
- Leg Pain - Yet another pain one should not ignore is deep vein thrombosis which is blood clots in the legs? deep veins.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.