Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Rajkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratap Jethwani
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap JethwaniYour feedback matters!
I am 52 years old and suffering from diabetics for the last 7 years. I am regularly taking tablet and the blood sugar level currently 132 (fasting and 202 (pp). I have to remove a teeth in my back jaw as the teeth growth is un uniform and painful. Shall I remove the teeth with the current sugar level or I have to reduce the sugar before removing the teeth. Pl advise.
Please advise whether Aspartame, the sugar substitute is good or bad. I am diabetic and using three or four cubes a day.
I am diabetic and getting tired every two hours. One of my cousin advised me to take GlucernaSR - (Low Calorie nutrition for people with Diabetes). After consuming this with milk my condition is little improved. If continue this, will put on weight. Is it safe to use in long term.
I am 74 years old. Suffering from diabetis, thyroid, artirial philberation and sleep apnea and using machine while sleeping. My main problem is how to control irregular heartbeet. At present I am ok but in future problems may arise. I have already undergone electric shocks thrice to set right the heartbeet. The last 4 years back. Now I am using flavadon Mr. Once a day. Kindly advice me.
Diabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level rises in your body either due to less insulin level in the body or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. The foods you eat have a major role in controlling your blood sugar levels. You need to pick your foods wisely to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking.
The various foods that you should be eating if you have diabetes are:
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate contains good amounts of flavonoids that help in improving insulin sensitivity and limits food cravings. It also reduces your chances of heart attack.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in fiber that helps you in managing your blood sugar levels. They also contain anthocyanins that assist in regulating your blood sugar levels.
3. Fish: Fish is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body, thus reducing your chances of heart problems. Fish is also a good source of protein that helps you in feeling fuller.
4. Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that help in reducing your chances of heart diseases and diabetes.
5. Oranges: Make sure you eat plenty of oranges as they are rich in vitamin C and they reduce the risk of diabetes. You may also opt for broccoli or strawberries.
The various foods you should avoid are:
1. White rice: White rice is a refined grain which, when consumed, tends to spike your blood sugar levels. You can instead opt for brown rice.
2. Bananas: Banana may contain vitamins and minerals, but are also rich in carbohydrates. Instead, opt for fruits like berries that are not only rich in fiber and antioxidants, but also have a low glycemic index.
3. Sugary foods: The term sugary foods is used to describe foods such as pastries, cakes and cookies. These foods are carbohydrate rich and do not contribute much in making the body healthy. Instead, replace them with natural foods such as chickpeas and peanuts.
4. Dried fruit: Various dried fruits contain high concentration of sugar, which happens due to the dehydration process by which they are formed. So replace them with fresh fruits such as guava and peaches to control your blood sugar levels.
Amongst all other dry-fruits, Almonds and Walnuts can be had in moderation as they contain essential fatty acids and do not effect blood sugars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.