Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jay Deep Ganatra
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jay Deep GanatraYour feedback matters!
she is 2 years old. Her weight is 7 kg. Her birth weight was 3 kg. She is not eating anything. I am really concerned about her health. What should I do as she is very thin. I don't want her to be fat baby just want her to be healthy one.
Hi Sir Just need your guidance about health drinks for my 3 years old daughter. Is it good for her eg. Horlicks, bournvita etc. Please suggest, should I go for these items or avoid usage?
- Avoid nursing children to sleep or putting anything other than water in their bed-time bottle.
- Learn the proper way to brush and floss your child's teeth.
- Take your child to a pediatric dentist regularly to have his/her teeth and gums checked.
- Starting at birth, clean your child’s gums with a soft infant toothbrush or cloth and water.
- The first dental visit should be scheduled by your childs first birthday.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My daughter is becoming arrogant, feeling insecure about me, and very much talkative & naughty. How to control her. Please advise.
My nephew who is one and half year old is suffering from fever cough and he has acne or pimple all over body. What it can be?
Are you concerned about your child’s overeating? Overeating may seem like a harmless act in the beginning, but it is in this that the root of childhood obesity lies. The germ that overeating, seeds in your child’s life, will affect him/her throughout their life. It is certainly a point of concern for anyone and to keep your child healthy and active, you must take precautionary measures from beforehand.
There are some, tips that you may find helpful to rein in the overeating behavior of your child. These tips are very simple and psychology based, they motivate your child to not overstuff their stomach.
- Make your child enjoy and love the food they are eating. Show them how much you are “enjoying” the food rather than just “eating” it. It should be like a celebration.
- Teach your children how to understand the difference between being full and overeating. Tell them to listen to their stomach and feel their stomach being full of the food; and consequently stop there, rather than going on eating. Your stomach sends a signal when it is on the threshold of being full and overfull. Your child needs to understand that signal and stop eating.
- Try to avoid power struggles both in the case of forcing them to eat or forcing them not to eat. If your child does not want to eat the food, don’t force-feed them. That creates a lasting impression and your child develops an aversion to food items. Rather, leave the food on the table and let your child know that they have access to the food and they can eat whenever they feel like it. Ultimately a hungry stomach will give in and he/she will return to the table. If your child wants to eat more someday, then he/she wants it because they are hungry that particular day, not because they are overeating. Plan some kind of activity after dinner or lunch, such as washing the plates, cleaning the kitchen, so that the food gets digested easily and quickly.
- Some foods act as a trigger for overeating. Savory items such as chips, cheese balls, pizzas, etc. and sweet items such as chocolates, ice creams, cookies, candies, etc. fall in this category. These are palatable and are attractive to the kids. It is hard to stop consuming them and in certain cases becomes addictive. You need to teach your child the harm that these foods are causing to their health. Teach them with the help of pictures and videos the effects of diabetes, obesity and other such diseases on the human body.
Your child needs to love the food that they are eating and it is there that they will form a healthy relationship with food. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!