Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Rajkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G Brijesh SoniYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, Past from the few days I am suffering from pain in between teeth and mouth. I never faced it previously but I am having hobbits of tobacco and smoking. Please do suggest to reduce pain.
White patches in tobacco smokers or chewers are generally pre - cancerous. Quit tobacco and prevent cancer !
Using baking soda as a home remedy for whitening your teeth is helpful, but do not use harshly as it acts as an abrasive it will abrade your enamel layer exposing dentinal tubles making them sensitive.
Use baking soda but once in a week, it helps in removing stains but just avoid applying it harshly.
Dr. I visited my dentist, he told me that some of my teeth having cavity. And I should remove them.So removing cavity and then filling of them is a proper or healthy way. And he suggest me the laser technique of filling which is better.Advice me?
When I brush my teeth ,little blood oozes from my gums. I consulted a dentist who has done scaling and prescribed Tan-x gum paint along with medicated mouthwash but no response Please help I am a Diabetic patient too
Sir, my rootcanal complete before 6 month but in this is small hole, now in want cap on teeth pls guide me this is correct or not & how may rs spend in this process?
My son rubs his teeth at night when he's sleeping. What is the reason for doing ths Any mediation for the same TIA.
I am male 18 yrs. I am suffering from pain since 2yrs at my right lower jaw. Under from last 3rd teeth. Already I have consult a doctor before 2 yrs. And now again I getting the same pain.
I have mouth ulcer since very long time. It goes of for 1-2 days and again come back and little pan in right side of tongue root while food gulp.
HiiiiE doctors I am suffering from a problem ie. Daily while brushing my teeth and tongue, I gets a vomiting immediately, it is fully covered with an yellow colour and some times it's turns to Tea colour like blood. I am having the habit of smoking from past 4years. please tell me that is it, any symptoms of any disease like cancer or other. And I am 18 year's old.
I am 19 years old when I wake up on morning getting blood in teeth and bad smell in my mouth but I'm brushing well why the problem getting regular please sir give me a solution to the stop bleeding on teeth.
Is it right for the dentist to straightway start the RCT without verifying the requirement of taking X-Ray? Isn't the dentist supposed to confirm that RCT is complete by taking X-Ray and co-relate the result of the operation he had carried out?
Hello, I am suffering from problem of mouth ulcer and its very serious so please suggest how I overcome please help me thank you.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
I am having habit of chewing pain &supari last 15 years. Last 3-4years I am not able to open my mouth complete. After a dentist consult he told me I am suffering from OSMF some white patches but if I will continue with same habit it can transform into cancer. Please guide me how to take care to avoid cancer and how to widen my mouth opening.
A baby's first tooth erupts at the age of 6 months. For proper dental growth of a baby, the first visit to the dentist should be at the age of 2 years.