Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Rajkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bruhvi Poptani
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Treatment of Bad Breath
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Sensitive Teeth
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Oral Thrush
Treatment of Broken Teeth
Treatment of Tooth Decay
Treatment of Wisdom Teeth
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bruhvi PoptaniYour feedback matters!
Tha problem is that my two teeth till now dudh k daant pls suggest me k what I am doing with teeth removed or consult with dr.
My teeth are not in order. I have to shape it but I do not like to wear braces. Is it possible to correct my teeth using any other technique? And how much expansive it will be?
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
I am suffering from bad breathing. And I have cavity in many of my teeth. I was afraid of the treatment and the high cost involve on this. I know it was too late but now I want a pepper solution with minimum cost. Would you please help me out? Any temporary solution for bad breathing?
Tip of the Day - Do not add sugar to your child's milk. The child develops a sweet tooth and you cannot stop him/ her from eating sweet things later, adding to his frequent decay and multiple visits to the Child Dental Specialist. If your child has decay, it is better to have the same treated ASAP so that it does not result in irregular teeth later on.
What is Geographic tongue?
Geographic tongue is a benign condition that affects the surface of your tongue. Geographic tongue is also known as benign migratory glossitis. It is a map-like appearance of your tongue due to irregular patches on its surface.
Symptoms of Geographic tongue-
- Map-like appearance to the surface of the tongue
- Smooth, red patches and sores (lesions) on the tongue
- Frequent changes in the location, size and shape of lesions
- Pain or burning sensation
Causes of Geographic tongue-
The cause of geographic tongue is unknown.
Risk factors of Geographic tongue-
- Inherited genetic factors
- Fissured tongue
- Allergies and other immune system hypersensitivities
- Stress or psychological disorders
- Oral contraceptive use
Diagnosis of Geographic tongue-
Diagnosis of Geographic tongue involves the physical examination of your tongue. Tests are usually not needed.
Precautions & Prevention of Geographic tongue
- Avoid hot, spicy, acidic or salty foods
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco products
Treatment of Geographic tongue-
- Homeopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Acupuncture & Acupressure Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Psychotherapy Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Surgical Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Geographic tongue
- Other Treatment of Geographic tongue
Treatment of Geographic tongue
Homeopathic Treatment of Geographic Tongue-
Homeopathy treats pain and patches on tongue. It treats the person as a whole. Treatment is constitutional. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. It balances the energy system, improves immunity and body functions. It naturally cures the root cause of disorder. Some of the homeopathic medicines for treatment of geographic tongue are:
- Am mur
- Ars alb
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue-
Allopathic Treatment of Geographic tongue involves the following medications:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers
- Antihistamine mouth rinses
- Mouth rinses with an anesthetic
- Corticosteroid ointments or rinses
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Geographic tongue-
- Avoid drinking tea and coffee
- Eat more of fiber rich foods such as cereals, spinach and fresh vegetables
- Eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals
- Drink plenty of water, fruits juice and other healthy liquids
Other Treatment of Geographic tongue-
Use a little water and baking soda to create a thick paste that should be used to brush your teeth and tongue until everything clears up.